PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Water Quality

Benny
Sun Aug 27, 2006, 11:09 AM
Hey guys

Was just wondering who's pairs in sydney are spawning atm?

Maybe an idea of your general locality, ageing methods, RO. etc so that us fellow sydney siders have some idea of what to do right.

I live in the north, have had fish flirting for months, semi visible tubes, my nitrates are less then 5
ammo 0
nitrite 0
pH 6.6
kH 3 degreees (by a sera test kit)

Im stumped, i want them to breed but am left wondering why i dont see any results.

I use water ager ACN with WC's,

50% usually 3 times per week

samir
Sun Aug 27, 2006, 11:24 AM
maybe the're just young ? your fish shouldn't have a problem spawning with Sydney water.
i use whatever water ager i can get my hands on.i dont normally leave my water to age,just let it warm up for a few hours. haven't done any water tests lately. i cannot get them to spawn with cooler water changes. one pair seems to spawn if you lower the level to half and turn the canister on full, lots of splashing bubbles etc(the've spawned twice now immediately when i've lowered the water for a "cooler water change" :?) , the other pair usually spawns on tuesdays regardless of water change :? i change water whenever i can from 50% once a week to twice a week. in my case wc does not seem to make any difference where spawning is concerned. :?

jim from sydney
Sun Aug 27, 2006, 11:33 AM
Hi Benny

this may help a bit

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=68338#68338

do you get your water from Prospect??

i have lots of difficulty in Epping

good luck

Benny
Sun Aug 27, 2006, 11:38 AM
Interested to hear if anyone else is havin probs?

Samir is your place and old or young building?

My house was built in 1928, so im wondering if maybe my water pipes have something to do with it? I definately get my water from warragamba dam, so im just curious whats the deal with our water.

I know of other people whos pairs just arent spawning

samir
Sun Aug 27, 2006, 12:32 PM
plumbing is old and the water's from prospect.

Benny
Sun Aug 27, 2006, 01:24 PM
bugger.....

Must be my female! though ive only really had the nitrates down below 10 for the last week, i think i need to give them more time yet