PDA

View Full Version : Discussion on Blood Parrot Fish

goldenpigeon
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 07:46 AM
why are blood parrots so expensive?

goldfish
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 08:07 AM
because of the look and hard to get. and hardly anyone have ever successfully breed it past egg stage

*Chris*
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 08:42 AM
there is a fella in epping victoria who breeds hundreds of them and can never get rid of them
he uses the fry as feeders

Tam
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 08:48 AM
these are hybrids so they cant really be classified under any price really. Some like them and most don't accept them. You just need to search the net for plenty of topics talking about these.

I have seen parrots as cheap as $50 and have personally seen ONE which they were asking $800 in Australia. There are some which commands much more than $800 so upwards of $1k, but these are not available here in Australia and are also expensive to buy overseas if you can find them. So quality does play a big part here. Comes down to what your willing to pay for your eye.

http://www.happybreed.com/index.php <--- this is a clip of something which exist and is expensive overseas.

hope i answered your question

Cheers

Tam

*Chris*
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 10:47 AM
there are two red mannons down here for 150 each at the moment

goldenpigeon
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 10:51 AM
wow ok, fairly expensive fish then. definetly not my cup of tea but im open minded.

goldfish
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 01:24 PM
there is a fella in epping victoria who breeds hundreds of them and can never get rid of them
he uses the fry as feeders

i have seen many shops sell crossbreed and name it as parrot fish when it is more like red devil! :twisted:
red devil will breed like rabbits!

my friends fish has laid thousands of eggs , but the secret to successfully have babies is pretty unknown! :wink:

*Chris*
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 01:40 PM
no both are blood parrots mate
cheers
good luck with the sale beautiful fish
EXAI

goldfish
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 01:50 PM
must be silly to waste ten of thousands of dollars!:)

must be one of the 1st few ppl in australia to get any babies then!
well done to the guy!

*Chris*
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 02:00 PM
its not a waste they breed every two weeks l;ike devils and thousands of fry
why grow them up if no one is going to want them

goldfish
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 02:04 PM
not sure if the market is demanding for them or not, not much going around and nothing much about them.
maybe get your friend or yurself to post a picture up to show that your friend is the few 1st person in aust to breed them! its a guaranteed all fish shop will stock them!
it will sell like chips!

*Chris*
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 02:17 PM
nobody wants them we had them at AI and they sat there for three months
there is about three people in my area including a shop who breeds them
and again nobody wants them
Proteus is prob going to delete this thread so i think ill leave it at that

Tam
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 02:17 PM
there are two red mannons down here for 150 each at the moment

also does it come with a certificate to prove it comes from the happy breed farm? If not i wouldnt even call it a red mammon, its a trademark name from the "happy breeding farm".

i don't mean to sound rude, but you guys are hijacking my FS thread, please do another thread to discuss further if you wish, but not here.
thanks

*Chris*
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 02:19 PM
id assume so
its an asian shop so probably but i cant say for sure

goldfish
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 03:07 PM
if its like $200 for one that has black mark all over it, no one will even bother looking for more than 1 second at the fish again!
doesnt really make sense making it as feeder fish because you dont want to sell cheap!

goldfish
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 03:08 PM
haha 100% genuine in australia i assume!hahaha

*Chris*
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 01:05 AM
mate why question evrything i say my mates female used to be mine
ill get pics the next time im there and im sure as always you will be eating your words

goldfish
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 02:04 AM
its great if you can post pic up, alot of people will be interested in it once there is a picture!
gluck^

Mulisha
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 03:49 AM
LOL @ this thread!

*Chris*
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 05:49 AM
why do i need luck its a proven thing mate

goldfish
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 07:16 AM
haha not wishing you gluck at all, to your friend mate!
if market is flooded you will see the price drop, just like silver aro in sydney and some loaches!
all the best!