PDA

View Full Version : 1st spawn You Beauty!!

norto
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 07:05 AM
My pair has just spawned for the very first time and now I have a few questions.
1. Do I still do regular water changes and if so how much?
2. Do I still feed them the same amount?
3. How long do they take to hatch?
Thanks.
Regards
Norto. :D :D :D

norto
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 07:24 AM
Here are some photos of our first spawn. :D :D

norto
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 07:25 AM
more photos.

norto
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 07:27 AM
more

IntoTheRainz
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 08:51 AM
just like to say very nice and congrats :)
keep pumping those fotos.

Nathan
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 10:33 AM
they should take around 3days for them to hatch, congrats

Zbiljc
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 06:35 PM
Nice fishes! I wish, that I will have that kind of them at home.

norto
Sat Aug 05, 2006, 09:22 PM
I am know at the wriggler stage they hatched last night. Still waiting to find out about how much water to change and also how much food for the parents.
Norto. :)

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 01:58 AM
Congratulations norto, you're doing fine.

I feed the parents sparingly while they have wrigglers on the cone. Most of them don't seem to eat much, but then again, I don't want them hungry and thinking the only edible food is their eggs LOL.

Feed several times a day, but be prepared to syphon out any uneaten food. We want that water as clean as possible for those precious babies.

I do around 10% water change every day while the parents have wrigglers, and for the first week after they attach to the parents. You don't want to do any big water changes while the babies are so vulnerable, but you don't want the nitrates to build up either.

Once the fry are taking food of their own, then is the time for big water changes, because any uneated baby brine shrimp, or finely ground dry food will quickly foul the water.

Then I do 50% twice a day and always make sure I do the last change just before bedtime, so the fry have clean water overnight.

Good luck.