PDA

View Full Version : FS - Large Spotted Leopard - SOLD

Lichan
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 12:28 AM
Large Spotted Leopard male approx 16-17cm not including tail.
Purchased from SLS as part of a threesome (dont ask)

In great health - all fish treated for worms and flukes regularly.

This guy has been bred and has raised fry before. I was hoping to use him for breeding but things didnt turn out the way I planned - do they ever ??

Have had a number of unsuccessfull spawns with this guy and another large female.

$185.00 - SOLD

samir
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 01:37 AM
did you get any wrigglers ?

Lichan
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 02:03 AM
Nope - No wrigglers.

Eggs either went white or where eaten after a couple of days.

But I have been assured he was fathering fry successfully before I got him.

He is a beautiful fish - I was planning to try breeding with him again in a couple of months but another pair have since been successfull after a while of trying so I will keep them as a pair and sell this one. I dont really want to but need to free up some space.

Mattzilla
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 02:21 AM
beautiful fish..... fair price too

G-1000
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 03:40 AM
Its a good sized fish - if someone wanted to breed that with an albino etc then I am sure they would pay it.

Albino fish that get up to that size can be worth in the thousands themselves (depending on shape)

G

samir
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 03:47 AM
what approx percentage of albino would you get G ? i'd be very tempted if you were Sydney side :)

mcloughlin2
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 04:39 AM
what approx percentage of albino would you get G ? i'd be very tempted if you were Sydney side :)

Samir from what ive read in G previous posts regarding the albino gene - in the first generation theyre will be no albinos, only fish carrying the albino gene....you would need to then breed the offspring back to the albino parent to get a true albino.... :D

HTH

Lichan
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 05:26 AM
You do get extras !!..... some nice clean water & a large plastic bag.

lesley
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 05:28 AM
If I was in Brisbane I would be knocking at your door!

I'd like to see a fish like that for anything less than you are asking, they must really be cheap in Sydney!

samir
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 05:49 AM
they are not cheap in Sydney. in a LFS a fish like that, i'm guessing, around the 250 mark ?

mistakes r crucial
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 05:55 AM
I sometimes don't understand how people work these things out in their head. That fish is as cheap as if that's what you're after to mate with a suitable female. The first batch of fry will bring 10 to 20 times that. Beautiful looking specimen Lichan.
MAC

goldenpigeon
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 06:23 AM
Diamond im not having a shot at you but i think its quite snobby to say that this fish should come with extras. i htink your putting words in peoples mouth when you say you dont think anyone here would pay a crappy $185 for that fish... you dont have access to my bank acount do you? or Bob and Bills from down the road. its a bit rich to be assuming such crap.

(i ment that very lightly mate, i understand where your comming from but just had to have my 2 cents ;) )

in my oppinion its more than a bargain.... even if it were solely for display. a fish that big, fully coloured with great shape would life the over all appeal of an aquarium heaps!

cheers
David

samir
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 07:38 AM
Lichan, the more i look at your fish, the more i like it.

Lichan
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 07:46 AM
Hey Samir,

He really is a lovely fish. He is a gentle giant to. Never seen him be aggressive to any other fish. He is currently the largest in a community tank and keeps an eye on everyone else.

I regret having to sell him but u gotta do what u gotta do.

He has lovely colouring and eats most anything these days.

tao
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 07:50 AM
if this fish fertilized eggs before, this price is very good. I got a male Red Ruby from SLS is 270, much more turquoise blood than this guy.

samir
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 08:59 AM
how old is it ??? maybe you should hang on to it.

Lichan
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 09:23 AM
Can't be certain but according to SLS it is around 18 months - 2 years. But I couldnt be certain. If I had a more room and more tanks I would love to keep him ....unfortunately thats not the case.

Proteus
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 10:02 AM
This fish is approx 18 months old, and for $185 it is a bargain. In a shop it would normally be at least $300.

I am also pretty certain this fish has raised fry by the original breeder prior to selling.

Diamond
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 12:32 PM
if i live in brisbane i would get it for sure!

Proteus
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 12:33 PM
if i live in brisbane i would get it for sure!

Looks like the weather changed

Diamond
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 12:38 PM
yeah the weather too cold in sydney, i might move up there when i go build the tunnel

wind54
Sat Jul 15, 2006, 09:11 PM
Good looking fish mate! Do you have an email address that i can contact you on?
regards

elvip
Sun Jul 16, 2006, 12:23 AM
Lichan,
Have sent you a pm.
Thanks
Elvip :D