PDA

View Full Version : FOOD

Jadels
Sun Jul 16, 2006, 05:06 AM
Hey Guys

I notice that there are a few sticky's with suggestions of recipes for feeding discus. I dont have any but looking at getting some once i get rid of a few fish i already have. I know discus are finicky to look after, but i was wondering can you just purchase food for them?

Do they eat regular tropical flake?
Do they eat blood worms?
Do they ear special cichlid flake food?

Let me know

Thanks

marg
Sun Jul 16, 2006, 05:44 AM
Jadels,

If you are unable to make up some of the mix yourself all of those Foods will do nicely.

For your information, Ben (Head Chef) is soon going to make up some of his Mix and allow Forum Members to purchase it in Kilo lots - keep an eye out for it, from all the infor I have read Bens' Beefheart Mix is pretty good - I myself have put in an Order for some once he makes it up.

Hope this helps.,

Marg.

TeeFM
Sun Jul 16, 2006, 05:48 AM
I would like to purchase some discus mix too. Where will Ben post the ads? How much will they cost?

Ben
Sun Jul 16, 2006, 06:23 AM
I better pull me finger out and make some!!

As of late i have been very busy but will endevour to make a batch within 2 weeks!

TeeFM, i will put a post in the classified area.

Regards
Ben

TeeFM
Sun Jul 16, 2006, 07:08 AM
Will you post them to QLD?
Please let me know when they are ready.

fish_r
Sun Jul 16, 2006, 11:58 AM
id'e be interested in a cpl of Kg's too if ud'e post too Adelaide. dependent on price and quality ?
also would it be posted as a fresh batch or frozen ?

Mulisha
Sun Jul 16, 2006, 12:08 PM
id'e be interested in a cpl of Kg's too if ud'e post too Adelaide. dependent on price and quality ?
also would it be posted as a fresh batch or frozen ?

Well it would be frozen unless ur going to use a couple of kilos in a few days :shock: :shock: :shock:

fish_r
Mon Jul 17, 2006, 10:57 AM
Well it would be frozen unless ur going to use a couple of kilos in a few days
i asked the question because, with meat"for human consumption" u shouldnt really freeze it then thaw it then re-freeze it, thinking that if frozen it might not arrive to me frozen :roll: