PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Blend, it's taken a while but...

mistakes r crucial
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 05:10 AM
Hi all,

After nearly 8 months in the making Breeders Blend is now ready for distribution. The trials we have had going with a few LFS have been excellent with all sorts of tropicals and cichlids taking to it straight away and the colour results, as we knew they would be from our own trials, have been outstanding.

A company that has held trials in Sydney has reported feeding Breeders Blend to a few Koi that were a ghost white in colour after being somewhat neglected and within 1 week of feeding they were showing excellent colour and in their words "they look healthier than they have for a long time". Bottom line is, NatuRose works and in all sorts of ways we can't even mention on our packaging!

Unfortunately we are unable to sell the product directly as we have state distributors on board but if you would like to try the product please ask your local store if they would like to stock it, let us know which store it is and we will pass this information on to our distributors in each state.

For those that use Breeders Blend I hope you are pleased with it. We've enjoyed putting it all together and are very happy with the end result. However, like any product range, I'm sure some of you will see room for improvement so if you use the product and can give us some constructive feedback we are all ears. The range will be increased to include a Spirulina flake, Betta and Gold fish foods in the not too distant future.
Cheers
MAC

Dave76
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 06:07 AM
Sounds good MAC - can't wait to get hold of some.

Are you able to post a list of retailers who stock it ?

Cheers

Dave

mistakes r crucial
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 06:42 AM
That's a good question Dave lol, it's so early in the piece I can't. Give me a week or so and I will have some answers for you or at least I hope I will.
MAC

marg
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 09:40 AM
Yay!!!! Can't wait. I will be ringing my local lady in the morning and reminding her - I've already told her about it and she assured me she would get some in.

I have been really looking forward to this product - Australian made - and made by one of our Members to boot!!

C'mon everyone, get onto your LFS and get them interested. I have been following the makings of this Product for quite some time and I reckon it's going to be a winner - a heck of a lot of research has gone into it, so lets give it a go :!: .

Congratulations MAC :D .

marg.

Mulisha
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah we need to all get behind this product as a group is Australian made like Marg said which is good and try and get some Australian food going!!

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Ben
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 02:43 PM
Well done on getting this product up and running Mac!!

keep us all posted when and where we can buy it once its available.

Regards
Ben

FishLover
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 03:56 PM
I guess it is too early to ask about this product in USA?

mistakes r crucial
Sat Aug 26, 2006, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the encouragement guys, it's very much appreciated. Sorry Fishlover, USA sales would be fantastic but I think we might have to walk before we try and run anywhere else. I'll keep you posted as to where it's available but please be patient with us as it will take a while for our distributors to get it out there in any significant way.
Cheers
MAC

Merrilyn
Sat Aug 26, 2006, 06:43 AM
Congratulations Nigel. Looking forward to trying this new food.

I'm sure it will be a big hit with all the members here.

mistakes r crucial
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks, looks like we have the first few shops on board in both Melbourne and Sydney so I will post their details as soon as they are confirmed and have stock on the shelves.
Cheers
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Tue Sep 05, 2006, 03:16 AM
Hi all,

For those in Sydney I have just been told that the first 3 shops to stock Breeders Blend will be:
Waterzoo - Baulkham Hills
Auburn Aquarium - Auburn
Asquith Aquarium - Asquith

Hopefully there will be many more in the coming weeks. I should get a list for melbourne either today or tomorrow. Thanks again for the support.
MAC

pbates
Tue Sep 05, 2006, 08:00 AM
Any word on when it will be available online?

Nathan
Tue Sep 05, 2006, 08:21 AM
or in victoria?

Mulisha
Tue Sep 05, 2006, 08:40 AM
ME WANT SOME !

Any people in QLD sell it yet? 8-)

Being aviable online would be great. 8-)

mistakes r crucial
Tue Sep 05, 2006, 07:59 PM
On line is coming guys, just give us a week or two.
Cheers
MAC

Mulisha
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 08:31 AM
On line is coming guys, just give us a week or two.
Cheers
MAC

It better be i know were u live :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

mistakes r crucial
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 10:21 AM
lol Rick

Nathan
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 11:01 AM
so where can i go to find out details about this product (ingrediants, crude protein % etc)?

Ben
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 12:21 PM
Nathan, lets give Mac and the AFA team some time. It has taken a long time for Mac to get this excellent food off the ground. I am sure within the comming week he will post more details.

I for sure cant wait till its out on the shelves in Melbourne!

Ben

mistakes r crucial
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 08:51 PM
Hi Nathan,

I have attached 3 .jpg files. Two of them are fact sheets on Breeders Blend and NatuRose and the third is one of the labels so you can see the ingredients and percentages of protein etc. If you want to see more about NatuRose please go to www.cyanotech.com, the growers of it in Hawaii.

