PDA

View Full Version : THEY SPAWNED

Nathan
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 10:52 AM
well my BD an fineline SS spawned in my community tank, there are at least 200eggs ive never seen such a massive lot of eggs, anyway im not that interested in breeding them, but its still nice to know my tank is healthy an the sexes of both the discus.

im guessing by tomorrow morning the eggs will be gone but who knows!

anyway just wanted to let u guys know

Ben
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 01:11 PM
Well done Nathan!!

there is nothing more exciting than seeing discus spawn!

Keep us posted how they go mate!

cheers
Ben

Merrilyn
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 02:12 PM
Congratulations Nathan.

That's wonderful news :P

Nathan
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 10:00 PM
thanx guys, well to my surprise all the eggs havnt been eaten however i think maybe 20-30 have but this morning the BD (the mum) is keep a good watch on them so those pesky rams dont have a morning snack.

anyway ill keep you posted an thx for the comments!

nicholas76
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 11:12 PM
Awsum nathan

pics mate pics

Nathan
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 12:43 AM
yea ill try an get some however theyve laid them at the back of the tak on the UV sterliser an theres plants there but of course therel be pics mate!!

hopefully the other pair will take a note out these guys book!

Nathan
Fri Aug 18, 2006, 06:00 AM
well msot of the eggs have been eaten, but im really surprised they lasted this long.

*Chris*
Fri Aug 18, 2006, 06:38 AM
probably your best bet mate is put some mesh over the eggs to stop mum and dad munching them by accident
AI

Nathan
Fri Aug 18, 2006, 07:01 AM
it was there first spawn so not to worried by it.

nicholas76
Fri Aug 18, 2006, 07:03 AM
48 hours is the usual hatch time IMO

Nathan
Fri Aug 18, 2006, 07:22 AM
yea a lot of the eggs went white though (probly wearnt fertile) so i think the mum tried cleaning them off an may have gone a bit overboard, im not 100% sure as i didnt see the eggs get eaten, but i think there was a combination of other hungry discus an fish an the parents.

oh well, i was just happy they bred im not all that interested in breeding them because
A, dont have the room
B, dont really want to breed 2 very different strains
C, im concentrating on my breeding pair getting better then hopefully once theyve fully recovered i can look into the breeding side of things again