PDA

View Full Version : On Spawn #6 now....but....

Mikeyfish7620
Mon Sep 11, 2006, 08:51 PM
We'll spawn #5 just happened with my confirmed pair but the eggs were eaten...on spawn #1-3 the water was too hard so most of the eggs went bad then eaten after 2 days. Spawn #4 brought me my first wrigglers but then eaten by the male, the female tryed to protect him but the male wouldnt let her close...Spawn #5 i took out the male to let the female take care of them but no use she ate the eggs after 1 day....so what should i do? Should i try the male alone? (take out the female and let the male take care of them?), Let them both try to take care of them again (last time i tryed the male was eatting the eggs in front of me...? Or do i cage the eggs? (if i decide to, how do i do this? And where do i get one to make one or buy one?) Sorry for the long post but i really want some fry!

Ben
Mon Sep 11, 2006, 11:43 PM
First of all i like to cage the eggs. Its one of those things, some people like to do it others dont but i found it worked wonder's with me.

Second, give them time! It may take quite some time for your pair to get it correct but have patience!

Third, dont move either the male or the female! this might be scaring them and thats why the other is eating them!

HTH
Ben