I really do wish that we could blink and the product would be in 200 stores across the country but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. We are trying our best to get it out there as quickly as possible and I will most certainly keep everyone here posted.

We have more and more people using the product every day and the feedback we are receiving is very encouraging but please bear with us, it's a pretty large task getting it out there. The web site (www.advancedfoods.com.au) won't be up and running for another week or two yet.
MAC

FishLover
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 09:13 PM
Looking nice. Is is possible getting this on e-Bay? I guess the S&H fee from Aus will make it impossible for me.

I know getting to the US market is going to be a major challenge. I for sure want to try it out on my discus.

Currently, I'm feeding my discus with some Omega-One, Tetra and OSI flakes. Would not mind add this as a nice addition or replacing one of the current flake foods.

Best wishes.

mistakes r crucial
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 02:27 AM
Fishlover PM sent.
MAC

Nathan
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 04:43 AM
looks awesome MAC il be definitely gettn some

FishLover
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 02:08 PM
MAC PM sent

mistakes r crucial
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 11:09 PM
Attn: Rick (Mulisha)

Seeing you know where I live Rick I can now stop panicking as Rene St Marine is the first store in Noosa to stock Breeders Blend. If you don't know where that is give me a call. They should be stocked up within the next week.
Cheers
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 01:20 AM
Hi all,

For those that are interested in trying Breeders Blend and live in Melbourne please see the below list of stores that have agreed to stock the product. Stock should be on the shelves by this coming Saturday:-

Subscape Aquarium
310-312 Victoria Street
Richmond VIC
03 9427 0050

TVS Aquatics
Shop1 / 1182 Burwood Hwy
Ferntree Gully VIC
03 9752 3469

Reeflections Aquarium
614 South Road
Moorabbin VIC
03 9532 2766

Aquarium Addicts
5 Cheviot road
Campbellfield VIC
03 9359 0333

Thanks for the support everyone.
MAC

samir
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 06:23 AM
I'll check out the places you mentioned and give it a try.

Mulisha
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 03:01 AM
SWEET AS MAC

I like going to that guy at rene st marine not a bad guy i'll be diffently be geting some asap !!

This food is going to go off everyone wants to buy it LOL 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

mistakes r crucial
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 03:13 AM
Hi DM,

I'm hoping many of the reputable on line stores will stock our product in the near future. Please bear with us, we are going as fast as we can.
MAC

Mulisha
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 03:25 AM
I hope APW will stock it becuase this stuff is ment to top of the line .. :wink:

Can't wait to try and give back some feedback.. 8-)

Merrilyn
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 04:10 AM
Good to hear. I'll be ordering as soon as some of the online stores have it.

FishLover
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 04:13 AM
MAC
If you want to get into USA one line store, Dr Forst&Smith is the reputable on in USA. I buy things from them all the time and never had any problems with them. They are kind of big in USA.

I'm not sure if I should post the link here or not. Don't want to offend anyone. If you want to contact them, do a google search on forst and smith you will find the link.

Proteus
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 04:31 AM
MAC
If you want to get into USA one line store, Dr Forst&Smith is the reputable on in USA. I buy things from them all the time and never had any problems with them. They are kind of big in USA.

I'm not sure if I should post the link here or not. Don't want to offend anyone. If you want to contact them, do a google search on forst and smith you will find the link.

Even though I am down under I have had a lot of contact with the business you mentioned plus Big Als.

Links are fine...

http://www.drsfostersmith.com

http://www.bigalsonline.com

If you can get a product listed with either of those guys... $$$$$$$$

cha-ching

FishLover
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 04:58 AM
Yeah, if MAC can get either of them stock his product, I will buy it for sure.

I have never bought things from Big Als so I can't say anything about it. Dr. Forst and Smith is a very good on line store. As you said, $$$$$$ if you can sell things to them.

I find their products to be top quality and the customer service is super. One time I had something shipped to be and it was damaged due to shpping. All it took was one phone call and they sent the replacement next day, free of charge. Not too many on line store would do that.

I guess MAC needs some time to establish the product in AUS first. After a while, he may want to make a move to USA.

goldenpigeon
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 05:15 AM
i have just tried Breeders Blend flakes on my fish (discus, bn, corys, angels etc etc etc) and my fish took to it STRAIGHT AWAY! they were chomping into the stuff as if they had been eating it for months!

over all i am very pleased with the product. the fish love it, every one of them!

congrates MAC on a very pleasing product!

i cant wait to see the results of Naturose in 2 weeks!

