PDA

View Full Version : My 8x2x2

Dave76
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 01:15 AM
Well after ages of sitting empty, do to lack of time setting up my fish container - I've finally got around to resetting up my 8x2x2.

Current occupants are 14 lemon tetras, 9 rosy barbs, bristlnose and three guinea pig juvis I added on Sunday to make sure it was 'discus friendly' before adding some adults. Other occupants to come include more bristlenose, corys and quite a few adult discus :)

Lighting is MH, full Tunze auto CO2, big matrix style sump (thanks for the ideas Proteus) plus internal & external UV.

Ignore the pot on top of the wood - the bugger decided to start floating & needed some extra weight :)

Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

aks
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 01:19 AM
Mesmerizing!!! Work of Art Great job man

WinnY
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 02:51 AM
WOW !!
It's Like a Living Forest.
Very Nice...Thanks for Sharing. :lol:

Cheers

Jadels
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 04:29 AM
I think it depends on the look your going for but for me its to crowded and messy, it needs to be more ordered.. but in a not so ordered way. I know i make no sense. IMO it has good depth and lighting but just looks a bit all over the place. and the piece of wood that floats is too high i think.. hard to tell with the pot tho. I like your plant and wood choice, just re arrange a little.

weird
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 07:04 AM
Whoa baby ! Love the tree stump.

Awesome ...

Discus 41
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 07:20 AM
hey dave you've done a fantastic job on your set up,it looks superb,can't wait for the follow up pics with a school of discus at home in their new aquatic jungle

Ian

Davo
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 10:07 AM
Dave,

I am thinking of getting MH lighting for my 4x2x2. Just a few questions.

What brand/wattage/kelvin is your lighting?

Does the MH lighting throw much light out from the fixture? My tank is about 2-3ft away from our dining table and I am worried about the intense MH light possibly blinding myself and more so my girlfriend (who as yet does not know that I am thinking of upgrading the lighting).

If I get it I will hang it from the ceiling above the open tank.

Thanks,
Dave.

ellwa
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 10:43 AM
I really like it.

I really like the look of wood/plants coming out the top.

Can't wait to see it with some real fish in it!

Proteus
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 12:39 PM
Very natural looking... big thumbs up

Ben
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 12:45 PM
Me likes!!

stunning!!