PDA

View Full Version : Id Please

discus666
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 01:15 PM
Can somebody id these couple of fish. Also does the eye color of discus change when they are in breeding mode,my big blue male had red eyes when he was in the community tank now his eyes have gone an amber color

samir
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 02:46 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: wow thats incredibly dark . I'd hazard a guess at cobalt ???

Mulisha
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 11:08 PM
hmmm well to me the middle one looks like it's about to die from it's colur but it could hit the glass hard or something and caused that colour not sure. They do look very different i would have to agree with samir as i don't know much about strains but then it does look like a colbolt. :? :? :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The middle one looks kinda scary :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

goldenpigeon
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 11:22 PM
ok i would say the top is either a brown or a red turq, cant htink of anything else it would be. the middle and bottom is a cobalt. it is really dark cause it has babies. would make a very good foster parent for albino fry!

nicholas76
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 11:40 PM
It isnt the norm but strangely

.................................... i LIke it

goldenpigeon
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 01:29 AM
it isnt common nick but thats how a lot of the more wildish strains look when they are breeding (so im told).

i think the cobalt is quite nice, i wouldnt mind owning it myself. also that orange face pattern with the blue body is quite rare.

nice fish IMO!

Mulisha
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 01:32 AM
The last fish looks very different and would stand out from a crowd you don't see many fish like them much. 8-)

discusjim
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 02:44 AM
Hello,
I think they are turq/cobalt cross pigeon, or have pigeon in them down the line. That is why they are so dark that is peppering, and the orange comes from the pigeon. Good luck with the babies,
Jim

Dee
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 02:56 AM
Hello,
I think they are turq/cobalt cross pigeon, or have pigeon in them down the line. That is why they are so dark that is peppering, and the orange comes from the pigeon. Good luck with the babies,
Jim

I would say that Jim is on the money there, saying that there is some PB gene in there somewhere. The colouring, eye colour and what looks to be peppering all indicate that there is PB in there somewhere. JMO

Cheers,

Dee :D

nicholas76
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 04:49 AM
Hello,
Jim

I would say that Jim is on the money there, saying that there is some PB gene in there somewhere. The colouring, eye colour and what looks to be peppering all indicate that there is PB in there somewhere. JMO

Cheers,

Dee :D

I totally agree with both of you .
A really nice fish PB X Cobalt cross over

G-1000
Mon Sep 11, 2006, 11:36 AM
yep

its a pigeon cobalt cross for sure.

very nice though too

G