PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition at Fed Square

wickedglass
Wed Sep 13, 2006, 03:11 PM
hiyas,
There's an exhibition happening a fed square in melbourne, including glassblowing demos staged by some friends of mine and myself. the following is the blurb sent out by the gallery:

Gallery director Peter Kolliner, is delighted to invite you to our 4th Annual Overview of Contemporary Australian Flameworked Glass opening on Thursday 14 September 2006 at 6.00 pm.
On the opening night of this year's "Glass on Flame" Christian Arnold, Matthew Farrell and Mark Eliott will be demonstrating a unique approach to flame-work sculpting: "Glass Improvisation to Music".

Glass Forms will be sculpted in the flame in response to live music. The glass artists and musicians will inspire each other to produce a visual and auditory experience culminating in a sculpture to be included in this exhibition.

Since its conception by Mark Eliott several years ago, as an expression of his synaesthesia, this project has blown out into an interesting new hybrid art form with Chris Arnold, Zhonu Moon, Matthew Farrell and others bringing their own unique ideas and aesthetics to the idiom.

The improvised music will be provided by Melbourne group, "Shifting Sands Sound Scapes" under the stewardship og percussionist, Zhonu Moon, whose glass art works also appear in the exhibition.

The "glass on Flame" exhibition this year features work by the largest selection yet of Australia's best established and emerging contemporary flamework artists.

Featured Artists are:

Chris Arnold
Jemma Clements
Richard Clements
MaryAnne Cunningham
Cas Davey
Pauline Delaney
Cindy Durant
Mark Eliott
Matthew Farrell
Michael Fawns
Sally Green
Raymond Mifsud
Peter Minson
Zhonu Moon
Michelle Moore
Helen Peake
Gayle Shaw
Katherine Wardill

times for flameworking demos are

thu 14 september 6 - 8pm
fri 15 september 10am-6pm
sat 16 september 10am-6pm
sun 17 september 10am-6pm

if anyone's interested you're more than welcome to come down and check it all out, it's always a lot of fun!

Robdog
Thu Sep 14, 2006, 02:38 AM
Sounds like its gonna blow.......glass.
I've always stopped out side those shops and displays in shopping centres where people are blowing glass. Fascinating to watch.
Are you gonna do a whirlwind Sydney tour???;)

Xtreme
Thu Sep 14, 2006, 10:37 AM
Would love to attend, only about a 1000 km's keep me from doing such! Have a great day though!

Rebecca