PDA

View Full Version : Do you know someone famous?!

Xtreme
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 02:28 PM
I had a good idea tonight, does anyone know someone famous?
Maybe you have photgraphic evidence of such, and would like to post a photo of yourself and that famous someone!
I will get the ball rolling, I was 7 months pregnant when I met this famous person, he came up to me after his show and proceeded to rub my very round belly for luck!!
Needless to say I wasnt quite sure what to do, so I let him! Lol!

*Chris*
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 11:01 PM
well there is that photo of ben with a purple g on :lol: :lol:
ben going to shoot me

Robdog
Mon Aug 21, 2006, 12:17 PM
Your mate Jimmy.
That's gold xtreme

Xtreme
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 01:03 AM
LOL!!!! :wave2 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your mate Jimmy!!

Proteus
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 11:11 AM
I know someone famous....

Wabecca...

lol

:P

Xtreme
Wed Aug 23, 2006, 06:24 AM
yes me wery famous, you want autograph?!!

Xtreme
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 12:11 PM
Cumon people, you must have a photo of a celebrity somewhere on your phones or computers that you have taken!! Show me some!! :lol:

Merrilyn
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 01:19 PM
Well Russell Crowe came into my furniture shop to buy furniture. I got to shake his hand, but didn't get a pic.

Does that count ??

Proteus
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 01:22 PM
and he didnt throw a phone... lol

DR.V
Tue Aug 29, 2006, 01:41 PM
and he didnt throw a phone... lol

haha nice one ^_-

Xtreme
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 12:45 AM
Lol, Ladyred, yes i spose that counts!! :P

An lol, about the phone!!

hootie2s
Wed Aug 30, 2006, 01:15 AM
Amy and I know a couple of kinda famous folks... grew up with and through friends etc.

Graeme "Spike" Cheney: Silver medallist boxing
David Palmer: Squash Guru
Jo Banning: Aust Hockey
Sam Berry: Rock Climber
Ben Reynolds: Penrith Panthers.Wests Tiger player (when not injured :oops: )
All the above I grew up with.

Have met these guys through mutual friends since I moved to the coast.
Adro Sarnelli: Ex Fat dude :D
Scott E Woods: Punk EMO singer

Oh and just recently I found out I know Rebecca's brother and have done for a long time (but he is more infamous :P )

Brett

Might be able to dig up some picks from my oldies house

k0b0i
Fri Sep 01, 2006, 01:57 AM
I'm friends with quite a few famous people... but not from Australia. Does that count cause you (Aussies) don't know they're famous?

(I'm from Indonesia :)

goldenpigeon
Fri Sep 01, 2006, 11:39 AM
my brother know the Living End, so no i dont really know anyone famous but yer my brother knows those guys.

personally i hate the living end and never want to meet them... but thats me. lol

hmm famous people. one of my dads mates was the Australian Jet Ski Champion back a few years ago. cant remember when.

my grand father was the NSW (and australian think) champion speed way rider back in his day.

thats the best i can do.

otherwise the only famous person i know is myself, cause im so famous in my own world ;)

goldfish
Sun Sep 03, 2006, 10:26 AM
i used to see rebecca cartwright (rebecca hewitt) at Eastwood hanging out around all the asians! at that time she was still with her previous bf from Home and Away. I walk past her a few times and said hi and she said hi back. i did take a photo of her on my mobile phone but deleted it after a few months when i realised she sux! :)

i have also met many famous NRL players at the sushi restaurant i worked at! i was the head chef and they asked me for special dishes! :) i did take pics on mobile but deleted it aswell after realising they will be forgotten after they retire!

oh oh, and last saturdays newpaper in melbourne, there was a main poster of a surveyor on the Eastlink Tunnel in melbourne on the middle lift out section, i work next to him everyday on Lane Cove Tunnel and in EastLink aswell on the project!

Robdog
Tue Sep 05, 2006, 01:55 AM
I met Snoop Dogg, Jessica Alba, Rick Flair and Trish Stratus, Kanye West all in the last year. Have no photos to prove it, only security footage from work. I can safely say that Jessica Alba is the hottest woman on the earth and Snoop smokes an ounce a day.
Oh yeah and Kanye is a tool.

Tam
Tue Sep 05, 2006, 03:09 AM
i met Jin took a photo of him with my GF while he was in Sydney's shark bar club.... he's an american chinese rapper if you guys dont know.

