PDA

View Full Version : my trio

pikeman
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 02:22 PM
heres my three discus

mcloughlin2
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 11:16 PM
Nice discus and a great shot ... ! :wink:

That discus on the right is awesome ... :P ...

But on a sader note , they all look quite skinning. Especially the pigeon blood in the middle ....

So try feeding them abit more food ....

pikeman
Sat Jul 29, 2006, 06:38 AM
thanks
yeah they are a bit thin especially the blue one but hes new so ill fatten him up :D :D :D

Mulisha
Sat Jul 29, 2006, 07:15 AM
Nice discus and a great shot ... ! :wink:

That discus on the right is awesome ... :P ...

But on a sader note , they all look quite skinning. Especially the pigeon blood in the middle ....

So try feeding them abit more food ....

Just out of knowing sake how do you tell if ur fish is nice fat and has good amount of thickness to him so to speak...

Cheers

mcloughlin2
Sat Jul 29, 2006, 11:06 AM
You want them to have a very nice thick face ..

Here is a picture that shows a nice and fat discus pair .. these are adults so of course they will be bigger , but you get the idea ... :) ......

BTW - these are nicholas76 pair .. :P

Merrilyn
Tue Aug 01, 2006, 02:07 PM
Young juvenile fish are always a bit on the lean side. They put most of their energy into growth, rather than getting fat.

Your fish are obviously young (you can tell by the length of the ventral fins) so they are about right for their age.

Nice looking tank - well done :P

nicholas76
Thu Aug 03, 2006, 02:02 PM
You want them to have a very nice thick face ..

Here is a picture that shows a nice and fat discus pair .. these are adults so of course they will be bigger , but you get the idea ... :) ......

BTW - these are nicholas76 pair .. :P

Thanks mate you making me blush :oops: :oops:

Theres only one way to fatten up your babys pikeman,, get that feeding going !.. get your Beef heart happening, variety is the spice of life, tetra bit, live brime, frozen bloodoworm! make them fat little pigs and then watch the growth rate.