Sympathy to the family.

-Matt

Cuong
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 04:38 AM
:o :(

Merrilyn
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 04:42 AM
That's terrible news.

Deepest sympathy to his wife and family.

Steve was a great Australian. A little over the top for some, but still a great Australian who brought a lot of tourism to this country.

You will be sadly missed Steve.

Benny
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 04:48 AM
Tragic way to loose an australian 'icon' if u can call him that.

RIP

mcloughlin2
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:21 AM
Tragic way to loose an australian 'icon' if u can call him that.

RIP

I feel that he was more then a icon ..

What he did for australia was unbelievable ...

:(

Xtreme
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:24 AM
I believe that "Crikey" is approriate right now.

A great man, and he will be remembered well.

nicholas76
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 05:47 AM
an absolute shock and waste.

Im driving up to noosa in teh coming weeks and a part of my plan was to go to his zoo and hopefully meet him.

:cry: :cry:

RIP

Tam
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 06:10 AM
damn sad news, its practically everywhere on the news, forums...

Mulisha
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 06:12 AM
I feel sorry for the family on our radioo station here there oraginzed a minute silence at 8:00am.

By the way nick i live in Noosa :lol: :wink: and MAC is like 30mins drive from me :P

nicholas76
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 06:56 AM
Rick ,

I need fishing spots mate can you help? we do have a boat !! :)

*Chris*
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 07:24 AM
and to think the poor fella is smiling down on us .....
spewing he died via a stingray and not one of his crocs
will be missed by all
you will never see a person so passionate about his work
EXAI

Ben
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 08:40 AM
RIP Steve.

Tam
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 08:46 AM
this just goes to show how much everybody loves this bloke...he's name is practically everywhere on the media - tv,radio,internet forums.

Proteus
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 08:48 AM
RIP Steve

Sympathies to Terri, Bindy & Bob and the rest of the Irwin family.

People loved him or loathed him, but nothing will change the fact that he was true to life and a fantastic ambassador to this country and a shining light for wildlife preservation.

:(

chrissyoscar
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 10:09 AM
:cry: I was a Steve Irwin fan :cry:
To die the way he did in such a freak accident is just tragic but he was doing what he loved so at least that's something :cry:

RIP Steve :cry:

Nathan
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 10:25 AM
he really did great things for australia and i dont think his work will be forgotten, i think (hope) there will be a lot of money donated to his zoo an wildlife conservation programs.

RIP and australia is definitely at a great loss!

goldfish
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 10:30 AM
CRIKEY, when i got out of the tunnel there was talk about him! thats how i found out!
goes to show he must have been a good fella for so many people to acknowlegde him!
really unlucky aswell to get stabbed in the heart, which gave him no chance of surviving!
hope there are alot more people out there as passionate about animals and wildlife as he is!

sammigold
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 11:00 AM
I was devastated when I heard the news!!

He was the sort of guy that you just had to love!
Crazy and thoroughly in love with his country and wildlife. How could you not love this guy?!

My deepest sympathies go out to his wife and children... to go so young is just tragic.. but like everyone says at least he died doing what he loved.

goldenpigeon
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 11:16 AM
i heard the news this afternoon at skool and thought people were just being idiots then got onto the internet on a mates phone and there it was! my heart sunk at that point in time.

i was a very big fan of his, i still have some of his original videos which i always watched over and over again when i was younger. very unfortunant. i too was hoping to trip up to australia zoo soon and hopefully see him.

all the best to his family!

wickedglass
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 12:33 PM
It's a sad day! The world has lost a great entertainer, conservation worldwide has lost a great spokesperson for saving the planet! Our hearts go out to his family ... his spirit will live on through all the people he has reached and all the good work he has done.
Sleep sweetly and dream well, Steve Irwin.

marg
Mon Sep 04, 2006, 11:28 PM
Have to agree with you all, it was terrible news.

We had a real problem telling my 8 year old Grandaughter - she cried for ages - she just totally loved him.

My thoughts are with Terri, Bindi and Bob. He was someone who will be missed in many ways. I watched Denton last night and they were doing a rerun of an Interview Denton did with Steve where he was talking about his love for his wife and family and it was so sad watching it and knowing that he is gone.

Australia has lost a great character.

marg.

Fishpimpin73
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 01:14 AM
Where do I start........

