PDA

View Full Version : FS:manual pressurised co2 systems UPDATED with pic (CHEAP)

Fish Rock Aquariums
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 12:07 PM
ok guys,

heres the deal! first of all did i say under $300? i meant just over $200 :).

1st package: simple basic manual kit $210

-Aluminium cylinder (0.6L volume) display quality, will look very schmick on disply in an Amano styled tank! 1.0L cylinder add $10

-manual regulator

-bubble counter

-atomizer

-2m tubing, more if needed

plug and play baby!

3 kits now available after raiding the chatswood store! a few options have also been added!

EASTWOOD STORE ONLY! as they may look at you funny asking for the package at Chatswood.

just testing the water more packages will be added depending on interest.

cheers,
Ronnie

Robdog
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 12:51 PM
Consider me tuned

Benny
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 01:45 PM
Hey hey i was in the chatswood store today with my mother.

Really great lookin store mate!!!

And his CO2 gear is really schmick!.

Regards,

PJP
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 02:37 PM
I'd be interested

Peter

shewey
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 10:51 PM
Me too....but need some details on the equip.

Mark

oldgreymonkey
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 11:43 PM
Yep, count me in. I'll be waiting patiently for the specs...

Adrian

Nathan
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 12:45 AM
i maybe interested

Robdog
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 02:06 AM
Hey hey i was in the chatswood store today with my mother.
Really great lookin store mate!!!

I second that. I big improvement on the old store

bluediscus84
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 09:26 AM
i may also be interested in this aswell
look forward to hearing more about it
cheers

Benny
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 11:13 AM
I bought a really nice little glass / sintered glass diffuser today from the chatty store.

Very amano-esque, without the painful price tag :)

Thanks buddy! Its workin well with the DIy CO2. I just need some plants now :P

discusmaster
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 11:49 AM
I bought a really nice little glass / sintered glass diffuser today from the chatty store.

Very amano-esque, without the painful price tag :)

Thanks buddy! Its workin well with the DIy CO2. I just need some plants now :P

I too am interested in these C02 systems but couldnt resist having a laugh at your comment Benny.

Have you ever seen an amano diffuser? I doubt it, as it would be like comparing a Ferrari to a Hyundai, they do the same job, but oh my, one looks really nice (hand crafted starphire glass)

Benny
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 12:47 PM
In a 350L tank, im fine with mine. Not by any means huge. But alot less obtrusive then some plastic units that ive seen, incl the DIY ones.

Im quite satisfied with my purchase, i'd feel like an idiot spending hundreds on an ada product to find something simmilar (heck im no label junkie) for a tenth of the price (or therabouts)

Fish Rock Aquariums
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 02:50 PM
Glad your happy with the purchase Benny (we have plants in store also :). our aim is to make presurised co2 more affordable to any hobbiest who wants to have a go :).

1st package added, more to come!

cheers,
Ron

Nathan
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 03:48 PM
are you able to ship them interstate?

DiscusMad
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 05:53 PM
how long of a walk from the train station to the Eastwood store???

fw05racer
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 10:57 PM
how long of a walk from the train station to the Eastwood store???

Probably about 20-30min.

fw05racer
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 10:59 PM
EASTWOOD STORE ONLY! as they may look at you funny asking for the package at Chatswood.

Hey stop insulting our intelligence, just because we forgot the card machine.... :D :D :lol:

Merrilyn
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 02:41 AM
Okay Ron, ya got me. I've gotta have one of those systems.

Need it shipped to Melbourne.

Can you send me a PM with details. Would need the larger cylinder, and is it possible to get them refilled? If so, where.

Nathan
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 02:44 AM
im with ya LR just wish i had that extra cash, im changing jobs an not startin till next month, how long will these offers be up for?

DR.V
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 03:19 AM
Is larger cylinder available Ron ?

Thanks

Fish Rock Aquariums
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 01:21 PM
LR: i will find out about shipping, im quite sure these arn't allowed on a plane, il do abit of research into shipping the cylinders. can anyone help? or know how its done?

Nathan: i currently only have 3 kits, next shipment should arrive in about 2 months time

Dr.V: larger cylinder available, i have updated with pics above, not as schmick looking as the aluminium though :)

we will be setting up a refilling service in the very near future,details will be released closer to date. As for people in other states you would need to contact a gas supplier and enquire with them.

cheers,
Ron

Proteus
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 10:46 PM
LR: i will find out about shipping, im quite sure these arn't allowed on a plane, il do abit of research into shipping the cylinders. can anyone help? or know how its done?

