PDA

View Full Version : ADA - Aqua Design Amano

Aquariums Australia
Sun Aug 06, 2006, 12:05 AM
Just a heads up that as of today, all ADA products will be available from authorised retailers.

Over the past 3-4 months, every shipment we have received has sold out before the stock has even arrived, from now on that wont be the case due to the amount of stock that is being imported. If you want AquaSoil, you will get it.

We have also already received a large shipment of Aqua Journal magazines in English, editions 33, 34, 35, 36 & 38. These are available as a set or individually through Slippery Little Suckers and Aquarium Products Wholesale (individual copies to be added soon on APW).

We will also have available copies of "The Style of ADA" 2006. Details will be announced about this in the coming days or weeks.

ADA Authorised Dealers:

Aquarium Products Wholesale (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com.au)
Seaview Aquariums (http://www.seaviewaquariums.com.au)
Slippery Little Suckers (http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com)
Xtreme Aquariums (http://www.xtremeaquariums.com.au)

Thank you

APW
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 08:51 AM
FYI: We are in the process of adding a couple more Aqua Journal editions to our inventory. On top of this some of the highly sought after Aquatic Plants Layout Contest publications and the Suikei 3 publication.

Stock is available NOW!

Aqua Journals - 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 - $20.00ea ($25.00ea for limited edition English editions 33, 34, 35, 36, 38)

Suikei Vol.3 - $60.00

The International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2004
The International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2005

More products will be added over the next 48hrs including Riccia Stones, Riccia Line, ADA NA Metal Halide bulbs for Freshwater & Marine, Lily pipes, other ADA glassware.

Suikei is a gorgeous publication on aquaria and nature. Even if one
cannot read Japanese Suikei is filled with so many large glossy pictures it
does not matter. About 100 pages of Suikei is made of high gloss paper with lush tanks and nature photos. The other 30 pages or so is composed of data on the tanks pictured earlier, plant species info, layout guidance, and a travel log of Amano and the crew. There is only one advertisement in this whole magazine and it is for an ADA product on the back cover.

shewey
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 10:02 AM
Oh dear, this is going to hurt the credit card. :shock:

Mark

kevkoi
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 10:18 AM
http://www.my-mac.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=426

Pictures courtesy of Leo from Taiwan of his visit to the ADA headquarters in Niigata Japan.

Now with ADA and especially with the new English book "ADA style" in English, it will be a BREEZE replicating Amano's masterpieces.

ADA Style has step by step picture guides on how Amano san sets up his tanks as well as step by step picture guides on how his tank photography is done. It's almost idiot proof.

ADA's philosophy is to make growing aquatic plants so easy that the aquascaper can spend time learning about scaping the tank and understanding the intricacies of aquascaping such as the golden ratio, rockwork layout, wood layout etc to achieve harmony.

This year's ADA aquascape competition international standard is extremely high. Malaysia's highest entry (world rank 81) is a friend of mine and below is his tank. Australia did not have any entries worth mentioning... :cry:

APW
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 11:16 AM
We are also just about to load "The Style of ADA" catalogue onto the website. (194 pages of product information and glossy photos)

These will be priced at $9.95 plus shipping.

As a special offer, we are offering "The Style of ADA" free to any customer that purchases a minimum of $100 worth of ADA product.

This offer is valid till noon, Wednesday the 16th of August 2006.

(one per customer/household)

DR.V
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 12:17 PM
Oh dear, this is going to hurt the credit card. :shock:

Mark

LOL I was thinking the same !

APW
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 12:53 PM
Aqua Journal volume #130 has just been released in Japan, we have all the past years volumes up to #128 and will have #129 & #130 shortly.

We have also got a large number of the earlier editions, going right back to the 2nd ever volume published.

It should be stressed that the majority of these volumes are in Japanese, with partial English used.

We have several pages of Aqua Journals and other publications listed HERE. (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=136)

DR.V
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 01:11 AM
Any special discounts for forum member if I buy more than 1 ADA book ?

Free shipping maybe ?

Thanks

shewey
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 04:28 AM
Any chance of a subscription service so we get all the new magazines as they are released? Like they do in the USA? You could just have a yearly fee to subscribe to the magazinbe for the whole year. That would be awesome.

Cheers,
Mark

APW
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 11:21 AM
Any special discounts for forum member if I buy more than 1 ADA book ?

Free shipping maybe ?

Thanks

Exactly how many books are you talking about?

APW
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 11:26 AM
Any chance of a subscription service so we get all the new magazines as they are released? Like they do in the USA? You could just have a yearly fee to subscribe to the magazinbe for the whole year. That would be awesome.

Cheers,
Mark

We are in the final stages of organising something similar to what Aquarium Design Group do in the U.S.

Today we have received copies of Volume #129 (July 2006) so once we can be certain of getting copies before there cover date we will make an announcement.

Volume #129 will be listed online very shortly, as well as a price correction for all Aqua Journal editions prior to volume #118 (excluding English editions). With trying to get so many listed last night they have been priced incorrectly, they should be $9.95 instead of $20.00

shewey
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 11:35 AM
Sounds great! I will be a definate if you have a subscription service. Also will be getting a lot of back orders. :-)

Mark.

