PDA

View Full Version : Meet Mini Mo

Mattzilla
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 10:51 PM
couldn't resist buying another flowerhorn the other day

His name is Mini Mo

these pictures are pretty crappy and the flash has washed most of the colour out but here they are anway

cheers

matt

80in55
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 11:54 PM
Beautiful fish!! Love the reds and pinks on them!

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 06:51 AM
He's gorgeous Matt. Will they be able to share the same tank later?

Mattzilla
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 03:32 AM
unfortunately i don't think they will. i will give it a try when they are around the same size...but i am not hopefull. they are both pretty aggressive towards eachother. who knows though they may get along fine....i would love them too anyway

thanks for the kind comments

cheers

Davo
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 09:38 AM
Matt,

They have a large flowerhorn for sale at Fishrock aquariums. He is about the same size as the larger one of yours.

Dave.

Mattzilla
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 10:29 AM
the pic above is a really bad one of big Mo....

here are some old pictures of him....

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5268

he is much bigger now and his colour has definately gotten stronger over his whole body

i will try to get some good pictures of both Mo's as soon as i can get my hands on a decent camera

cheers

nicholas76
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 11:05 AM
Love your flower horns mate.

What I did to get my red devils "together' in the one tank is to put in a nice piece pf PVC piping about 30 cm long.

Whenever the female ( smaller one ) felt threatened or was being bullied she would bolt straight in and he was too big to follow.

might be worth giving that a go if you want to give the combined living a go. Cant see why it wouldnt work

I ended up with a billion red fry lmao

taksan
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 11:24 AM
Flowerhorns ..... :roll:

Why not a real Trimac?

nicholas76
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 11:44 AM
both are way aggressive!

info anyone http://www.flower-horn.de/amphilophus_trimaculatum.html

Taks do you have any mate? post some pics :)

taksan
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
Ummm no I don't
I'd love a Trimac pair but my Umbee's are taking up my big agressive Cichlid tanks at the moment.
Trimacs are real ...flowerhorns are not ....and for me there lies the difference.

Mattzilla
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 01:33 PM
flowrhorn cop a lot of flack because they are hybrids.... not sure if they deserve it

but each to their own i guess

Mattzilla
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 01:34 PM
thanks for the tip nicholas, i had heard that before and will definately give it a go

cheers

matt

Ben
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 03:29 PM
Great new fishy Mattzilla!

I love all cichlids, wether they are big or little weee dwarfs.

cheers
Ben

sammigold
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 08:56 AM
I think they are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Chris*
Sun Aug 13, 2006, 02:04 AM
they maybe man made but they breed true which in theory is classified as a species
at the same time trying to find a trimac that has not been crossed with a flowerhorn somewhwere down the line is near impossible
eventually excepting these guys as a true species is going to have to be done
either that or the little asian fish farms who produce these guys (not to mention your prized discus) should be shut down

nicholas76
Sun Aug 13, 2006, 02:51 AM
Matt,

If you juiced them up with soem naturose would that pink go red?

if so wowser do it :)

Mattzilla
Sun Aug 13, 2006, 03:46 AM
i have added astaxanthin to the last bloodworm based mixture i made for them so give it a few weeks to a months and i should see some results. the little guy is not fussy at ll which is great so he aslo it tetra colour bits all day every day

big Mo is a fussy bugger so i have to make a blood worm based mix with all the dried stuff mixed i with it or he won't touch it

i guess that shows another benefit of buying very young fish...they tend to eat whatevere you feed them.

i am still trying to borrow my brother inklasy SLR camera to take some really good pics

will post them when i take them

thanks again guys!