PDA

View Full Version : My Fire Ruby pair

Nathan
Sun Jul 30, 2006, 10:58 AM
hey guys if you had seen my other thread you probly saw my breeding tank, wlel guess what i now have something in it!

well hope u like them, im really happy with them.

sorry the photos arent that great ill definitely get some better ones in the coming weeks its just i really wanted to show you guys, an i havnt really got any good pictures of the male so i didnt bother.

Ben
Sun Jul 30, 2006, 11:07 AM
Stunning discus Nathan!

well done mate!

I love the striations on thier face!

keep us posted when they breed.

cheers
Ben

DR.V
Sun Jul 30, 2006, 11:11 AM
Niceeeeeeeeeeee

Good luck with the breeding.

mcloughlin2
Sun Jul 30, 2006, 11:32 AM
Sahhhhhhhhweeet!!!!!! :P

Nathan
Sun Jul 30, 2006, 11:39 AM
the third pic gives u a better idea of what the colourings are like, yeah the pattern is really quite consistant on the female especially.

anyway ill be postin some more pics later this week if i get time.

Dee
Sun Jul 30, 2006, 01:23 PM
Hi Nathan,

Nice fish mate :D

Where are they from ? Best of luck with future spawns :) are you sure they are Fire Ruby's ?

Cheers,

Dee.

mcloughlin2
Sun Jul 30, 2006, 09:37 PM
Hi Nathan,

Nice fish mate :D

Where are they from ? Best of luck with future spawns :) are you sure they are Fire Ruby's ?

Cheers,

Dee.

I have a feeling they're not fire rubies ...

Heres the link the nic's pair and there is a obvivous difference in colour and pattern .... :?

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5258&highlight=fire+rubies

Discus 41
Mon Jul 31, 2006, 01:56 AM
Fantastic looking pair Nathan keep us posted
P.S how did you come buy this pair,if you don't mind me asking

Ian

Nathan
Mon Jul 31, 2006, 04:24 AM
well i was told they were fire rubies, i bought them from SLS, as they have such a high reputation i was convinced it was the truth. nicks goin to get bak to me with a confirmation on the strain.

yea there is considerable difference between mine an nicks.

all the same im very happy with them

Merrilyn
Mon Jul 31, 2006, 05:20 AM
Nathan, you've got a lovely pair of fish, and there are lots of variations coming from different farms. These may be a strain of fire rubies from a different farm than Nick's fish, and that's why they look a little different.

Love the red eye.

Good choice.

nicholas76
Mon Jul 31, 2006, 05:43 AM
Gday Nathan,

Nice fish mate and I do hope they spawn for you.

Like Red said LFS's, farms, wholesalers etc can name there fish whatever they want to,, I dont believe theres an official registry of sorts.

Although at the end of the day it does create confusion however we buy the fish for what they are and those are nice bud. :D

Fire rubys are typically known for the intense red spotting. The blue background appears more at night whilst the during the day its a brighter shade which can promote an orange undertone. Yours have a wikedly awsum striations from head to tail.

I want to see fry pics so keep the forum posted :D :D

Nathan
Mon Jul 31, 2006, 07:35 AM
thanks for that nick, well i hope they spawn, the male looks like hes up for it but the female isnt quite ready, so hopefuly within the next few weeks we see some prgress.

thanks for the comments everyone i really apretiate it!

Dee
Tue Aug 01, 2006, 06:41 AM
Heya Nathan,

Please don't think I was knocking your fish when I asked if they where Fire Ruby's or not. They are a very nice looking pair and I very much like the striations and markings ... well done :thumb

I only asked if they where Fire Ruby's due to the fact that they look like 14 bar fish (Snake Skin) to me. Fire Ruby's are a 9 bar leopard and not 14 bar snakes, if that makes sense ?

Anyway mate, once you get them breeding, I'm sure you will get a nice variety of 9 and 14 bar fish ... best of luck with them and please keep us updated !

Cheers,

Dee :)

Blybo
Tue Aug 01, 2006, 06:47 AM
Beautiful fish there mate. That's the sort of quality I aspire to once I move and set up some breeding tanks.
Neil

Nathan
Tue Aug 01, 2006, 07:16 AM
no no dee no offense taken, i completely understand. well unfortunately the male had a little bit of a run in with the divider an has scraped his forhead (its a minor injury) so the bars are out an hes got 9.

not sure about the female she hasnt really shown hers yet.

blybo you should check out SLS store or website if you get a chance, thats where i got these guys from, they have such good quality fish!

Dee
Tue Aug 01, 2006, 07:37 AM
Heya Nathan,

In that case I stand corrected ... LOL :oops:

They have a very fine and condensed pattern for a 9 bar fish ... impressive :wink:

Cheers,

Dee :D

Nathan
Tue Aug 01, 2006, 08:19 AM
once u had mentioned it, i did agree, but when i checked i guess we were both wrong.

anyway take care buddy