BTW dogs love it too ;)

mistakes r crucial
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 07:36 PM
Rohan,

I'm sat here laughing....cha ching!

All you guys, which includes girls, thank you so much for the support, you are one helluva nice bunch of people!

Fishlover,

Thanks very much for the information, PM's etc, it's really appreciated.

David,

Thanks for the feedback on Breeders Blend, I'm glad your fish are in to it. However, after finding out your dog ate half of it I hope your Mum doesn't come up here and kill me when it develops striations and great coloured finage lol.
MAC

goldenpigeon
Sun Sep 10, 2006, 12:17 AM
hahaha, her tail turned pink today..... :shock:

(does that normally happen you young female staffys?)

her coat might just be a little shinnier? it would be interesting to see the results of Naturose on dogs. i would have to feed a lot more to her to see any change i guess.

Mulisha
Sun Sep 10, 2006, 01:08 AM
I wanna see a pic of this staffy i have 2 lol :lol: 8-)

Merrilyn
Sun Sep 10, 2006, 06:13 AM
More than happy to support an all Australian company Nigel.

Especially when it's such a good product.

Can't wait to get hold of some.

Liverpool_pete
Sun Sep 10, 2006, 07:44 AM
PM Sent

Dave76
Tue Sep 12, 2006, 03:36 AM
Any word on when it's heading west ?

mistakes r crucial
Tue Sep 12, 2006, 07:53 PM
Hi Dave,

We're still looking for a distributor over there Dave. Sorry to keep you waiting.
MAC

*Chris*
Tue Sep 12, 2006, 11:49 PM
dave do yo8u want me to send you some????
its like 18 bucks over here

*Chris*
Tue Sep 12, 2006, 11:52 PM
congrats on the top product to mac
fisha have taken to it well and hopefully the colours start to become more vibrant soon
well done mate should be proud of yourself
:D :D

mistakes r crucial
Tue Sep 12, 2006, 11:57 PM
Hi EX,

Thanks mate and I'm so glad it's being received well, makes it all worth while. I just wish we could get it out there quicker!
Cheers
MAC

Robdog
Tue Sep 19, 2006, 12:09 PM
Hey MAC
I had a look at Waterzoo in Baulkham Hills the other day and they had no idea what I was talking about. Auburn didn't seem to have it on the shelves either.
Any updates on either of these two places????

HAN 'd' Aquariums
Tue Sep 19, 2006, 12:28 PM
Hi Robdog

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is now selling Breeders Blend online.

BANNED COMMERCIAL ENTITY REMOVED

Heidi

mistakes r crucial
Tue Sep 19, 2006, 07:32 PM
Hi Robdog,

There has been a bit of a wait in the Sydney shops but I am assured (kicks backside) it will be rectified this week. However, it is available on line now. My apologies for the wait.
MAC

Nathan
Wed Sep 20, 2006, 04:45 AM
went down to tvs today an had a look at your product, good price however im stack full of food atm but when i run out thatl be my first choice of food.

a big congratulations on the food MAC just from reading all these comments on this one particular forum it sounds like a great product with a lot of interest from a lot people.

so a big congrats an cant wait to give it a try

mistakes r crucial
Wed Sep 20, 2006, 05:00 AM
Thanks Nathan, it's going well but a long way to go yet. Hopefully the 1kg and 5kg products won't be too far away as we are receiving plenty of requests for it. We're also looking at a Spirulina flake laced with NatuRose at the moment which is an exciting prospect. Thanks for the support.
MAC

Ben
Wed Sep 20, 2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks Nathan, it's going well but a long way to go yet. Hopefully the 1kg and 5kg products won't be too far away as we are receiving plenty of requests for it. We're also looking at a Spirulina flake laced with NatuRose at the moment which is an exciting prospect. Thanks for the support.
MAC

That would be fantastic Mac!!

I have the odd little catfish that would love such a food!

Keep us updated when mate!

Cheers
Ben

mistakes r crucial
Wed Sep 20, 2006, 07:31 PM
Sure will Ben.
Cheers
MAC

Dee
Thu Sep 21, 2006, 10:29 AM
MAC

Hi Mac,

The new spirulina/naturose flakes sound great !!! please keep us posted on the progress of that product.

