PDA

View Full Version : Discus in Darwin and transporting Discus

Taz Devil
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 10:58 AM
Hi All :)

Just wondering if anyone is aware of any breeders in the Darwin Area?

Also has anyone had to transport discus through the airport before but not bought through a fish shop?

If so could you please provide some info on how you achieved it.

Cheers

Adam 8-)

stonedavid
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hey Adam, Use to be a couple of people up there a few years back will look through my records and see if i can find their names and addresses. Shipping of fish is quite easy nowadays, Virgin has a shipping rate of $65 for about 12 kgs, you may have to check it prior as everything may have gone up with the fuel etc. I never feed my fish 24 hours prior to shipping as this stops contamination of the bagged water. Also oxygen is best used in the bags before sealing. Standard styrofoam box to ship in.
Hope this helps
Pete

Taz Devil
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 01:37 PM
Pete

Thankyou very much for the info and any further info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Adam :)

mistakes r crucial
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 08:43 PM
Hi Taz,

If you're going to ship via Virgin make sure you use the styrene boxes that are specifically for sea food and live fish. They have new company regulations out and will refuse the shipment if you dont adhere to them. They've become alot more strict of late. You'll find a pdf file on their web site with all the info, it's under the freight section. They're even making us open at least one box per shipment to make sure we have absorbant material in the box for any water spills.
Cheers
MAC