PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to share my new tank layout...

shawn barker
Fri Sep 15, 2006, 12:21 PM
Hopefully here is apicture of tank after I added a few new plants and the D&D CO2 injection system about 3 weeks ago. I have just replaced all the light tubes as well and the plants are growing really fast now.

shawn barker
Fri Sep 15, 2006, 12:22 PM
Whoops the photo didn't seem to come ut did it.

HELP!!

shawn barker
Fri Sep 15, 2006, 12:30 PM
I think this is it!

Just preveiwed it and the picture is there, excuse my photographic skills though!! :lol:

antwan
Sat Sep 16, 2006, 12:09 AM
Your photography is fine mate, beautiful tank.

Nathan
Sun Sep 17, 2006, 12:02 AM
that looks awesome well done, got any more detailed details? like the dosage of co2 how many bubbles a second? what liquid ferts? whats lights etc?

anyway good job on the tank it looks tops

shawn barker
Tue Sep 19, 2006, 02:21 PM
that looks awesome well done, got any more detailed details? like the dosage of co2 how many bubbles a second? what liquid ferts? whats lights etc?

anyway good job on the tank it looks topsAt the moment I am running the CO2 at about a bubble a second when the ligths are on and add leafzone by aquarium pharmaceuticals inc. at the recommended dosage.

The lighting is by one powerglo and 3 aquaglo (all new tubes as I have just replaced the tubes that came with the tank). They are on a split lighting period of 5 hours on 2 off and 5 on as this, hopefully, will help control any algae as suggested on this and other forums that I have read.

It seems to work OK for me as the plants bubble during the lighting period and seem to be growing very nicely now. I have only had the pressurised CO2 for about a month and the difference it makes is very noticable.