PDA

View Full Version : FS: not Discus...... Birds!

goldenpigeon
Sat Aug 19, 2006, 08:48 AM
hey all,
unfortunantly my beloved pair of Indian Ringneck parrots need to find a new home as i can nolonger keep them.

they are both tame, sit on ur hand etc. they are male and female and great personalities.

both are green and in perfect condition, no disease, all feathers and perfect smoth coats.

im only after $100 for the pair.

they are living in an outdoor avairy atm so perfectly accustomed to being outside.

im selling their cage as well which i will post up later when i have dimentions etc but it is very large.

also for FREE with the birds is a few kilos of small parrot seed.

cheers
David

goldenpigeon
Sat Aug 19, 2006, 08:52 AM
im also open to offers i just want them to go to a good home!

Mulisha
Sat Aug 19, 2006, 08:53 AM
HEHE ur certainly having a clean out sale let me know when ur dog maybe a cat is for sale :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

goldenpigeon
Sat Aug 19, 2006, 08:56 AM
well i also have 2 dogs and 3 cats up for grabs.

do we have any horse lovers here because he is going too!

can take the lot for $4000

^ above was a joke but i do have those animals.

samir
Sat Aug 19, 2006, 09:09 AM
ah ringnecks, i used to shoot them with a 22 calibre when i was your age. where i'm from the're vermin :) i'd be tempted to buy them from you if you were in Sydney havent seen or been bitten by one in ages :lol:

goldenpigeon
Sat Aug 19, 2006, 09:32 AM
lol, fair enough Samir. i would love to give them to you provided you dont shoot them cause i swear the female will come back to haunt me if you did! she is a little B**** some days! apprently she thinks im her pet or something but she is a lovely bird hehe.

samir
Sat Aug 19, 2006, 09:41 AM
they can be clowns, we had one in our dorm in school, it picked up a lot of bad language over the years :lol:

goldenpigeon
Sat Aug 19, 2006, 10:07 AM
lol yer. their aviary looks over the window of my sisters bed room and apparently when she is getting chaged they are clinging to the wire and staring at her while wolf whistling! so funny! i told her to get some blinds in her room and to stop soiling their precious eyes!

*Chris*
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 12:50 AM
hey dude they a proven hen and cock????
have they laid before???
and do they sit on there eggs???

goldenpigeon
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 01:06 AM
i havnt given them the chance to breed cause i dont have time to hand-raise the bubs anymore. they have external features which proves their sex (males has a ring around their neck, females dont).

*Chris*
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 01:11 AM
i know that but these days sub-males sometimes dont get there rings till well after 4yrs old
im a bird man buddy
now thats one thing ill argue about untill the cows come home
so they have laid eggs then?

goldenpigeon
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 01:19 AM
argh! you just one of those people arent you Chris, now i have to argue with you just to make sure im right! :lol:

from my experience with humans my studdies have shown that the females get wrather B***** at random, the males dont seem to care about anything. that reflects these birds precisely. my studdies have also shown that humans were derived from an ancient bird species that was around 4ft tall and couldnt fly but had pathetic little wings..... they are male and female ;)

^ that was total BS, i just felt i needed to pump my fingers for 30 seconds ;)

from observing their behavior (i too have loads of experience with birds, they used to be my income) they show the typical signs of being male and female. the male with the visible ring has a sleek taller body and more of a flat longer head (typical in asiatics). the female has no ring, doesnt flare, courts with the male etc etc etc.

male and female.....

no eggs, i dont put a box in for them.

whats birds do you keep Chris?

*Chris*
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 01:23 AM
nyasa love birds fischer lovebirds
had a mitchel , black tail until recently
and double yellow headed amazon
quakers
budgies
plum heads
moustache
just to name a few
iv had the odd cockerteil and ringkneck but you know i dont really know what im doing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yours sincerly
chris :wink: 8-)

goldenpigeon
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 01:27 AM
hahaha nice list. im hoping to get an African Grey in the next couple of years, fantastic birds, very funny and inteligent!

sweet list bud!

shall i chuck the rings in the box with the fish? :lol:

cheersd
David

*Chris*
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 01:31 AM
dude i storgly discourage you from the african grey
unless it is proper blood lines
the caques are nice
benjamin is a bird man as well he is pretty good at everything really
i think you should get a double yellow or
a blue fronted amazon
and ill let you know about the birds got to talk to the chick

goldenpigeon
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 01:34 AM
when i have the money then i guess i think about what i get then, but the amazons dont cost as much as greys so i guess thats a good option too. i know a couple of people up here breeding macaws but i dont really want to pick up dog sized craps off my floor every ten minutes :lol:

*Chris*
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 01:41 AM
any south american parrot is going to test you mate so if your ready to be bitten every couple of days for the first couple of monthsthen go for it if you dont have time to play with them dont get one because the moment you stop payng attention to them they go feral or start testing you again
which means biting screaming
you get the picture
:wink:
EXAI