PDA

View Full Version : Silly time wasting Posts ...

mcloughlin2
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone,

To be honest, There is one thing i HATE about this forum along with others sometimes and its time wasting posts ...

Such as,

pitty you didn't live in XXXXXXX i'd be all there

If you were in XXXXXX i would have bought them for sure

Or even posts like,

Yep agreed (After several other members have already agreed)

Instead how about your write,

Can you ship the fish to adelaide?

Can you ship the fish to sydney?

Or say you agree but then throw in some piece of information that hasnt already been stated?

Now i know i myself have posted usless comments, but I'm not doing it every post like some ...

I think the rules should be made a little more strict in regards to useless posts like this ..

Just my humble opinion,

Sam :)

Robdog
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah Sam I agree.

I'll get the idiot post out of the way for you as I'm sure you were expecting it

tlambert
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 10:17 PM
why would we even right that for the simple reson its about $60 to post the fish which in most cases is dearer than the fish it's self :wink:

tlambert
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 10:25 PM
oh and you want to start quoting about the silly time wasting post heres one you posted in the clasified section yesterday if thats not a time waisting post what is

Thats a great price !! Goodluck with sale & you should have no trouble selling them ...

*Chris*
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 10:47 PM
im sure there is a particular person being pointed at ........
but not being named
am i right????

Proteus
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 10:48 PM
The main area for this issue is the Classifieds.

There are already guidelines in place for this, I guess maybe some accounts may need there access removed unless something improves???

KillieOrCory
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 11:53 PM

Agreed!

As a buyer, I am not interested in if you can do it cheaper, or if you think the fish are expensive etc

If you have opinions on the "percieved" value of the "goods" in general start a new post in another part of the forum if you have anything to say.

Do not knock the seller!!! Even if it is suppose to be a joke! Not everybody visits the forum regularly and might not be aware of the friendly banter and take your comments literally!

Just my opinion

:oops:

Proteus
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 11:57 PM
As a buyer, I am not interested in if you can do it cheaper, or if you think the fish are expensive etc

If you have opinions on the "percieved" value of the "goods" in general start a new post in another part of the forum if you have anything to say.

Do not knock the seller!!! Even if it is suppose to be a joke! Not everybody visits the forum regularly and might not be aware of the friendly banter and take your comments literally!

Agreed, 100%

All we ask for is some courtesy and consideration.

If you strongly believe that something is over priced, etc, say it in private, that is what the PM feature is for.

Nathan
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 12:14 AM
why would we even right that for the simple reson its about $60 to post the fish which in most cases is dearer than the fish it's self

because its a valid point, some people probly havnt been involved in interstate shipping of fish and probly have no idea how much it is :roll: :roll:

very nice fish but i hate to say what a terrible photo pitty you didn't live in adelaide i'd be all there

IMO thats a time wasting post

tlambert
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 12:48 AM
yeah i do agree with that being a time wasting post but as you can see by how long i've been joined and how many posts i've had i dont really care to get more posts ive posted 17 posts in 5 months so something makes me think im not delibratly posting crap to get more posts unlike your 700 posts in about the same time :-k :-k :-k

hootie2s
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 02:08 AM
I know this seems to go against the grain of this thread by even posting (no offence to the author) but my God its good to see that the mentality of dont post anything unless its actual help or advice (self proven or researched) isnt just something I believe in, nice one mcloughlin2 :wink:

Nathan
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 05:53 AM
lol because ive made a lot more posts then you make all mine invalid?? funny stuff!!! :roll:

who actually cares about the ammount of posts people have made, if there of quality and validation then there isnt an issue :roll: :roll:

tlambert
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 06:46 AM
all i was saying is im not out there to increse my posts as i dont really care how many i have and as far as i can see i DID NOT say your posts were invalid so maby you should get your eyes checked :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dee
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 06:57 AM
*sigh*

Here we go again :roll:

samir
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 07:01 AM
*sigh*

Here we go again :roll: wasted post D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Chris*
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 07:03 AM
i agree

Nathan
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 07:09 AM
lol anyway im willing to drop it as its just going to be a pointless arguement an i value my account an position here at DF so i dont want to risk being banned or anything like that over a silly little arguement!

Dee
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 07:09 AM
Just doin my bit fella's ... at the end of the day most members are guilty of time wasting *shrugs*

Cheers,

Dee.

tlambert
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 07:10 AM
maby we should all leave it at that before a fight does break out i know were all guilty of it at least once :wink:

goldenpigeon
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 07:58 AM
LOL, everyone is having a bad week i take it?

how about: if you dont have anything nice, constructive or helpful to say then dont say anything. period.

if people try to do that then we shouldnt have a problem.

goldfish
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 08:08 AM
i guess im not allow to name anyone, but im not stupid and many of you are not aswell, but i noticed there were so many of those post " those are beautiful fish, i'll take it if you are in sydney" that i thought to myself, if i do the exact post aswell and see what happens. and i am surprise i was targeted. i guess its who you know!
double standard.
have no worries, if theres any irrelevant post from now on, i'll point it out!hahaha

mcloughlin2
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 09:19 AM
oh and you want to start quoting about the silly time wasting post heres one you posted in the clasified section yesterday if thats not a time waisting post what is

Thats a great price !! Goodluck with sale & you should have no trouble selling them ...

I sent you a PM last night letting you know what was going on,

My message,

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know i was not directing my thread in the Amazon lounge at you ... i quoted you because i couldnt find another message in time ..

Please dont take any offence to it as i know you are not one of the time wasters out there,

Sam

Your reply,

thats fine im not really into the discus forum that much and would'nt have even found it you hadn't pointed it out only come on here to see what discus are for sale

5mins after you replied to my PM you then post this in this thread,

Whats the deal mate? :ug Are there two people using your username or what? :?

im sure there is a particular person being pointed at ........
but not being named
am i right????

Yes your right .. There are people who are regular offenders of this crime :lol: , but this was directed to every member of this forum to see if i am the only one who gets annoyed when reading posts like,

I wish you lived in sydney

I was after people's input i was not trying to have a go at anyone ...

There are already guidelines in place for this, I guess maybe some accounts may need there access removed unless something improves???

This may be the answer Pro, however by doing this we could ruin the laid back atmosphere we have here at DF.com .. It would mean deleting every post that steps a toe out of line like on ACE forums ...

Agreed!

Just my opinion

:oops:

Spot on! I was once told that a tank i was selling was to expensive by some people who really wouldn't know what was too expensive and i didnt get one reply to my add after that!

yeah i do agree with that being a time wasting post but as you can see by how long i've been joined and how many posts i've had i dont really care to get more posts ive posted 17 posts in 5 months so something makes me think im not delibratly posting crap to get more posts unlike your 700 posts in about the same time :-k :-k :-k

I really do not see the big problem here .. :? You say its fine and you don't care .. then you completely let fly in the thread? It doesnt make sense mate .. :ug Please only say something CONTRUCTIVE in this thread as that what it is here for ... I made it clear in my PM i sent that i knew you were not a person who wastes time ...

I know this seems to go against the grain of this thread by even posting (no offence to the author) but my God its good to see that the mentality of dont post anything unless its actual help or advice (self proven or researched) isnt just something I believe in, nice one mcloughlin2 :wink:

Thanks mate .. & i do not class you post as time wasting as you had some of you own input .. :P

all i was saying is im not out there to increse my posts as i dont really care how many i have and as far as i can see i DID NOT say your posts were invalid so maby you should get your eyes checked :roll: :roll: :roll:

i dont really care to get more posts ive posted 17 posts in 5 months so something makes me think im not delibratly posting crap to get more posts unlike your 700 posts in about the same time :-k :-k :-k

:wink: It did sound like you were saying he was posting useless mesages ...

lol anyway im willing to drop it as its just going to be a pointless arguement an i value my account an position here at DF so i dont want to risk being banned or anything like that over a silly little arguement!

Good idea mate .. :) May i ask whether or not you agree with me though that there are some people that only post time wasting posts? ( I ask because you are a regular member of this forum)

LOL, everyone is having a bad week i take it?

how about: if you dont have anything nice, constructive or helpful to say then dont say anything. period.

if people try to do that then we shouldnt have a problem.

Agreed ... But the problem is there are some trollers on this site ....
:ug

i guess im not allow to name anyone, but im not stupid and many of you are not aswell, but i noticed there were so many of those post " those are beautiful fish, i'll take it if you are in sydney" that i thought to myself, if i do the exact post aswell and see what happens. and i am surprise i was targeted. i guess its who you know!
double standard.
have no worries, if theres any irrelevant post from now on, i'll point it out!hahaha

I don't believe that is the reason you posted the messgae yesterday .. You did the same thing when GP was selling fish and you posted a seperate FS with exactly the same things GP had for sale just cheaper ..

But please don't take this the wrong way mate .. Im not having a go at you ... :)

So guys, lets keep this simple, and not start a WW3 .. Just post if you agree or not with what i stated in my first post, and whther you feel these posts should be removed if there is a serial offender :lol:

All the best,

Sam

*Chris*
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 09:23 AM
spewing i was looking forward to a dummy spit
*puts the claws away*

mcloughlin2
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 09:37 AM
spewing i was looking forward to a dummy spit
*puts the claws away*

LOL .....

Somehow i can see some potential for another dummy spit once everyone has read the latest replys ... :lol:

G-1000
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 10:05 AM
I think it comes down to respecting that this is a free forum for all of us. It is generously maintained for our benefit and the discus-keeping community by Proteus - we should all respect his rules and wishes for the forum.

That said, there needs to be a little give and take with the rules which we all currently have, so I think the current system for the forum is working well.

I personally dont see any problems...

G

goldfish
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 10:06 AM
LOL, now thats a waste of memory space! hahaha

tlambert
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 12:19 PM
i dont really care to get more posts ive posted 17 posts in 5 months so something makes me think im not delibratly posting crap to get more posts unlike your 700 posts in about the same time :-k :-k :-k

sorry i did miss say that it was ment that ive posted 17 messages in the same time he's posted 700 i didn't say that his messages were all time waisting i havn't even read any of his messages as i said to you i only come on here to see whats for sale i keep tropical fish i only have the one discus her partner died :cry:

tlambert
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:

and the only reason i acually said anything was because you were complaining about use less posts yet you posted one your self yesterday and i cant see how you can complain if you are doing it yourself :wink:

Phlipper
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 12:34 PM
How about we end this right now.......and maybe one of the mods can lock it out ASAP. :(

Proteus
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 12:38 PM
There is nothing more to add to this.

Topic Locked

Proteus
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 02:02 PM
Topic Unlocked.

Seems a few facts have come to light.

Goldfish, why do you say you are from Sydney when you are not?

and why not admit who you really are, or were...

IP address for this post
210.49.215.219 [ 77 Posts ]

Users posting from this IP address

goldfish [ 77 Posts ]
Diamond [ 19 Posts ]

This information is from your last post today.... coincidence, I think not when just about every IP you have posted from Diamond has posted from.

c210-49-215-219.eburwd1.vic.optusnet.com.au

Diamonds email address = ttan123@xxxxxxxxxx
Goldfishs email address = twtan@xxxxxxxxxx

taksan
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 02:22 PM
Oops I'd call that BUSTED !!!! ROTFLMAO

samir
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 02:43 PM
some of his posts did sound awfully fimiliar. and I think he did ask me if i'd freight to melbourne. strange for someone living in Sydney to pick up from Melbourne airport .. :? another user asked me exactly the same question, so it seems there are a few diamonds around.

G-1000
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 09:58 PM
Yeh Taksan

Id say that is pretty much SPRUNG !

G

goldenpigeon
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 10:50 PM
HAHAHAHA i thought goldfish was diamond! ouch that must hurt!

*Chris*
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 10:53 PM
i beleive i already picked that one lol
but pigeon you said no its impossible
hate to say i told you so

goldenpigeon
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 11:05 PM
hey everyone.
i have here a pm which goldfish sent to me a couple of days ago when i was having a chat to him about getting up to no good in EX-AI's classifieds.

notice the BOLDED lines ;)

so goldfish... whats your explanation for this?

look, i didnt start any trouble with EX AI!
isnt it rude of him to comment back the way he did when i asked him if he is willing to post interstate?
im not going to buy the fish from him, i have hundreds myself. i was asking because i know there are friends who might be interested!
for him to say im **** him around is crap!
even though he didnt say ****, but we all know what he meant when he typed ****.

and also from previous for sale post i put up, whats with him accusing me of copying his post? and whats up with also accusing me of being the account Diamond or thar method22 guy, thats just ****!
why not you ask EX AI what his problem is with me?

im not trying to be rude to anyone, if he cant take it that he feels im rude, it is not my problem.
no one else has a problem with me!

*Chris*
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 11:09 PM
*coughs and chokes on his coffee*
told you so , told you so
and do you think he is going to be allowed to post a reply????

nicholas76
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 11:16 PM
LMAO

BUSTED big time

owell some people just have split personalitys

we should of played with this kid longer Ro hehehe

mcloughlin2
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 11:34 PM

Quote:

and the only reason i acually said anything was because you were complaining about use less posts yet you posted one your self yesterday and i cant see how you can complain if you are doing it yourself :wink:

I was sure i stated something like that in my first post ..

