PDA

View Full Version : Record catch - Hammer head shark

nicholas76
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 06:28 AM
Thought some of the fishos on this forum might find these pictures interesting.

The monster was caught with a live stingray in Boca Grande Pass on Florida's Gulf coast. Final measurements were 14 feet, 3 inches long, weighing 1,280 pounds

Check out the boat versus the size of the shark.. It took them 3 hours to get back to base. These boats are normaly used for river fishing.

nicholas76
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 06:30 AM
.. :shock:

nicholas76
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 06:31 AM
:shock:

only way to get it back is to tow it !

samir
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 06:32 AM
is that the one with the babies inside it ???

nicholas76
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 06:35 AM
yeah apparently it did have pups in it.

its a shame.

but still what a catch!!!

samir
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 06:38 AM
here's a couple of shocking ones. anybody got a tank for them ???

samir
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 06:40 AM
it must have been scary with that tiny boat.

Ben
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 01:22 PM
RIP sharky..

taksan
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 02:10 PM
Thats a big mother T-bone .....

Proberbly 30 or 40 years old ...... what a useless waste of life.

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 02:31 PM
They had photos. Did they really need to kill it?

Sorry, but what about catch and release?

Benny
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 02:56 PM
what a shame, and indeed a waste of life.

Hope the next one they try catching jumps on the boat and sinks the buggers. They deserve no less.

*Chris*
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 03:18 PM
correct me if im wrong but is that not illegal catching a female shark
that is carrying pups and is that sort of size?????
and yes you can tell if there female as soon as they surface

nicholas76
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 10:20 PM
ive seen these pics cause massive uproar on other forums, but the reality is folks this is what game fishing is all about.

I guess if you dont like it well dont take up game fishing hehe I too would have been happy with a photo or two.

Unfortunatley the only way to set a record is to weigh it! Clearly they thought they had a winner and kept this one.

Either way they still are amazing pics to look at. And to think these buggers and bigger ones out there still cruize the sea.

taksan
Fri Sep 01, 2006, 01:02 AM
correct me if im wrong but is that not illegal catching a female shark
that is carrying pups and is that sort of size?????
and yes you can tell if there female as soon as they surface

Nope its not illegal at all
Unless its a White Pointer,Grey nurse, Whale shark or Basking Shark

T-bones arn't protected ....lovely animals though

taksan
Fri Sep 01, 2006, 01:04 AM
ive seen these pics cause massive uproar on other forums, but the reality is folks this is what game fishing is all about.

As the winner of 2 NSW Interclubs , 2 Lizard Islands, 2 Lexus's and numerous other trophies over the years your right ....thats what game fishing is about.
And thats why I gave it up...... :roll:

Simone
Fri Sep 01, 2006, 03:29 AM
You know there is a problem with fishing when ppl are killing innocent fur seals cos they are eating the fish! That is just unfair, they were here first!!!!! Makes me very upset!

Mulisha
Fri Sep 01, 2006, 04:21 AM
Like the Japs killing whales for research what a joke that is. I bet if you went to the house they live in they would have some frozen whale in the fridge :x :x

Well hopefully they all eat the whale one day and it has aids or something like that and kills them all!!! :lol:

nicholas76
Fri Sep 01, 2006, 06:44 AM
You know there is a problem with fishing when ppl are killing innocent fur seals cos they are eating the fish! That is just unfair, they were here first!!!!! Makes me very upset!

Its not a problem with fishing its a problem with people who are into Commercial Fishing and will do what it takes to make a $

Ben
Fri Sep 01, 2006, 01:23 PM
game fishing is one thing but those 2 %$#$^ing arseholes that killed those 60 odd seals is another!!

I honestly hope that those 2 men who killed those seals get the book thrown at them when they go to court!

I have ZERO tolerance for animal cruelty or disrespect.

Mulisha
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 01:13 AM
game fishing is one thing but those 2 %$#$^ing arseholes that killed those 60 odd seals is another!!

I honestly hope that those 2 men who killed those seals get the book thrown at them when they go to court!

I have ZERO tolerance for animal cruelty or disrespect.

LOL book thrown at them more like throw a chair at them.
I did hear that they are going to get the full force taken out on them. But then again our contry would most likely give then 50hrs community service or some shit like that.
What happened to good old fashion jail that don't have tv's and pool tables etc they should be still a 6'x6' square they live in with no windows.

goldenpigeon
Sat Sep 02, 2006, 06:56 AM
jail is not very practical thoagh. better to have them dounf 100's of hours of community service and taking away benifets than just sticking people in cells. remember to stick them in cells you still have to feed them and cloth them. might as well have them work and be productive.

althoagh good point rick.

Robdog
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 04:34 PM
is that the one with the babies inside it ???

I read something the other day that said the female hammer was donated to a university for research and had 55 pups inside. It was previously thought that hammers were only capable of 35-45 pups at once. 55 hungry baby hammers!!!
I'm glad they don't get that big in Middle Harbour!

Benny
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 04:40 PM
Do we have hammerheads in Middle harbour?!

Last time i ever go swimming @ northbridge baths!

samir
Tue Oct 24, 2006, 05:15 PM
i saw one in Fiji up close, any closer and there would have been a ph crash in the ocean.

ozarowana
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 02:07 AM
Looks a bit fishy to me.

Why would anyone get that close to the head of this shark. I doubt it was completely dead. Any one who has caught a shark know how tough they are!

There are four guys in the first pic and only three in the 3rd.

Where did the guy with the red hat come from? His shirt is a different colour to the arm in the 1st pic.

Robdog
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 08:39 AM
Apparently Middle Harbour is the shark attack capital of the east coast.
And for all those that go swimming at Balmoral baths in their jeans and gold chains, don't be fooled by the netting. I could drive my hilux thru some of the holes in that thing!

Ozarowana, there is obviously 2 boats involved in that shark catch. Unless Jesus was fishing with them and he did a quick water-walk to reel off some photos.

mcloughlin2
Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:20 AM
I'd say there is something suss about this too. If you look closely, in the first picture there is blood in the water on the right of the shark. I think it was probably speared , perhaps even shot! Before it was pulled anywhere near the boat ...

I would also say, if you hooked something that big in a small boat like that, it would tip over ... :?: