PDA

View Full Version : fighting discus

joee777
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 05:22 PM
hi i got 4 feet of tank, having 9 red white ..all are 2.5 and 3" in size.i feed them trice in a day....the problem is after eating food..they start to chase each other and fighting each other, its happened daily when i feed them(i feed them beffheart mix as per mention on this site)
there one pair of redwhites in other tank...from some days the water in that tank become cloudy...and the pair is fighting again and again..male discus is leaning forward..moving slowly.....
please help....

FishLover
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 03:11 AM
Cloudy water means more water changes. You did not say your set up of the tank, such as size, filter and water parms such as ph, temp, ammo and other things.

4 footer most likely is less than 50 gallons. Kind of small for 9 discus. Beefhart can mess up water quickly and you need more wc to take care of that.

Mulisha
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 04:13 AM
Hey mate i'm no expert by a long shot but when i had 8 Juvnile discus together they would chase each other around etc and i was told that's becuase there all trying to be the more dominent one nothing to worry about they will settle down with age but keep your eye on them and make sure all ur discus are getting heaps to eat maybe even feed at both ends of the tank so all of them eat and then you won't end up with less grown later on.

Good Luck mate pics are always good to see how they look etc.

Cheers
:wink:

samir
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 04:24 AM
in the cloudy tank you need to do water changes 50% every day till the problem goes away, maybe its a bacteria bloom, and where there is a bacteria bloom there is likely an ammonia spike, hence your discus are sick. by the way has the quality of discus in bombay improved much over the years ? could we see some pictures ?

joee777
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 05:54 AM
hey buddys...thanx for ur advice...samir i start keeping discus from last 9 month..actully i have 19 pairs of oscars..and some pairs of angels..here is some discus of mine....some pics are not much that good...just check out....