PDA

View Full Version : They panic and die

chico_andrade
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 01:18 PM
Hi all,

Some discus of mine have been acomited by an unknow disease (at least unknow for me). They seem to be ok, no darkening, no frayed fins, no opaque eyes, no injuries, they eat well but sudenly they seem to panic and dart in aquarium beating the walls. In few days they die. The only thing I´ve noted is the presence of many worm like animals in the glasses of the aquarium, they´re about 2mm long and 0,2mm wide.
Any help will be much apreciated, don´t wanna loose any more fish.
Thanks,
chico

rmr_59
Thu Jul 20, 2006, 12:58 PM
Sorry I can't help you, but I am going through the same thing with my new batch. The discus look fine, water has correct parameters. Would love to hear from anyone who has figured this out. I have lost 2 out of the 6 new ones I got in the past month. The remaining 4 seems unaffected. All 6 went through a routine de-worming process when I got them (prazi, metro) and are quarantined from my older stock. They are eating well and look healthy, but are a bit skittish.

zipztar
Thu Jul 20, 2006, 01:47 PM
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7412

check that out

rmr_59
Thu Jul 20, 2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the info, but I do not have a planaria problem, only the same symptoms as the OP. Hopefully, this will help him out with his flatworm problem.

Bronx19
Fri Jul 21, 2006, 02:54 AM
How old are they rmr?

rmr_59
Fri Jul 21, 2006, 03:07 AM
This set is approximately 4 months old.