PDA

View Full Version : WTB Archer Fish in Brisbane

bj
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 08:38 AM
Hi all,

I am after Archer Fish over 8-10cm to go into my native Australian tank. They need to be a decent size because it has a mangrove jack in it that will have a go at any fish smaller than this. I have one around 10cm in there at the moment which is going great but it needs some company :D .
I would prefer the fish be from brissie as I have bought one a while ago that had a verticality problem :lol: . It couldn't stay upright, just kept going belly up. It didn't die. Just needed a lot of TLC.

Cheers

BJ
:D

Ben
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 12:26 PM
Hi BJ and welcome to the forum.

Some of the QLD folk maybe able to help you out.

I recently saw some of the primitive archer fish, they are very nice aswell.

Cheers
Ben

*Chris*
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 12:30 PM
the jack is most likely going to kill or mutalate anything you put in his tank in the future it is probably wise to kepp him by himself
EXAI

Mulisha
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 08:46 PM
To be honest the archer fish are going to be pretty expensice feeder fish LOL

Mangrove Jacks will eat and kill anything if brought up on live food etc but i have seen some more gental ones that have been in with baramundi the bara did have a like bits out of him though..

HTH :lol:

bj
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the replys.

The Jack isn't aggressive yet. He's been bought up on pellets and only gets treated to feeders a couple of times a month. If he does get too aggressive it just means I will need to buy another tank :lol: . He's in a 6x2x2.5 now and it tonnes of space for him and the other fish to hide.

I have seen some primatives at Mappins for about $80. They don't look too bad but I do prefer the commons. So anyone in brissie looking to to get rid of one or two please let me know.

Cheers

BJ :D