Nathan: i currently only have 3 kits, next shipment should arrive in about 2 months time

Dr.V: larger cylinder available, i have updated with pics above, not as schmick looking as the aluminium though :)

we will be setting up a refilling service in the very near future,details will be released closer to date. As for people in other states you would need to contact a gas supplier and enquire with them.

cheers,
Ron

All gas cylinders are banned from aircraft travel unless designed for aircraft use (ubber expensive). Also, most courier companies will not accept them for freight (based on of course if you disclose this - just hope there are no pressure issues). They are also a banned item with AusPost for carriage.

Regarding refilling, unless you know someone doing this out of a shop or home, (shhhhhh) the refill device and operator MUST be certified and licensed, and the bottle must be BOC approved and less than 10 years old for steel, 5 years old for aluminium. There are places out there that will do it, just make sure they are well versed in the procdures as it isnt nice seeing a pressure backfire on a 500g-900g bottle when hooked up to a 10kg fill bottle (makes a cool noise though... lol)

(note: most good LFS can steer you in the right direction, or fill your C02 bottles for you. It isnt rocket science, but care must be taken)

Nathan
Mon Aug 14, 2006, 09:00 AM
so theres no chance the cylinder could be courierd down here?

Proteus
Mon Aug 14, 2006, 11:16 AM
so theres no chance the cylinder could be courierd down here?

The guys at Fish Rock would have to call around I guess. I did say most couriers wont, I dont know of any that do, but hey, there might be someone out there.

Nathan
Mon Aug 14, 2006, 11:52 AM
but where are u able to hire cylinders from?

sharkbaitnemo
Mon Aug 14, 2006, 09:40 PM
BOC

Nathan
Tue Aug 15, 2006, 01:31 AM
alright ive found somewhere to get a cylinder, so would u guys sell kits that dont include the cylinder?

Noddy65
Tue Aug 15, 2006, 01:44 AM
Id love a price on just the regulator..

Mike

Benny
Tue Aug 15, 2006, 01:49 AM
Ron told me:
manual regulator $32.00

Nathan
Tue Aug 15, 2006, 01:52 AM
woah thats a good price

kevkoi
Tue Aug 15, 2006, 04:46 AM
Check to make sure the regulator fits the hired BOC cylinder. There are a number of Asian made regulators and most won't fit the Australian standard.

Fish Rock Aquariums
Tue Aug 15, 2006, 05:01 AM
Nathan: yes we can sell kits without the cylinder, and quite frankly it will be even easier. that is instead of me trying to find someone who will freight the cylinders :). basically for the package minus cylinder will be only $54, thats for the basic kit. it can be upgraded also with any of the options that were added.

the price of the manual regulator is $32, thanks Benny.

shipping for the kit (without cylinder) should be under $10 anywhere in aus.

il check the fitting, im pretty sure its a standard size and have used them on BOC cylinders, but will confirm.

cheers,
Ron

Noddy65
Tue Aug 15, 2006, 09:49 AM
If the regulator is really $32 and it fits a BOC cylinder then put me down for one...I live in Perth..

Mike

Nathan
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 07:04 AM
just wondering is the atomiser (the $8 one in the pic) work the same as a diffuser?

Fish Rock Aquariums
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 10:31 AM
Nathan do you mean the atomiser on the left in the first pic? if so the atomiser is basically a very fine airstone.

the diffuser on the right of the first pic is basically plumbed inline using the water flow from a cannister/powerhead to mix the co2 with water.

no need for the atomiser if using the diffuser.

did i answer your question?

just wondering is the atomiser (the $8 one in the pic) work the same as a diffuser?

manual regulator FITS BOC cylinders no problems!

EYEShurt
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 10:49 AM
im interested in a regualtor already have diffusor so put me down for 1 regulator
when are they due to come in

Nathan
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 10:55 AM
eyeshurt i think you mean you want a regulator? not diffusor.

EYEShurt
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 11:15 AM
lol yep i edited the post

and another question how much are boc bottles to hire and fill and how tall is the smallest one just if anyone knows

Fish Rock Aquariums
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 11:20 AM
next shipment is in about 4-8weeks i only have a couple left from this shipment, payment via direct deposit, shipping is $10 anywhere in australia.

also shipping of cylinders doesn't look good, so at the moment only willing to ship co2 accessories, all parts can be sold seperately.

send me a pm to confirm details, first in first served for the current stock!

cheers,
Ron

im interested in a regualtor already have diffusor so put me down for 1 regulator
when are they due to come in

Nathan
Fri Aug 18, 2006, 06:12 AM
just curious would it make a difference if you emptied the co2 cylinder of any co2 therefore there wouldnt be any pressure in it? wouldnt u then be able to ship it?