DR.V
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 11:44 AM
Will email you privately

APW
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 11:46 AM
Over the coming months we hope to build a healthy stockpile of older editions. Given that several pallets on this shipment were only occupied by Aqua Journals (1,000's of them) things need to be spread out... magazines arent light...

DR.V
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 01:11 PM
Just out of curiousity what does the Journal covers ?

News ? New products ? Can we have a screen-shot by anychance ?

Thanks APW.

Proteus
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 11:08 PM
Just out of curiousity what does the Journal covers ?

News ? New products ? Can we have a screen-shot by anychance ?

Thanks APW.

I have a a few copies and will try take some photo's later. The English ditions are jam packed with articles, information, techniques and loads of photos.

The Japanese copies have some English (stats, data etc) however are popular more for the images.

Aqua Journal is the monthly publication of Aqua Design Amano. Featuring stunning photography of all of Takashi Amano's latest aquascapes, it is the only magazine of its kind. Focusing solely on the Nature Aquarium style, Aqua Journal is dedicated to advancing both the art and science of the live planted aquarium. And though the text is mostly Japanese, the awesome visuals alone serve as boundless inspiration. Treat yourself to the excitement of receiving Aqua Journal each month and following the progressive layout styles and perfect aquascapes crafted by the founder of the Nature aquarium movement himself, Takashi Amano.

HTH

Proteus
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 01:14 AM
Images a requested, from volumes 33, 35 & 38

DR.V
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 06:25 AM
Nice, thanks Pro!

Proteus
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 12:25 PM
Having spent several hours today reading through volumes #118 to #129 I just wish I could understand Japanese. Most of the specs etc are in Engrish, and the pics are mind blowing... but I want to read the articles.... so not fair...

Either way, the images are fantastic... inspiration for my next tank.

kevkoi
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 01:49 PM
Well, ADA japan is trying to rectify that problem.... they are working at reviving the english Aquajournal, but it will be still some time.

The one that will blow your mind will definately by the ADA Style book - in ENGLISH. This book will give you a completely new perspective on planting, the way they do it is completely different to how our conventional perception of planting an aquarium is.

This book is dirt cheap and a MUST HAVE!! FULL COLOUR.

DR.V
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 03:42 AM
Hmm I guess after studying japanese for many years, this is where it comes usefull LOL

APW
Sat Aug 12, 2006, 11:12 AM
FYI, All Aqua Design Amano glassware and layout tools have had a price review. Many of these products have now been reduced by up to 30%.

Much of this is based on feedback we have received, as well as the success of the Substrate and ADA Liquids in the local market.

KillieOrCory
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 01:31 AM
Just received my AquaJournals and Style of ADA. All I have to say is :thumb it is just great. Great packaging and product.

Thanks,

Robdog
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 01:58 AM
Just got mine too. Actually found that a few of the pages were stuck together.
I thought that was for us to do!

...and whatever happened to issue #37?

Proteus
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 02:14 AM
Just got mine too. Actually found that a few of the pages were stuck together.
I thought that was for us to do!

...and whatever happened to issue #37?

I would be assuming the stuck pages were on the Nature Aquarium Book 1,2 or 3? If so, due to the high quality ink used, some pages over time do get a little attached. On my copies, no damage is done, just take your time opening the pages up and from then on it should be ok (bear in mind some of these books have been in boxes for years at the publishers, after they came straight off the press)

Issue #37 for some reason was a limited print run, and it just happens to have some of the best articles in it. several pages are dedictaed to Discus, hairgrass, Altum Angels etc etc... A lot of pressure hs been placed on Vectrapoint who print the English editions but to date they have refused to do re-print.

I have a copy here with me, and if time permits I will photograph all 40 pages and load onto the site somewhere (as much as I would like to scan it, I dont want to damage the spine of the magazine)

shewey
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 02:18 AM
I agree, edition 37 is probably the best one. I have not got it here with me but from memory it also has the pictures of the cory tank which is really beautiful. A big school of Sterbai's surrounded by hairgrass etc. Really really nice. I'm glad I picked it up years ago if its gone out of print.

Proteus
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 02:23 AM
I agree, edition 37 is probably the best one. I have not got it here with me but from memory it also has the pictures of the cory tank which is really beautiful. A big school of Sterbai's surrounded by hairgrass etc. Really really nice. I'm glad I picked it up years ago if its gone out of print.

Yes, that pic on page 8 & 9 (cories) is very nice, and very natural looking.

kevkoi
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 03:11 AM
It's precisely because issue 37 was the best that they completely sold out.

There are NO MORE English aquajournals available from the Singapore distributor company that used to print these. We got the last copies and literally cleared up their store rooms.

I would consider these the last limited editions for these journals in english.

Robdog
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 08:26 AM
I would be assuming the stuck pages were on the Nature Aquarium Book 1,2 or 3?

No its was a few pages in the #38 and a few from #34. Haven't opened the other few because I think my girlfriend hid them as soon as she got home. Something about her not getting attention. I don't really know, I didn't hear what she said.

Hopefully getting Book 1&2 as early b'day pressie tonight from my olds.

What girlfriend?

APW
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 08:35 AM
Rob, if by chance there is any damage to the pages, please let us know via email and we will organise replacements for you (so long as it is not drool damage)

:wink: