PDA

View Full Version : Lighting

williamvo
Wed Aug 02, 2006, 08:48 AM
I was just curious, does it matter what time you have your light on and off? For example, I have mine on at 6pm and turns off at 2 am. Is that ok? or does it have to be a certain way?

Nathan
Wed Aug 02, 2006, 08:52 AM
i guess if your fish dont mind then u can have it any way, but most people have it so the lights are on during the day an then off at night.

this gives a better sense for the fish aswel as the plants of when night an day is, i would be having it on during the day to night.

because im guesing the room they are in will still be light during the day so if you think about it they are only getting 4 or 5 hours of drarkness

Phlipper
Wed Aug 02, 2006, 10:13 AM
I'd agree with Nathan, if the room is still light during the day then the poor fish will not get much sleep with the times you have the lights on. I try to have my lights on in a more natural time so as they coincide with normal daytime hours.

williamvo
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 07:12 AM
Is having the lights on from 12pm to 10pm good?

nicholas76
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 08:43 AM
william most breeders usually leave some sort of light on for 24/7 !!

in my case I have a large community tank and that light goes on early morning and dosent get turned off till very late afternoon. I like using the room lights too.