Or even posts like,

Quote:
Yep agreed
(After several other members have already agreed)

Instead how about your write,

Or say you agree but then throw in some piece of information that hasnt already been stated?

Not exactly in line with what your saying now, but its similar .. I complimented the seller, as i believe his price was keep and the fish were nice ...

But i was the first one to do so ... Now if there were 3 or 4 other members that had already of posted a compliment and i did, i would class that a time wasting post ... :P

Topic Unlocked.

Seems a few facts have come to light.

Goldfish, why do you say you are from Sydney when you are not?

and why not admit who you really are, or were...

LMAO !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

nicholas76
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 11:36 PM
*coughs and chokes on his coffee*
told you so , told you so
and do you think he is going to be allowed to post a reply????

I think the invitation is there mate :)

I dont think he is suspended just yet?

AquaticMaster
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 12:16 AM
Hey guys

{ look, i didnt start any trouble with EX AI!
isnt it rude of him to comment back the way he did when i asked him if he is willing to post interstate?
im not going to buy the fish from him, i have hundreds myself. i was asking because i know there are friends who might be interested!
for him to say im **** him around is crap!
even though he didnt say ****, but we all know what he meant when he typed ****.

and also from previous for sale post i put up, whats with him accusing me of copying his post? and whats up with also accusing me of being the account Diamond or thar method22 guy, thats just ****!
why not you ask EX AI what his problem is with me?

im not trying to be rude to anyone, if he cant take it that he feels im rude, it is not my problem.
no one else has a problem with me!}

Why you guys like always putting my name to things when some one is arguing with some one geeZ, you guys say i like playing with people time wasting them FINE then i dont even buy stuff from the net once a week now but NOW still have to put my names to things GET A LIFE

mcloughlin2
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 12:25 AM
method22man/goldfish/Diamond,

Your post didnt make much sense to me mate ...

& also, method22man was not mentioned once in this thread .... :?

So i'd say you just got yourself busted again mate *Slap* :lol:

mcloughlin2
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 12:29 AM
EDIT: Cant seem to edit my pervious post .. I just read through the whole PM that "Goldfish" sent to GP ...

Method22man, i'd say your accused of being different people because you have already been caught before using multiple usernames ... :lol:

AquaticMaster
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 12:40 AM

thinking goldfish is me isint my name mentioned already an also le tme get it straight one of the accounts i opened it ages ago that i dont even remembe ri have it say 8or9 years old the other 2 is just me useing it normally is not lyk im useing one for pissin people off an another one for something Geez

What you mean i got busted ???? I got nothing scared to be busted for so why dont you gusys stop arguing an lock this thread it can go for ages

*Chris*
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 12:44 AM
Danny just shut up and move on

Phlipper
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 12:49 AM
Well, it's a pity this thread didn't stay locked, because I just noticed that one of the alleged time wasting posts complained about was I think one of mine " Yep agreed " I'm sorry you feel " Yep agreed " as wasting time, but in my opinion a " Yep agreed " reply idicates another person {me} was in agreeance with a subject.

The way I see it the more people who indicate an agreeance with a topic the more assured they can be they have recieved the right advice, and often to add more advice on a subject is just repeating the same info.............sorry if being helpfull and friendly annoys you, I'll refrain just to please you ...........have a nice day !!! :x

goldenpigeon
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 01:24 AM
danny, learn to use the quote button, then your posts might make a bit more sense.

AquaticMaster
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 01:27 AM
Doesnt matter because i cbs arguing anymore so enjoy your day members of the forum

taksan
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 01:31 AM
method22man/goldfish/Diamond,

Your post didnt make much sense to me mate ...

& also, method22man was not mentioned once in this thread .... :?

So i'd say you just got yourself busted again mate *Slap* :lol:

ROTFLMAO ! ....... OWNED !!!!!!

goldenpigeon
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 01:33 AM
Doesnt matter because i cbs arguing anymore so enjoy your day members of the forum

your leaving? damn... what a loss to the forum...

my day just got better :D:D:D:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

taksan
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 02:36 AM

your leaving? ****... what a loss to the forum...

my day just got better :D:D:D:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I don't think he had much choice mate !
About to get all his accounts and his Ip block banned ....
ROTFLMAO !!!!!
Bye Bye whoever you are ..... have a nice trip
Bwhahahahahahahahaha !