PDA

View Full Version : not getting on

aquaholic
Sun Sep 10, 2006, 05:38 AM
Hi all
My pair who have 2 week old kids over the last few days have not been getting on.there both in opposite corners and giving each other the don't come down here gestures. she is mainly the aggressor going over and giving him a biff so do you think i should take one out or give them some time.

cheers andrew

nicholas76
Sun Sep 10, 2006, 08:54 AM
HI Andrew

had a little trouble understanding your post but from what I make of it.

You have a breeding pair that have successfully raised some fry. They are now fighting?? correct

This behavoiur can be typical of new parents. Sometimes things can get nasty so I would keep tabs closely

If its gone to the extremes that the fish are fighting for tank space then (depending upon fry age I assume they are old enough ) I would A, remove the fry and see if things change. B take one parent out for awhile and give them a break C to both.

aquaholic
Sun Sep 10, 2006, 10:23 AM
thanks nicholas
this is there first time that they have had fry for two weeks though they have spawned and had wrigglers many times.she is the main aggressor so i suppose her
actions mean they are fighting.this is my first time as well so it's a learning curve for me as well :) so is two weeks old enough to remove from there parents.
cheers andrew

stonedavid
Sun Sep 10, 2006, 10:28 AM
I agree with nicholas various ways of doing it you cld also just put a divider in the middle of the tank so as the babies can swim through from one parent to the other.
I have a pair similar one at each end of the tank but they have split the batch in half. Shld the babies want to go to the other parent its a bit of a swim for them but doesn't seem to be bothering them.