PDA

View Full Version : they spawned again! and again today?

Nathan
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 08:23 AM
well my BD an SS have spawned again in there community tank again.

except this time instead of spawning on the uv the spawned on the intake grate which was kinda stupid an the male is really interested this time, hes still cleaning the area while the female is laying the eggs then there gettin sucked up into the filter, so they didnt exactly do it that well this time.

oh wel theres always next time.

just one quick question how do you 'encourage' the male to fertilise the eggs?

*Chris*
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 08:35 AM
it comes with time
but putting another male in ther might spur him on
EXAI

Nathan
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 08:41 AM
oh ok, thanx EXAI

samir
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 08:57 AM
just be careful, try a divider if you're putting in another male, if the place is too small the other male might get hammered and you'll have another sick fish on your hands.. give it some time the male should get it right on its own.

Nathan
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 09:46 AM
im not going to be adding anymore fish, not enough room anyway, i was just curious as if there were any special ways to try an get him to hav a move a long.

besides im not interested in breeding this pair, they wouldnt turn out very nice either cz there 2 too different strains.

samir
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 10:00 AM
i think blue diamonds are a recessive gene so you'll end up with snakeskins. ask someone with experience coz i may be wrong. your male has to be healthy and old enough, it should eventually get interested, its still early days.

*Chris*
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 10:01 AM
you would be surprised mate depends on ther bloodlines
had a mate who bred lazer greens with a red marlboro a yr ago they come out looking like turqs
EXAI

Nathan
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 10:32 AM
i dont kno a whole lot about the genetics an recessive genes an things like that, it is interesting though but yeah ive got really limited knowledge on the different genes an thngs like that

Nathan
Wed Aug 23, 2006, 09:18 AM
well they spawned again tonight to my surprise, i guess the female didnt get all her eggs out lastnight, again tonight theres eggs on the filter intake except this time a LOT more.

just a quick question the eggs arent red pinkish there white, she laid them about an hour or 2 hours ago i only noticed them about 10 minutes ago, so what does this mean when she lays whitish very very pale pink eggs?

i think the male is startn to get the idea, hes tryin to do runs up the tube except then kinda losing interest o well. plus the female is pushn him out of the way so she can fan the eggs.

anyway anyone got any thoughts?