I'm currently trying to track down the Breeder's Blend flake, cant wait to see how it goes with my Red Turq's. Best of luck with the product :)

Cheers,

Dee. :D

mistakes r crucial
Thu Sep 21, 2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks Dee, there are a few places in Melbourne that have it already, its also available on line now.
Cheers
MAC

marg
Thu Sep 21, 2006, 11:16 PM
Mac,

Where online can we find your Product?

marg.

mistakes r crucial
Thu Sep 21, 2006, 11:34 PM
Hi Marg,

APW, one of our sponsors here now stock Breeders Blend, www.aquariumproductswholesale.com.au
Cheers
MAC

Robdog
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 04:00 AM
If only I'd looked for it late last night when I placed my order. Guess it'll have to be on the next order then

marg
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 04:05 AM
Thanks Mac.

Can't wait to try it!!

marg.

Nathan
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 05:02 AM
If only I'd looked for it late last night when I placed my order. Guess it'll have to be on the next order then

email APW asking for them to add it in your order, it shouldnt be a problem unless its already been shipped

Mulisha
Sat Sep 23, 2006, 10:32 AM
Well went down to my LFS shop that is going to stock it and i was speaking with the guy for a bit and then he gave me 30g to sample it and see how i go.. all he wanted is some feedback.. 8-) 8-)

mistakes r crucial
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 02:56 AM
Hi all,

For those living in and around Richmond (Vic) and interested in trying Breeders Blend Subscape now have stock on their shelves.
Cheers
MAC

Merrilyn
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 03:41 AM
then he gave me 30g to sample it and see how i go.. all he wanted is some feedback.. 8-) 8-)

Gosh, you're lucky, I can't seem to get a free sample from anywhere :?

goldenpigeon
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 03:50 AM
u gotta put on the watery eyes Red. i love this food from AFA! keep up the great work AFA!

Ben
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 07:35 AM
I was just reading this months Tropical Fish Hobbist Magazine (TFH) and saw your Logo Mac!

Well done mate!!

Cheers
Ben

mistakes r crucial
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 08:11 PM
Hi Ben,

I think we snuck in under the NatuRose banner but its all good.
Cheers
MAC

FishLover
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 09:07 PM
I better check the mag then. I got mine yesterday and have not finished it yet.

Is this the starting step for you to make a move on US market?

mistakes r crucial
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 11:01 PM
Hi Fishlover,

It was just our logo on a Cyanotech ad' advertising NatuRose.
MAC

*Chris*
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 11:06 PM
MAC when will the sinking variety of breeders blend be coming out
my fish dont seem to touch the floating stuff ( too lazy)
cheers
EXAI

mistakes r crucial
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 06:21 PM
Hi Ex,

I wish I could say tomorrow but I can't. Realistically I'd say 2-3 months away yet mate, sorry.
MAC

Mulisha
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 08:35 PM
EX just lower ur water level so that there is less distance between the fish and the water level :lol: :lol: :wink:

flaggy
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 09:38 PM
EX - won't agitating the water surface a bit with your hands after feeding the flakes cause them to start sinking?

Has everyone seen a noticeable difference in your fish yet after feeding Breeders Blend?

Cheers

goldenpigeon
Wed Sep 27, 2006, 12:01 AM
i have seen a noticable differance flaggy.

my fish have a more intensive colour and better colours when breeding. they go crazy over this food and i have noticed that they will breed a bit more frequently (only a little change here).

i like the product very much!

Ben
Wed Sep 27, 2006, 12:30 AM
EX - won't agitating the water surface a bit with your hands after feeding the flakes cause them to start sinking?

Has everyone seen a noticeable difference in your fish yet after feeding Breeders Blend?

Cheers

The flakes sink very well. Its the floating pellets that dont sink! :lol:

Mac is taking one step at a time there will be many more excellent foods to be made!

The flake food is fantastic! All my fish love it and i have noticed better colouring in less than 7 days! Give it a try i am sure your fish will love it as do mine!

Cheers
Ben

*Chris*
Wed Sep 27, 2006, 03:20 AM
i should get off my butt and gets some flakes
LOL
look forward to the sinking pellets though
thanks MAC
EXAI

FishLover
Wed Sep 27, 2006, 01:24 PM
You Aussies are lucky. Can't wait for this thing come to USA.

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 04, 2006, 01:36 PM
Been feeding my fish the flake and pellets for a week now, and I must say, I'm very impressed.

They took to the flake immediately. Everyone loved it, from the wild caught discus to the tiny angel fry, including the appistos.

It took them a little longer to get used to the floating pellets, maybe because it is rather a firm texture, but now everyone is enjoying it.

What surprised me most of all was my wild caught breeding pairs of betta macrostomas. One pair have only been with me for a few weeks, but they attacked the pellets as soon as they hit the water.

It's probably too soon to see any difference in breeding behaviour or colour, but I have to say, so far I'm very impressed.

And I'm very happy to be supporting an all Australian company. So congratulations to all involved.

Great product folks, and certainly worth a try.