PDA

View Full Version : GOLD COAST SHOW

cichlidfan
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 10:14 PM
Hi All
For all those people who live in Brisbane and the Gold Coast area, there is a Discus display with the Gold Coast Aquarium Society Fish Display, some nice fish in the Display.
The Display is at the Gold Coast Show, Gold Coast Showgrounds at Parkwood and is open from 31 Aug - 02 Sep 2006
Regards
Allan

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 02:13 AM
Thankyou for that information Allan. An excellent opportunity to see some high quality fish.

BTW contratulations on taking out first prize in the display. :P

nicholas76
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 05:10 AM
Yeah I did hear there were some quality fish in that display.

goldenpigeon
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 07:12 AM
hmm, being as im going this week end ill check it out. can i find you there Allan? :D

Peter Choo
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hey Allan, wish I can be there.

Peter

brew3
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 12:26 PM
Hey Allan,
How many entries were in the show, I heard the rumour that you may have won the first prize again. Congtatulations old buddy.
How many times have you heard on what Peter Choo said "I wish that I can be there" - Ha!Ha!
Mario

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cichlidfan
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 10:57 PM
David,
I will be there for the pullout of tanks etc on Saturday night, I would like to have been there for at least a day but due to my work committments, I can't attend.

Mario,
As this is only a small show there is 6 tanks of Discus, but the quality of the fish is very good and I believe it has been the only show in the last few years that has had a Discus Class, so I think a well done and thank you to the people that organised this competition is well deserved.

Peter,
Thank you for your well wishes and hopefully soon we will meet up again.

cichlidfan
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 11:02 PM
Merrilyn,
Thank you for your good wishes.

It is just a pity that there are no competitions held on a larger scale in Australia anymore.
Maybe other forum members could provide an opinion or two on maybe organising a show in the near future.

goldenpigeon
Fri Sep 01, 2006, 07:13 AM
well i went to the show for a few hours today and was quite impressed with the small fish section that was put togeather. nice fish Allan ;) you deserve that first place ;)

brew3
Fri Sep 01, 2006, 11:35 PM
Hey Allan,
Where is the picture of the 1st prize winner. :P :P
Mario

:lol: :lol: