PDA

View Full Version : Betta macrostoma F1 pairs for sale.

Merrilyn
Wed Aug 02, 2006, 07:13 AM
Very rare Betta macrostoma juvenile pairs for sale from the only known wild breeding pair in Australia.

These fish are strong and healthy and eating well.

Juveniles are now nearing 12 months of age, and males are showing good breeding colours.

These fish are for the serious hobbyist, and not for beginners. They have very stringent water requirements. Full instructions will be provided with each pair sold.

Air freight can be arranged at buyer's expense.

$200 per pair. Not negotiable.

Merrilyn
Wed Aug 02, 2006, 08:01 AM
Some photos of the parents -

You can read more about these fish in this thread on our sister site, Bettaforums.com. Lots more photos of the parents and the fry.

http://www.bettaforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6620&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

samir
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 12:12 AM
they look beautiful. are you planning on having any more spawns in the future ? (i.e. when i find the space to squeeze in another tank).

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 03:40 AM
Hi Samir, these are mouthbrooding bettas. The average spawn size is only 10 fry, although they live for around 10 years.

So far this pair have produced 93 fry in the last 12 months, and the male is holding eggs again, so yes, I guess they will continue to produce.

Very little is known about macrostomas as they are such rare fish, and prior to this pair, had been thought very difficult to keep, and almost impossible to breed. This remarkable pair have been the talk of hobbyists world wide.

I've certainly been lucky to have been given such a healthy and prolific pair, who have produced so many strong and healthy offspring. I'd like the fry to remain in Australia and continue to be bred by other interested hobbyists.

wickedglass
Fri Aug 04, 2006, 05:17 PM
beautiful

well done on your ongoing success with these fish, they are truly gorgeous!

marg
Sat Aug 05, 2006, 01:15 AM
Very pretty pair Merrilyn, you certainly have some beautiful Fish in your collection.

marg.