PDA

View Full Version : Albino Pearlscale Angels spawning.

Merrilyn
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 09:26 AM
This lovely pair came to me as youngsters from my good friend Phil (Phlipper) a few months ago. Thought I'd share some photos of them spawning. Albinos are very difficult fish to spawn and raise, so I'm thrilled with these. Thanks Phil. They're beautiful fish.

Merrilyn
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 09:28 AM
And thankyou to Matthew (the master's apprentice) for the wonderful photos. You've captured them perfectly :P

Nathan
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 09:29 AM
oh wow thats awesome congrats merrilyn. there beautiful fish kinda looks like there wrapt in tin foil

Matthew
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 09:30 AM
oh cmon, all i did was press a button... :P

-Matt

*Chris*
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 09:33 AM
awesome potos
soon he is going to rival taksan on the photo front :lol:
:lol:

Matthew
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 09:40 AM
awesome potos
soon he is going to rival taksan on the photo front :lol:
:lol:

what do you mean "soon" :roll:
I already do.. :lol:

-Matt

Mulisha
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 09:47 AM
Nice angel's !!

May i ask how you guys get angels to breed? Do you have to have a BB tank or can they be in a planted tank?
Do you do daily w/c?
Water parm for optium breeding conditions etc.

Thanks alot i wouldn't mind trying to breed angel fish looks fun 8-)

Ben
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 09:47 AM
Great work Merrilyn! and great job young Matty!

Keep us posted how they come along.

cheers
Ben

DR.V
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 09:58 AM
Nicee !! They're laying eggs on magnet glass cleaner ?? lol Is that your trick Merrilyn ?

^^

Merrilyn
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Yep they do look like that in real life. These are 'pearlscale' angels, and they have that wonderful sheen to the scales.

Angels are fun to breed, a lot less demanding than discus, and the fry are pretty tough.

As far as water for breeding Rick, hmmm just about whatever comes out of the tap is fine, so long as it's not too hard. Like discus, they prefer soft acid water; plenty of good food and lots of water changes. The major difference is that you take the eggs away once they have spawned, put them in a small tank with an airstone and a few drops of meth blue, and that's about it.

Depending on the temp, 4 or 5 days later you have free swimming fry which can be fed on baby brine shrimp. They look like any other fry for the first few weeks, then they sprout wings, and their dorsal and anal fins begin growing, and they flatten out to look like miniatures of their parents.

Fry are easy to raise on good quality dry food along with bloodworm and brine shrimp.

Regular worming and twice weekly water changes will keep your adults in top condition.

Mulisha
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks Merrilyn for the info i'm thinking of setting up a 2'x18"x18" heavily planted tank with some demanding plants like a mini amazon 8-)

Thanks for the info once again :P

Dan
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 02:34 PM
Hey congrats on the spawn

beautiful angels :)

Lee C
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 04:14 PM
Very Sweet and good luck with the fry! :P

WinnY
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 05:36 AM
Yes, Very Sweet Albino Pearl Scales !!!
Congrats Ladyred. :D

samir
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 06:20 AM
they look absolutely beautiful. :shock:

Matthew
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 07:08 AM
Great work Merrilyn! and great job young Matty!

Keep us posted how they come along.

cheers
Ben

I'de hate to be the "old" matty :lol:

-Matt