PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time a charm?

Mikeyfish7620
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 07:35 AM
We'll 1 week after spawn #2....spawn #3! They layed around 400 eggs this time...seems like a lot...I wouldnt have posted this subject mainly because i dont expect much again (they ate the last 2 spawns after day 2). But theres a difference in this one. The male isnt letting the female get anywhere close to the eggs....hes pushing her away....hes doing his job with fanning the eggs and cleaning them but when the female trys he just pushes her away....what should i do?

samir
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 07:54 AM
dont do anything, its perfectly normal.

Mikeyfish7620
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 02:56 PM
Oh its just the first 2 times the never fought before they just seemed like proud little parents taking their turns.

*Chris*
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 10:51 PM
he has probably thinks she is eating the eggs
just watch he doesnt start belting her up

Mikeyfish7620
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 01:46 AM
Hey Ex-A.I, your avatar looks like my female right now! The strain is white peacock right? I should upload my avatar on here

Mikeyfish7620
Thu Aug 31, 2006, 08:25 PM
I managed to get wigglers! I was a charm! But the only problem....i have 2 wigglers...i saved them from mom and dad before they ate them so i can take a picture. I know they probably wont make it far but i just wanted to say i do have a proven pair now! I also know the problem of my breeding tank and its because the water is hard...i bought some peat granules and im buying some driftwood today to soften the water. (i dont have enough for a RO unit right now...)