PDA

View Full Version : Breeding pair

DR.V
Fri Jul 21, 2006, 01:55 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering where do you get your breeding pairs from ?

LFS ? Forum ? or did you raise them yourself from juvies ?

Thanks

samir
Fri Jul 21, 2006, 02:04 PM
i'm getting a pair from Singapore,whether it will breed or not who knows, i guess its just a toss of the coin buying a "breeding pair". I'd pick forum coz at least with most of you guys i'd know what I was getting. otherwise i'd get about 4 adults.

marg
Sat Jul 22, 2006, 05:26 AM
Dr V,

I bought one Definate Pair off Goldenpigeon together with 5 other Adults, prior to that I purchased some Juvenilles off Crocky and others i had purchased as babies and grew them out.

Marg.

goldenpigeon
Sat Jul 22, 2006, 06:00 AM
how is the pair going marg? gotten anything from them yet?

marg
Sat Jul 22, 2006, 06:14 AM
Not yet G.P. - they have been spawning and munching.

Next time they Spawn I intend to cage the Eggs.

They are a beautiful pair though, and very friendly (or perhaps gutses') every time you enter the room they rush to the front of the tank.

I am pretty cheesed off - every time I go to put some pictures up I have problems with my Camera transferring properly - have a friend who is going to fix it for me when time avails - soon as it is fixed up I will definately post some Photo's.

Marg.

DR.V
Sat Jul 22, 2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the info marg.

Too bad those people arent in Sydney.

Good luck all.

phear
Tue Aug 15, 2006, 01:02 PM
i have found that its usually the female eating eggs or wrigglers as she usually wants to spawn again even when all water paramaters are perfect.. just horney i guess so i use egg crate and divide the pair and leave the male with the eggs or wrigglers and the female cant get to them but once the babies start swimming they usually get there act together and go dark and let them feed from them.

just another thing to try rather than caging eggs (i havnt had any luck with caging eggs)

Jamie