PDA

View Full Version : Color Bits vs Breeders Premium

G-1000
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 02:28 AM
Guys,

Give me your opinions here:

Which one is better and why? Dont say to use a combination of them - just one or the other...

I also want to know - Color Bits can give fish an orangey look to their scales - particularly with discus... Does breeders premium also do this?

G

Proteus
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 02:36 AM
I used to use Breeders Premium but found other foods that provided better results, the fish were more interested in it, as well as being a lot cheaper.

ColorBits I have used for over 5 years, a great addition to a well balanced diet. (especially for my Red based fish).

I think the fact that Breeders Premium is only available from a few places shows that it really didnt take off down here. I am not saying it isnt a good food however.

Ben
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 04:22 AM
Color Bits vs Breeders Premium

This is kind of like comparing apples with pears.

They are both good in their own way and yes i think they work well mixed together when feeding discus.

BP, does not have as good colour enhancing properties as colour bits.
But it would be slightly more nutritional..

Ben

azzakat
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 04:55 AM
Go the colour bits. Readily available and the fish love them
(mine do anyway).

Use what you feel works best

Mulisha
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 05:03 AM
I use Colourbits and my fish like them too 8-)

And there very good value for money 300G for $20.00 8-)

samir
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 05:26 AM
i prefer the sera granules but cant find any difference between most of the products available. maybe i'll give each of the fish a questionaire to fill out :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Chris*
Wed Aug 23, 2006, 10:53 AM
there is also a very cheap product called super red
its an asian product but it seemed to bring out the color a lot quicker than even the tetra bits
better still it was 9.95 for 500grms
and it did not have any hormones in it either

Bad Inferno
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 09:36 AM
I have fed color bits for the last 1 year and now the base of the rear fins in the blue turq's is not clear anymore. I am blaming the colour bit's ?

I liked colour bits as I have a planted tank and the dicus can find them real easy. Breaders premium is very small and hard to eat off the substrate.

I now feed c-bits/ B-Prem and some frozen discus meal....I will monitor the fin colour over the comming months.

Anybody else noticed fin discolouration.

Dee
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 10:08 AM
Guys,

Give me your opinions here:

Which one is better and why? Dont say to use a combination of them - just one or the other...

I also want to know - Color Bits can give fish an orangey look to their scales - particularly with discus... Does breeders premium also do this?

G

G'day G,

You just have to look at the ingredient list on each can to see why BP IMO is better than CB.

I have found that BP doesnt have the colour enhancing abilty of CB's, but have found that BP puts good size on juvi discus. I once fed four of my juvies mainly BP with a bit of FBS here and there and got great growth on them ... didnt use BH at all with these four.

So in summary i would say BP is better quality (ingredients), but CB's are very good for red based fish colour enhancment.

CB= Colour Bit's
PB = Breeders Premium
FBS = Frozen Brine Shrimp
BH = Beef Heart

Cheers,

Dee. :D