Tam

goldfish
Tue Sep 05, 2006, 10:11 AM
I've met Sammi Cheng, Cheng Ekin, Kelly Chan. they are famouse chinese singers and actors if any aussies dont know who they are! AHAHAHAHHA

Matthew
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 02:17 AM
I now this famous guy, he's really cool, goes by the name "taksan" :ug
:lol:

-Matt

Xtreme
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 09:59 AM
Snoop.
Outstanding!

Nathan
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 10:03 AM
howd u meet them rob?

Robdog
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 04:54 PM
They have all stayed at the hotel that I work in over the last few months. Heaps of the WWE guys were there in early August but I was down the snow.
Steve Jacobs from the Today show stays all the time and he is a top bloke. Really hot girlfriend too!

Robdog
Wed Sep 06, 2006, 04:57 PM
AFL footy show Sam Newman came back blind tonight and ran into the front doors of the hotel. Pretty funny but he's a retard anyway

sammigold
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 01:16 AM
Ok, I have met and sort of know Lobby Lloyd from '60's band Lobby Lloyd and the coloured balls... his bass player Gavin Carroll is a very good friend of mine.

Nathan
Thu Sep 07, 2006, 01:51 AM
thats pretty cool rob, id love to meet sam someday, he is a bit of a tosser but none the less a funny bloke IMO

Phlipper
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 07:43 AM
And now for something completely different

Well I've met and worked with a number of celebrities such as Mel Gibson, Angry Anderson, Tracy Grimshaw etc etc etc, but no photos to show fior it except this tiny little star :P

Dont know if any of you have seen or remember the kids adventure film called "Napoleon", about a wayward puppy that got lost, had a lot of adventures along the way and met lots of other animals.
Well in the movie he befriended a Penguin and saved it from being eaten by the sinister feral cat in the movie...........well I was the animal handler coaxing the Penguin to perform on camera hahahahaha :lol: ...and so here is a picture of the Penguin Star taken on one of the film shoots, Penguins name is " Chicky Babe " and that's her stunt double in the background :lol: 8-)

MattB
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 08:43 AM
I have that Napoleon movie!

But have never watched it sorry.. when I do I'll look out for that part :D

Well... I dont know if you guys remeber the judge "Dicko", from Australian Idol. His daughters go to my school, one who is in my year (10). I saw Gary Lineker (English soccer player) in Disneyland but I suppose that doesn't really count. Oh well :P

Robdog
Wed Sep 13, 2006, 03:59 AM
The new Matt Rogers move from god's game back to Thugby League now makes sense. About three weeks ago he was hanging around the hotel for a few days. One of our regular VIP guests is Michael Searle. CEO of the Gold Coast Titans

Robdog
Wed Sep 13, 2006, 04:01 AM
I use the term "VIP" loosely. He's a good bloke tho and his wife is smokin hot!

Xtreme
Wed Sep 13, 2006, 07:54 AM
Lol, was in Bondi today doing a job, went into Westfields for a spot of lunch and proceeded to walk straight into Ricki Stuart! Needless to say his wife was sooo not impressed with me! Lol, Jayda thought it was hilarious though!

nicholas76
Sat Sep 16, 2006, 12:58 PM
how about this one!
just last week!!

I was waiting whilst my girlfriend was at the tanning lounge and out comes Suzie Wilks from one of the tanning booths

hubada hubada hubada :shock: 8-) 8-)

naturally she asked if i wanted to share but I turned her down. :roll:

sammigold
Sun Sep 17, 2006, 12:14 PM
naturally she asked if i wanted to share but I turned her down. :roll:

that sounds like a nice fantasy Nick! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is she as gorgeous in real life as she looks on tele and in the mags?

nicholas76
Sun Sep 17, 2006, 12:25 PM
well the last bit was crap hehehe

mate to be totally honest,, from what i saw ,,, very average!

sammigold
Mon Sep 18, 2006, 01:04 AM
It's funny how they all look Stunning with a bit of make up.... but just normally they look just like the rest of us average girls....
:lol:

Robdog
Tue Sep 19, 2006, 01:48 AM
Not Jessica Alba.
I saw her at all times of the day (including wearing just a towel) and at NO time would I kick her out of bed if she..... you know :fluff

And I'm by no means agreeing that you are average Sammi....

