PDA

View Full Version : Newb questions.

vx720
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 03:14 AM
Hey, everyone how's it going? I've been keeping fish for the better part of my life. I have had oscars, and african cichlids, and gold fish, and billions of other fish (not billions, but lots lol). I've recently brought my empty 75 to school with me, and I'm wondering what it would take to do some discus. I've set it up, and it's about two weeks into cycling with some tetras in there. Will they work with discus? How much longer should I continue the cycling process? What should I look out for? I am looking at getting three and then starting a small community type deal, with the tetras and some neon tetras I have at home. Do they fit well, and how about plecos? Do they do well in the same environment? Anything I should be looking for in particular?

I know you guys probably get tired of answering these questions, so thanks for even taking the time to look at the thread.

Nathan
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 05:52 AM
tetras are fine with discus, however some think that they arent great in such high temps, i keep them in there an they are fine.

id continue the cycling process for at least 2 more weeks, you need to watch an make sure your ammonia turns into nitrites and then into nitrates then they should all go close to 0 ppm.