PDA

View Full Version : Weird behaviour-could they be pairing up?

shayesmommy
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 06:09 AM
So i moved my discus tank yesterday all was a sucess. Well i left the tank the same as i had it before.
Well now my two biggest discus are in a corner together and they are fighting the other discus(only the other discus)away. they are pecking on the bottom. And occasionally rub themselves together. And they are always together now.
Its choas in the tank its constant fighting between them. and they have never acted like this before. I still know they might be to young. But it just seems weird that they are acting like this now. Never before have i seen this sort of thing happen in my tank.

samir
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 06:30 AM
yup paired up they have. :D good luck

RichVic
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 11:26 AM
Good Luck from me too,

Mulisha
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 11:30 AM
got any pics of the fishy's hope they are pairing up for ya good luck mate !!

Rick.

shayesmommy
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 03:37 PM
i hope so to. but i still dont get it.
They were moved the day before and they already picked partners. I thought they would be stressed but they are doing so well.
i use to watch my fish .. and well i left them alone for the whole night and day yesterday except to feed them. well i got tired so i was watching them as i fell asleep and i was like omg. And i called my dad to come look. and he say it looks like it to.(not that he knows what discus look like when they are doing it but they have other breeding fish righT now so he knows the process).
im not even sure how old red is. i was guessing he was almost old enough. but hes pretty much around 4 inches.
the other one im not sure. i was just noticing lately how beautiful the color was. More intense and beautiful then before and any other fish.

shayesmommy
Mon Jul 24, 2006, 03:40 PM
oh and it wasnt a 5 minute viewing process it was more like two hours.

nicholas76
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 05:44 AM
you do realise we now want pictures dont you ! :wink: :D

samir
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 07:04 AM
preferably video, yeah yeah yeah give us video :lol: :lol: :lol:

nicholas76
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 07:22 AM
:D :D

samir hitting the gutter already hey lol

Merrilyn
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 12:47 PM
Well done. Looks like you have a pair in the making :P

shayesmommy
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 03:37 PM
LOL. i can get a video as soon as i can.