PDA

View Full Version : Position Vacant - Aquarium Industry

Aquariums Australia
Wed Aug 23, 2006, 09:22 AM
Currently Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd are looking for a new team member to fill a position in our retail outlet here in Sydney. (Eastern Suburbs/Airport region).

The applicant must have sound knoweldge and experience in relation to keeping an aquarium, and a strong willingness to learn.

This is a full time position, which involves weekend work. For anyone interested in a career in this industry this is certainly the place to start.

If successful you will be dealing with Coldwater fish, all types of Tropical fish, Marine and Reef aquariums and livestock, Cichlids, Discus and Planted aquariums, and more.

If you are highly motivated and enthusiastic, don't hesitate in sending us your resume and a brief history of your aquarium experience.

info@aquariumsaustralia.com.au

Thank you

bspec
Wed Aug 23, 2006, 01:22 PM
hi i have just p.m you thankyou.

Aquariums Australia
Wed Aug 23, 2006, 10:36 PM
hi i have just p.m you thankyou.

Received & Replied.

Thanks to all who have sent resumes.

For those that have asked, yes there may be part time work available as well.

goldfish
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 04:07 AM
are you a fish shop or online shop?
whats the going rate? salary or per/hr? :)

Proteus
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 05:22 AM
are you a fish shop or online shop?

As per the original post:

Currently Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd are looking for a new team member to fill a position in our retail outlet here in Sydney. (Eastern Suburbs/Airport region).

Last I heard, a retail outlet was a shop...

whats the going rate? salary or per/hr? :)

What are your skills? What experience do you have? etc etc.

Asking what the pay is straight away isnt a good idea as it can send signals that you are not interested in the job or industry, just the money.

I can say with some authority the money is good.

Mulisha
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 05:51 AM
Want to move the shop to the sunshine coast so i can PM you my resume :oops: :oops: :P :P :D 8-) :lol:

Jadels
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 06:02 AM
Proteus, I'm sorry, but did it cross your mind that this guy was just curious about the dollars for a position in a fish shop (which you rarely see) he may have no intention to apply for the job, but just wanted to ask out of curiosity... IMO i dont think it would be fantastic money it would come under the same award for any other retail outlet, so depending on your age is where the $$ amount stands.. And of course this can be negotiated if you have more expertise.

Proteus
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 12:29 PM
Proteus, I'm sorry, but did it cross your mind that this guy was just curious about the dollars for a position in a fish shop (which you rarely see) he may have no intention to apply for the job, but just wanted to ask out of curiosity... IMO i dont think it would be fantastic money it would come under the same award for any other retail outlet, so depending on your age is where the $$ amount stands.. And of course this can be negotiated if you have more expertise.

Let me provide some background into what I said. I have worked in several senior management positions for international companies in the past which involved a lot of hiring and firing, many other people here who have been in similar positions would also confirm that the question asked raises a red flag.

First off, no 2 people will be worth the same to an employer. Applicant A might have minimal knowlegde but be really keen to learn so they might be offered $14 per hr. Applicant B may have vast experience, have worked in the industry previously and be able to pick most of the duties up with minimal training, they might be worth $20 per hour.

It is all relative to the applicants experience, demeaner, personality, etc etc. So when someone just asks how much do you pay, then the question has to be asked right back, what can you offer.

As per the outline from the potential employer, there are a lot of areas that they cover, i.e. Freshwater, Marine, Planted Tanks etc etc, so experience will probably play a large factor in what is offered. Also, salary/wages arent everything, as I am sure there would be staff discounts on products, the ability to try and test new products as they are released, etc etc etc.

The opportunity to ask about remuneration is always provided in an interview, if it isnt already provided by the prospective employer prior to then. The first step anyone intereted should be focusing on, is getting an interview, then it is time to talk turkey.

eatoff182
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 12:41 PM
amen to that.

i'd have to agree with you proteus.

Ben
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 02:34 PM
Well said Proteus!!

I could not agree more!

goldfish
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 09:33 AM
well said!
Gluck to the successful applicant!
Im sure the job will be a good start for that applicant future if he/she wants to be a fish shop CEOB in the future:)

*Chris*
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 09:57 AM
is it just me or are people starting to ark up at moderaters a lot more these days???

goldfish
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 10:05 AM
whats ark?

marg
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 10:07 AM
Congratulations to the successful Applicant - what a dream job!!

marg.

samir
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 10:08 AM
ark
To yell or get angry at someone or about something. Saying "ark up" ia also common when "arking" at someone.
When said is pronounced 'hark'.
See 'hark', but ark is the spelling.
See 'harker' or 'arker'
"I'm gonna hark up about this fly in my soup."
"I went to the bar after work and when I got home my woman was harking."

*Chris*
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 10:10 AM
yeah im illiterate sorry
:lol: :lol:
thanks samir where were you for my english exam????

goldfish
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 10:27 AM
the new worker will never ever get thirsty ever again! :)

Proteus
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 11:41 AM
Keep to the topic please.

oscar
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 11:52 AM
I personally have an interest in the pay rates as well.

I'd love to work in an aquarium shop but think it may struggle to compete with current earnings.

Nonetheless, i would like to purchase an aquaruim shop as a side business to my current occupation at some stage in the future and every bit of information helps.

Disclosing an approximate package might also entice some people who work outside the industry, but won't look into to it under the impression that the packaging may not be competitive.