Ironically enough I was getting ready for a trip to our local zoo when I heard the news.

I have been mulling this all over for the past couple days and all I can really is say that I can only DREAM to live the kind of life that he lived.

Here was a man that was allowed to interact and experience the natural world on a level that most of us can only ever dream of.

As an aussie I would say that he was definately a true son of Australia.

As a conservationist and activist for animals the world over I would put him in the same league as Jane Goodal and the like.

He will be sorely missed not just by the people that loved him, but by the animals that he cared for and fought to preserve and support.

I will keep my fingers crossed that his children follow in his footsteps the way that he followed in his fathers.

My deepest thoughts, prayers, and wishes go out to Terry and all of the Irwin family.

G-1000
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 11:07 AM
I must say this is a sad time for everyone who knew the man. Although the general public are no doubt saddened by this event - my thoughts are with his family I cannot imagine how hard this tradgedy must be on them.

G

Robdog
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 12:41 PM
Steve Irwin, what a legend. Second to none and there will never be another like him.

nicholas76
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 09:31 AM

Robdog
Wed Sep 20, 2006, 12:00 PM
If you asked me yesterday when was the last time I had shed a tear, I would've struggled to remember.
If you asked the same question today, I could give an exact time.
As soon as John W started True Blue I will openly admit that I welled up slightly!

Xtreme
Wed Sep 20, 2006, 12:08 PM
If you asked me yesterday when was the last time I had shed a tear, I would've struggled to remember.
If you asked the same question today, I could give an exact time.
As soon as John W started True Blue I will openly admit that I welled up slightly!

Same..

Dont think I cried so hard since I saw my little girl as i gave birth.
Broke me today.
Life is unfair. :cry:

True Blue.

chrissyoscar
Wed Sep 20, 2006, 10:21 PM
Life can be unfair at times and especially hard for little kids to understand.
My 5yr old son keeps saying poor Steve why did he have to die, why!
:cry:

marg
Thu Sep 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
I missed the memorial Service unfortunately however I did see the late news and they did a rerun of Bindi's speech and it made me so sad but it also impressed me how bright that little girl is - her speech was said with such expression and the pride and love she had for her dad was really amazing. I doubt that an Adult could have done it better.

Her dad would have been so proud of her, what a brave little girl - to get up in front of all those people and do what she did. I can just see her Dad looking down watching the whole speech and saying "Crikey", with extreme pride.

One things for sure - Bindi will most certainly keep up her Dads work. She will be a great little Ambassador for Australia - I think she's well on the road to it now.

My heart goes out to her, and also Terri, Bob and Steves' dad.

marg.

Xtreme
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 03:30 AM
Did anyone watch Terri's interview with Ray Martin last night?
OMG, I cried my eyes clean out of tears, the poor darlin, I feel so sorry for her and the kids. :cry:
Infact I feel sorry for anyone who has to go through such a huge loss like a spouse or a child.
All I wanted to do was reach into the tv and hold her until she was ok :cry:
Ray does a good interview doesnt he? I think so.

May the Crocodile Hunter rest in peace, and his family copes, and wildlife conservation booms in the future. :angel

Bec

sammigold
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 04:18 AM
I agree.... that interview was heart breaking.... I am so impressed with the composure that Terri kept.... and I was the same... I just wanted to hug her... to say... its allright, your not alone,... I can only imagine how alone she must feel, not having such a huge bundle of energy, when you have been so used to it.... It would be like a huge empty space filled with sorrow,

I am amazed at the strength that Terri has been able to show, and how she has handled this and still been able to maintain her privacy that she so desperately needs at this time, as well as be so generous to include the people of the world as we all mourn the great man that was Steve.

marg
Thu Sep 28, 2006, 06:22 AM
Couldn't agree with you more Sammi - I just felt so sorry for her. She amazed me how at a time like this she could still think of all us Aussies when her heart is so shattered. She is one lovely lady and with the help of little Bindi will keep Steves' memory alive forever. The love that they had for one another and their family was incredible - there was no bull - what you saw was what they were. I really admired Steve for how he wasn't embarassed to tell the world how much he loved his wife and kids, he was so proud of them all.

Ray Martins Interview was wonderful - he always seems to know how to do a great Interview doesn't he?.

Sad as it was, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole show. I hope they do a replay of it for those who were unable to see it.

marg.