PDA

View Full Version : Buying a red lotus!

Mulisha
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 09:25 AM
I'm after a red lotus plant can any give me a rough price how much they cost... thanks. :D

eatoff182
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 09:29 AM
i think i've seen them on ebay before, have a look there

Mulisha
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 09:32 AM
cheers i have a look :D

Nathan
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 09:46 AM
i think you should check our online sponsor apw plant section they have a great plant range

Mulisha
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 09:52 AM
u read my mind i just found it on there for $34.95 :D :D

Is that a normal price for them or they a bit cheaper/dearer?

Thanks guys :wink: :wink:

Rick.

Druz
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 09:52 AM
Ebay niautou62 is the seller.

Last time i paid $8-$12 depending on the size.

Mulisha
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 10:05 AM
were they of any good quailty? i Mean becuause i'll be putting them in my discus tank..

wickedglass
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 10:51 AM
I've bought from the same seller as Druz, and they're excellent quality as well as cheap and fast delivery, too. Everything I have bought from niautou62 is alive and thriving. Never had a problem with him .... d amn, now I sound like an ebay ad ...
If that's your tank in your portrait, then I don't think you'll have any problems either.

Proteus
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 11:59 AM
The Red Lotus that APW sends out is usually between 20cm & 40cm with plenty of stems and large leaves.
Mind you the ebay price is very good...

Mulisha
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 10:38 PM
Well thanks guys to be honest i have never used ebay before so i'll have a look tonight and not to sound like a retard but does he have phone Number or something like that to contact him through because i don't really want to bid rather just pay what he wants as long he doesn't go over the APW price :wink:

Cheers guys for ya help been really great and if anyone does have one on this forum well i swap you a Barclaya Longfolia for a Red Tiger Lotus 8-)

Mulisha
Thu Jul 27, 2006, 08:08 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jadels
Thu Jul 27, 2006, 11:16 AM
I would just send him a message via email and see what he says - might get lucky but look at the other items that he has sold and see how much they sold for because you may be quoted higher if he feels like ripping you off.

Mulisha
Thu Jul 27, 2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah thanks 8-)

pbates
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 03:57 AM
Mulisha,

I seem to be following you on the quest for the elusive red lotus :)

Looks like eBay might be the go...

Mulisha
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 05:36 AM
Yeha i think it's my last option APW are a good price for size or the plant but i rather spend less and get a smaller plant becuase they grow kinda fast once settled in :shock: :shock:

pbates
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 05:44 AM
If the eBay ones look crap I might get 1 plant from APW and try to propagate it over the rest of the tank.

Anyone know how and how fast a lotus propagates.

Mulisha
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 05:50 AM
I have no idea but i think it depends on your tank stats how much light,co2,ferts etc..

These plants are also very heavy root feeders so root tabs or that good gravel would help i'm just adding root tabs. Seachem are ment to be really good 8-)

Also the Seachem Root Tabs are on Special on APW at the moment :shock:

Cheers mate.

Proteus
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 09:33 AM
as per my replies on AGA

I should have a fair few red lotus plants available in the coming weeks.

Once I strip down a small tank, and go through a few holding buckets of plants I should have some firm numbers.

I was going to set up a 5 x 2.5 tank as a fully planted tank, however I have a little problem with my Peppermint colony. They have now had 3 spawns in 4 weeks, and there are hundreds of the little suckers scooting all over the place, so I think all of them will be moved to the new tank to grow out.

Robdog
Sat Jul 29, 2006, 07:13 AM
I could do with a few small Peps Proteus if you wanna off load a couple. They might do well in your 6x2.5 that I'm trying to convince the Minister for Finance that I need!