PDA

View Full Version : You said King

Tunnel Rat
Sun Aug 06, 2006, 08:15 PM
Just got this one two weeks ago only small 6cm.
Ok its not the King of the Aquarium but I cannot afford a Tigrinus :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Snaper/_MG_1377.jpg[/list]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Snaper/_MG_1367.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Snaper/_MG_1409.jpg

C&C welcome

cya
Rat

mcloughlin2
Sun Aug 06, 2006, 09:46 PM
Awesome pictures Rat !!!

Looks a fair bit bigger then 6cm :? ... LOL
]

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 02:51 AM
Rat I love your photos. Just wonderful :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now that truely is a face only a mother could love.

What is it?

Looks fascinating.

:P

taksan
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 03:46 AM
Its a ...b ...bb....bbb.....bbbb.....BIRCHIR !
S...s.....sorry I've got a st...st...stttttutter today

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 03:53 AM
There there dear. Take some deep breaths.

It's just a fish :wink:

Ummm if it has that effect on you, why don't we have some ???

aquartos
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 04:45 AM
Amazing! Awesome photos!!

marg
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 06:25 AM
That has got to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen!!

Gotta agree with you Merrilyn - only a mother could love it :D ,

marg.

Tunnel Rat
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 07:55 AM
Rat I love your photos. Just wonderful :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now that truely is a face only a mother could love.

What is it?

:P

To me he is so good looking :wink:
Yep as Taksan said it is a Bichir Polyteridae Endlicheri my favorite Bichir.
Thanks for all the comments but I was expecting someone to bite about my King of the Aquarium statement lol

cya
Rat

Mulisha
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 08:05 AM
He looks awersome as wow he has some hige eyes what do you feed that guy?

Tunnel Rat
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 08:55 AM
He looks awersome as wow he has some hige eyes what do you feed that guy?

Hi Rick
They are carnivores so eat just about anything that fits in there mouth I feed my guys on prawns ,fish,mussels & Carnivore pellets.
They had a nice size lizard the other day by accident it was in the hose I was using to do a water change with. It pop out and swam to the back of the tank and climbed up on the spray bar by the time I finished the W/C I notice the tail of the lizard sticking out the big guys mouth poor thing.

cya
Rat

Mulisha
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 09:05 AM
That's hell funny he seems like he has nice intense colouring. 8-)

taksan
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all the comments but I was expecting someone to bite about my King of the Aquarium statement lol

What for ? The Tigrinus is clearly the most desirable freshwater fish that exists period.
8-)

goldenpigeon
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 10:52 AM
hahaha taksan has made his position on the topic pretty clear ;)

i have never seen one of these before. if you could get a full body shot that would be good. i dont think it looks that ugly...

Tunnel Rat
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 01:08 PM
What for ? The Tigrinus is clearly the most desirable freshwater fish that exists period.
8-)

What happened to that st...st...stttttutter you had today ?
Yep thought one of the many Discus lovers would of disagreed with it still time I suppose :lol:
The tig is a fish I have dreamed about for years only seeing one in the flesh about a month ago for the first time it was a little bloke so sweet & so $$$$.
My aquatic dream a 8x3x3 tank with 2x leo's or henlei and a nice Tigrinus you got to have a dream keeps you alive :D
But looking at your sig maybe you are living my dream :banghead

hahaha taksan has made his position on the topic pretty clear ;)

i have never seen one of these before. if you could get a full body shot that would be good. i dont think it looks that ugly...

Here is a full body shot not the same fish this one is about 17cm now but in this shot he was about 13cm not a very nice shot.

[/img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Snaper/Endifullbod.jpg

How about this 30cm one still got a bit to grow not mine I wish.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Snaper/gus_24.jpg

thx
Rat

taksan
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 01:20 PM
My aquatic dream a 8x3x3 tank with 2x leo's or henlei and a nice Tigrinus you got to have a dream keeps you alive :D
But looking at your sig maybe you are living my dream :banghead

Nah I'm not living your dream mate ... my tanks are bigger 8-)

Tunnel Rat
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 01:43 PM
Nah I'm not living your dream mate ... my tanks are bigger 8-)

:cry:

Rat

endless
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 08:36 AM
Mate those photos are really quite amazing. Are you a professional photographer?

DR.V
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 09:16 AM
Are those photos taken using digital SLR ?

Tunnel Rat
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 02:07 PM
Mate those photos are really quite amazing. Are you a professional photographer?

No its just a hobby I have been doing for years thx for the complement.
I must say this Aquarium photography is not that easy it's all new to me and I have still got a lot to learn.
I have had some images put to press for one off payments on a few occasions & did weddings on weekends for some time thats as close as I have come to being a pro.

Are those photos taken using digital SLR ?

Yes
The kit I used here was Canon 20D (DSLR)100mm macro lens 580EX flash with ST-E2(flash transmitter)

thx
Rat

Fish Rock Aquariums
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 02:33 PM
suprised no-one has disputed that with a comment about an arowana!

surely you need some sort of top swimming fish in that dream tank :)!

cheers,
Ron

samir
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 04:38 PM
i'd go with the shovel nose

Tunnel Rat
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 09:51 AM
surely you need some sort of top swimming fish in that dream tank :)!

cheers,
Ron

Hi Ron A nice RTG would look nice swimming up the top of the dream tank plus my wife loves them.I could try and catch some more lizards as well lol check pic out below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Snaper/aroeatingliz.jpg

cya
Rat

DR.V
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 09:54 AM
Photo by Hendri Leong eh ??

Im trying to get one of his aro book. Do you know anything about the book Tunnel Rat ?

Thank for the info about the camera.

goldenpigeon
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 10:51 AM
nice pics, now i know it isnt my type of fish but thats good that you love him.

my dream tank is at least a 12FTx5FTx5FT fully planted with a nice arowana taking the top of the water,40 odd zebra plecs, some nice discus, school of around 300 cardinal tetras ( im not even sure if i could do that althoagh im led to believe that the arowanas will keep to the top and leave middle dwellers alone? *taksan wanna shed some light?* and several other favorite fish.

lol

Tunnel Rat
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 10:56 AM
Photo by Hendri Leong eh ??

Im trying to get one of his aro book. Do you know anything about the book Tunnel Rat ?

Thank for the info about the camera.

No mate never seen the book in the flesh.But did you check that web site out www.indodragon.com
He sells his book on there I think it was $50USD + shipping.

hope that helps

cya
Rat

DR.V
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah I know the site.

Im trying to get my brother in Indonesia to get one for me lol

Thanks for the info anyway.

DR.V
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 11:09 AM
my dream tank is at least a 12FTx5FTx5FT fully

At least HUH ???

ROFL ...

^^

Fish Rock Aquariums
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 12:32 PM
Rat: that aint no rtg mate, its a super red have a closer look at the scales, its a young developing fish about 25cm. it has alot of colouring to go but for that colour on such a young fish you can guarentee its going to be a stunner!!

cheers,
Ron

Tunnel Rat
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 03:57 PM
Rat: that aint no rtg mate, its a super red have a closer look at the scales, its a young developing fish about 25cm. it has alot of colouring to go but for that colour on such a young fish you can guarentee its going to be a stunner!!

cheers,
Ron

I did not mean that it is a RTG I was saying I would like a RTG in the dream tank Red way out of my league got to keep the dream tank real. With the pic I was more talking about the poor lizard as I had replied on page one about a lizard that got into my tank & the fish eat it as well.
They called it a red aro on the post with the pic super red properly the same thing the full body shot looked real nice red all over.

cya
Rat

Tunnel Rat
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 04:21 PM
nice pics, now i know it isnt my type of fish but thats good that you love him.

my dream tank is at least a 12FTx5FTx5FT fully planted with a nice arowana taking the top of the water,40 odd zebra plecs, some nice discus, school of around 300 cardinal tetras ( im not even sure if i could do that althoagh im led to believe that the arowanas will keep to the top and leave middle dwellers alone? *taksan wanna shed some light?* and several other favorite fish.

lol

Ok I did not mean dream tank like when I win lotto dream I would of went a lot bigger.
I should of said next tank I should have it by the end of the year but its not 3'hx3'w its 800hx800w 8' long I was more dreaming about the availability of the fish in it.

Yes I do love these guys I have keep a lot of different fish over the years and these are up there with the best i have kept.They are just so prehistoric always kept cats & oddballs only.

cya
Rat

taksan
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 03:30 AM
I don't like RTG's or Super Red's at all. I much prefer the Classic blue or Purple base Golden Crossbacks. That said .... I don't like Arrows much I really only like SA species.

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 06:11 AM
Ohhh those photos are really beautiful. Looks like the next photo competion might be very interesting :wink:

Have to admit he's growing on me. He's really kinda cute, in a funny sort of way.

But then again, some people ( pointing at taksan :lol: ) think my dogs are ugly, just because they're a hairless breed, when I know they're really gorgeous. :roll:

samir
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 06:21 AM
But then again, some people ( pointing at taksan :lol: ) think my dogs are ugly, just because they're a hairless breed, when I know they're really gorgeous. :roll:
are they the Mexican hairless ? or the chinese ? do you use sunscreen on them (with the high UV in Australia) ? as long as they dont look like this :lol:

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 06:42 AM
Samir, mine are chinese crested dogs.

That poor thing in the photo must be about 20 years old.

I have one 14 years old and 2 that are 18 months old.

And they're all gorgeous LOL.

P.S. Photo by taksan.

Fish Rock Aquariums
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 07:14 AM
just for you Taksan :)

please excuse the photography skills!

cheers,
Ron

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 07:44 AM
Ohhhhhh ohhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*looking for a drooling emo, but can't find one*

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DR.V
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 08:10 AM
Look nice and fat Ron LOL

Tunnel Rat
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 10:32 AM
are they the Mexican hairless ? or the chinese ? do you use sunscreen on them (with the high UV in Australia) ? as long as they dont look like this :lol:

Samir
Wow that is the ugliest dog I have ever seen what a horror but I love it I wont one :thumb
I thought I had ugly dogs (French bull dogs) but that takes the cake.

Ladyred we must have the same taste the uglier they are the better looking they are you should see my wife so good looking LOL.

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 11:07 AM
Ohhhh french bull dogs.

Okay now you gotta post a picture of them

I love them.

samir
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 11:52 AM
here's a link to that dog
http://samugliestdog.com/
it died last year at 21 and was crowned the world's ugliest dog three times running :)

Tunnel Rat
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 11:01 AM
Ohhhh french bull dogs.

Okay now you gotta post a picture of them

I love them.

I just realized I have better & more images of my fish then my dogs I will have to fix this soon.
OK my frenchies not very good pics and a bit old :oops:

First Patsy was only about 1yr old in this shot now 2 1/2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Snaper/Patsy.jpg

Old girl Krystal 9yrs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Snaper/Cristel.jpg

Big boy Jed not with as any more but had to add him this is what he did best :lol: He died at 12yrs not that long ago

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Snaper/jed.jpg

thx
Rat

Merrilyn
Sat Aug 26, 2006, 12:55 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww now they really are cute.

Quite a rare breed in Aus, and you've got three of them. Just gorgeous.

Thanks for the pics. :P