PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Nova Canister Filter

MattB
Fri Aug 04, 2006, 01:09 PM
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with use of the "Aqua Nova" aquarium products brand. I am looking into possibly buying a 1600l/h canister filter for my new (first) discus tank, to combine with the 900l/h eheim I already own. I am looking to get the best value filter possible, rather than the top of the range, as I am a student with fairly limited funds.

Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated. TIA :)

Proteus
Fri Aug 04, 2006, 01:20 PM
Like a lot of the cheaper end canister filters, you get what you pay for.

AquaPro, AquaNova, ProAqua whatever they are called at a specific time are one filter I will not use again. (I found them noisy, the smell of the plastic seemed to be almost toxic, and the 1500lph model I tried was lucky to push 600-700lph).

They may have improved, but I would not use one again.

At the moment there are many places where you can get a good Eheim Classic canister for less than $150, including all media and required accessories.

MattB
Fri Aug 04, 2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the informative reply Proteus.

I'm going to my LFS (Aquarium World Manly) tomorrow to pick up some supplies for my tank, so I'll have a look at the canister filters they sell there, and for what price.

Sorry to ask, but do you know any specific places that will sell a nice Eheim at that price you mentioned earlier? :P

Thanks again.

Proteus
Fri Aug 04, 2006, 01:40 PM
Several of the Sponsors both online and in store have several different brands of filters that will be worth looking at.