Robdog
Thu Oct 26, 2006, 04:23 AM
Just like to add some top little Aussies in the last few days. Spoke with Swervin Mervyn Hughes on Monday night.
Also Daniel Johns and Ben Gillies from Silverchair. Great blokes even if Daniel is a bit girly. Offered me a "smoke" again last night.

Lisa D
Thu Oct 26, 2006, 02:02 PM
Met too many to list. But I'll try.

Justin Langer
Shane Warne
couple of Dallas Cowboys players
heath ledger
live
bush
everclear
charley pride (big country singer here)
ross perot (politician here in the US that tried to run for president and lost - he's known for his paranoia)
angie harmon (law and order series for a while - now married to richard gere - they have a house and her family live not far from where I work)

thats all at the moment - i'll see if i can remember more

Robdog
Thu Oct 26, 2006, 03:00 PM
I've got some more B-graders from tonight. Richard Wilkins, Gretel Kileen from BB(looks alright for an old shagga) and a former Australian Idol contestant came in for a dirty stop out. Came in looking good and left a few hours later a little roughed up and wearing Ugg boots.
I should call the gossip mags and sell my story!!

Merrilyn
Fri Oct 27, 2006, 02:59 AM
You should be writing a book Rob. Sounds like a great job :P

Robdog
Sat Oct 28, 2006, 02:30 PM
Great no, interesting yes.

Robdog
Tue Nov 07, 2006, 12:48 PM
Got to see Kylie the other day and now have to put up with lowlife photographers all around the place.
Is it ok to say that her haircut looks crap??

Xtreme
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 04:32 AM
No no on Rob it is most certainly not ok to say that her hair cut is crap, the haircut is a result of dealing with the chemo that the poor darling has had to go through. :cry:
You are a bad boy, now go to your room, and don't come out until I say so! :P

Kylie if you are reading this, it's ok I still luv you! :)

Robdog
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 04:57 AM
Hey every other bit of her that I saw was hot. And to be honest she was straight off the plane so maybe she didn't have any product in it.

Xtreme
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 06:23 AM
You are forgiven, but only just :)
You still may not come out of your room though!! :D :D

Robdog
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 06:46 AM
:whip

Merrilyn
Wed Nov 08, 2006, 09:29 AM
Hehehehe I think he's enjoying it too much Bec. :wink:

chris
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 11:58 AM
Ive got Mohammad Alis autograph from the 21st Feb 1974 in the United Arab Emerites, Ive stod Ryan Fitzgerald in Football and new him before big brother. This all sounds pretty lame though... :oops:

samir
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 01:49 PM
Ive got Mohammad Alis autograph from the 21st Feb 1974 in the United Arab Emerites
:shock: i was in diapers around then. :lol: :lol:

Robdog
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 02:16 PM
I wasn't even thought of then

chris
Thu Nov 09, 2006, 10:26 PM
Same here fellas, I wasnt around either, till a couple of years later.
My Uncle got the autograph, he was working in the foyer of a hotel in the United Arab Emerates, Ali came in, and he got him to sign an air mail postage letter, thats dated. looks preety awesome, Ill take a picture and post it.

Xtreme
Fri Nov 10, 2006, 02:45 AM
Rob, you may come out of your room now! :lol: :lol:

Robdog
Fri Nov 10, 2006, 02:59 AM
Finally! I had to chuck a sickie yesterday because I wasn't allowed out. :wink:

Xtreme
Fri Nov 10, 2006, 11:19 AM
Well you just behave your self, or you will be straight back in there, and any fun things will be removed! :D :lol:

Robdog
Mon Nov 13, 2006, 12:21 PM
Hahaha Kanye West reckons he was assaulted by Borat's security at the Opera House today. Thats because he is a tool and a wannabe. Suck eggs mate, you deserve every bit of roughing up you get. :evil:

Xtreme
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 05:49 AM
Paul Mellor (sp?) ex Cronulla Sharks now Souths NRL player is currently in my shop!! :)

Xtreme
Wed Feb 07, 2007, 10:51 AM
Any updates on famous peeps? :)

Robdog
Thu Feb 08, 2007, 11:08 PM
We had Paris Hilton stay with us when she was in sydney. Her little brunette friend was much better looking than Paris too.

Since the begining of Jan we've had heaps of cricketers too. Some good, some English :lol:
Nassar Husein, Michael (call me Athers) Atherton, Michael Holding, Brian Lara(+1 very hot blonde girl every night), Ian Botham, Michael Vaughan, Heals, Tubby and Bill Lawry.
Choc Mundine and his crew of homos shot a film clip here too. Very painfull

Proteus
Thu Feb 08, 2007, 11:17 PM

That idiot needs to be put down.

Anyone who burn our flag does not deserve to be an Australian. no matter what the reason.

I am all for Aboriginal rights and stuff, but he takes things too far, like he is a victim or something... gimmie a break

ellwa
Fri Feb 09, 2007, 01:37 AM

That idiot needs to be put down.

Anyone who burn our flag does not deserve to be an Australian. no matter what the reason.

I am all for Aboriginal rights and stuff, but he takes things too far, like he is a victim or something... gimmie a break
I worked with Tommy Lee, and drank jagermeister with him.

also people like mix master mike, sasha, ferry corsten.

*sigh*

DiscusWidow
Fri Feb 09, 2007, 12:28 PM
I have met a lot of famous people when I was growing up as my father was a band manager and worked for radio stations etc... No photos but here goes...

Jimmy Barnes
Met Culture Club at age 8 and all I could do was cry
Ted Mulry Gang (Dad managed them)
Club Veg (Dad managed them)
Ian Macrae - old 2sm radio announcer
Molly Meldrum
Swanee (barnes brother)

There is probably more... cant remember, my Dad made my life very musical and colourful.

bushie
Fri Feb 09, 2007, 02:33 PM
lucky you girl.

oh, and I`m nearly forty and I think I would cry if I met culture club too.
and run away ............and punch my dad for trying to introduce them ..........and have a shower to wash off any girlie germs ..........and...... and........and.......
you get the Idea!

Robdog
Fri Feb 09, 2007, 10:19 PM
Molly Meldrum is a funny bloke. Skinny with lots of excess skin but a really funny guy

DiscusWidow
Sun Feb 11, 2007, 03:01 AM
oh yeh forgot, I used to work for The Wiggles.

bun
Fri Feb 16, 2007, 02:39 PM
No one really that famous.. probably no one anyone here has heard of

Simplex from Terra Firma
Bliss n Eso
Shook hands with john farnham? :P does that count.

Robdog
Fri Feb 16, 2007, 03:27 PM
Shook hands with john farnham? :P does that count.

That not only counts, it's probably the winner mate! Good ol Whispering Jack. 8-) I stood behind him in a ski lift line in Canada a few years back. And I thought that was cool

I got to see Megan Gale in a bathrobe on Wednesday. :shock: wow!
And I got to give her 11 long stems for the pleasure.
Yes I know, who gives 11 roses??? I counted 4 times and there was only 11. Cheapskates :x

scott bowler
Fri Feb 16, 2007, 10:52 PM
far out rog were do you work you come up with some good ones, envy is the only thing that come to mind when you talk about babes like paris and megan, what about jen meet her to have you haha

Robdog
Sat Feb 17, 2007, 02:13 AM
Haven't seen Jen but I saw her wannabe successor Erin McNaught(sp) Nice but nothing on Ms Hawkins

bun
Sun Feb 18, 2007, 12:33 AM
Oooo ooo oo :P forgot to mention I know "stingray" from neighbours, used to be mates with him at school. And also I stood behind the girl from neighbours with the black hair in the subway line about 6 months ago :lol:

Robdog
Mon Mar 05, 2007, 02:15 AM
You heard it here first! Lleyton and Bec Hewitt are expecting another successfull spawn. Eat your heart out New Idea and Who Weekly!

Xtreme
Tue Mar 06, 2007, 08:08 AM
Master Roberto, can i give you Jayda's autograph book to get all these names in?!
Or will you get slapped and sent to your room for being such a loon at work!!

DiscusWidow
Tue Mar 06, 2007, 09:35 AM
Where do you work Dogs... and do they need a Graphic Artist / Web Designer.

Robdog
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 11:40 PM
This morning I can honestly say I was starstruck. I walked out the door at work and came face to face with the one and only, Guns N Roses frontman, W. Axl Rose. What a legend! Bit of a shorta$$ but you could tell he'd kick the hell out of you.

Saw that pork chop from Pimp my Ride yesterday, Xzibit. He got nothing on Axl!!

Reunite GNR!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Zbiljc
Fri Aug 10, 2007, 05:15 PM
Maybe you only heard for Anže Kopitar, player in NHL. Yes, I know him:P