PDA

View Full Version : Oh yes!! Ohhh Noooo.

mistakes r crucial
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 02:42 AM
Have you ever had that totally elated feeling that only lasts a few seconds before you feel like a total prat?

He decides to pick out a mate for his female Albino so off down to the fishroom he goes, scotch and dry in hand with every intention of finding the best Gold Leopard male in the place. That's a male, maybe not, that's a male, crap I don't know, this is hard work, better get another scotch! Three scotches later, hic, I was convinced I'd found my fish, moved him the next morning and two days later, voila, eggs everywhere. Excitement plus, for 10 seconds. Mmmm that male has got a really thick tube, why is he going up the cone before the female?? Two bloody females!

The worst thing is I'm now going to have to spend the next week down the fishroom with my mate Jonnie Walker picking out males. Terrible aint it.
MAC

Ben
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 03:24 AM
LOL!!

well done Mac! on drinking the scotch and dry!!
heheheheh.

imm more of a beer man!

Those 2 discus are stunning!!
i love the spots on the golden leopard! and it will be great pairing up the albino girl to a male!

keep us posted,

Ben

Ben
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 03:24 AM
Oh, i forgot!!

Cheers!

mistakes r crucial
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 03:48 AM
Cheers to you too mate! The things we do lol!
MAC

goldenpigeon
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 04:52 AM
hahaha damn!

hit me up with a scotch and ill find your male for you ;)

good luck mate! nice fish BTW!! big fan!

Dee
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 05:36 AM
Heya MAC,

Great looking fish mate, love the Albino ! Best of luck with finding a partner for the Albino ... few more scotches and you'll be there *hiccup*

Cheers,

Dee.

Dave76
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 06:23 AM
Great looking ladies you have there Mac :D

If I was in QLD I'd come and help you pick out fish, but prefer vodka myself...

Good luck in the quest for a male...fish that is :lol:

Dave

stonedavid
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 06:33 AM
hey Mac, Didnt they teach you sex education 101 in school, next time a little less mr walker and more learning. good luck matey, happens to us all one day or another
pete

mistakes r crucial
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks guys. David, 3 years time and I'd welcome a few scotches with you, we can chew the fat. Sex education Pete, you've gotta be joking. When I was at school they wouldn't even mention the word lol.
MAC

stonedavid
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 07:05 AM
lol yeah same when i went through the schooling system, dont think much has changed over the years. I did something similar last week, opened an inlet valve and flushed a tank only realising later all the babies had been flushed thru the piping into the filtration buckets. Never lost any babies just poured them back in with the parents, who were a little annoyed with me, duuuuuuoh.
Pete

lesley
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 08:38 AM
beautiful fish - maybe a little stones green ginger wine added to the scotch would help you pick a male?

lesley

goldenpigeon
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 08:46 AM
oh yer MAC, i turn 18 in a week, im just a runty looking 17 year old :roll:

sex ed - thank god for it. when ever subjects get boring all you have to do to get off topic is start asking sex ed questions hehe, works all the time!

Discus 41
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 09:16 AM
hey mac
exceptional looking fish,sorry to hear the demon fizz buggered up your judgement,should of switched to bourbon and cola
at least you now know you have 2 realily good looking females to breed with,good luck

Ian

G-1000
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 09:29 AM
Im glad ur fish didnt breed MAC - that albino is soooo ugly hehe

But seriously - very nice looking fish and I guess its one of those rare occasions where you dont want to witness lesbians going at it. LOL

G

mistakes r crucial
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 09:59 AM
It must be a cold day in helll G !
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 10:13 AM
A Whiskey Mac eh Lesley, now they bring back memories, in -8 degrees in POME land. Hope you received the package by the way.

Discus 41, I never buy Bourbon, poor excuse for a spirit if you ask me.
Cheers
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Thu Jul 13, 2006, 09:26 AM
Now I really feel like a total prat because 36 hours later I have 150-200 eggs and only about 15 white ones. Time will tell!
MAC

goldenpigeon
Thu Jul 13, 2006, 09:32 AM
LOL hoping for the best still!

mistakes r crucial
Fri Jul 14, 2006, 12:07 AM
Well guys, they aint ladies or at least one of 'em. They're wriggling! They've eaten quite a few but probably still have around 60 left. Really looking forward to seeing what these throw.
MAC

Dave76
Fri Jul 14, 2006, 12:31 AM
Well done MAC :D

Robdog
Fri Jul 14, 2006, 01:28 AM
Does that mean he was just well hung?

goldenpigeon
Fri Jul 14, 2006, 01:53 AM
^possibly.... hmm well hung discus BaHaHaHaHa ;)

congrats mate! must be very happy to get that pair!

mistakes r crucial
Fri Jul 14, 2006, 02:31 AM
LOL Rob, if the male is the one I think it is then he's the most well hung male I've seen. There again, I'm not in the habit of looking at male appendages! Looks like I have about 60 wrigglers and another 30 odd eggs to come.
Cheers
MAC

Merrilyn
Fri Jul 14, 2006, 04:33 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh MAC - discus work very hard at making fools of us all :P

Good luck with your fry :wink:

samir
Fri Jul 14, 2006, 05:53 AM
i think you need to change the Oh yes!! Ohhh Noooo, to
Oh yes!! Ohhh Noooo !! Oh Yes, Oh Yes, Oh Yes!!!!!! :D

mistakes r crucial
Fri Jul 14, 2006, 09:06 AM
They sure do make fools of us lol! So far so good with the wrigglers so it might be a case of changing the title. It's got me stuffed, I still dont know which is the male and female for sure.
MAC

RichVic
Fri Jul 14, 2006, 09:23 AM
hey Mac
Mistakes ARE crucial, indeed! Very funny thread

mistakes r crucial
Fri Jul 14, 2006, 09:34 AM
I've made plenty of 'em so far Rich and I'm sure I'll make plenty more but hey, if we don't learn something every day it gets a bit boring doesn't it.
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 08:39 PM
We lost the first lot of wrigglers, they got hungry! This time we caged the eggs and the female Gold Leopard obviously hadn't had enough so she laid again in the top corner of the tank. We now have about 50 - 60 free swimming GL X Alby fry and we're excited to see what we get in this batch. We moved half of them to BD parents with the same aged fry as they wont attach to the Alby and they latched straight on so here's hoping. Haven't lost one yet to our knowledge so we're rapped to say the least!
MAC

elvip
Mon Aug 07, 2006, 10:12 PM
Great work Mac - finally got there!!! It was worth the wait & effort!
Keep us posted - will love to see what the fry turn out like.
Cheers
Elvip :D

marg
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 02:03 AM
Great news Mac. Best of luck with them :D .

Marg.

Discus 41
Tue Aug 08, 2006, 07:29 AM
well done mac,at this rate you will soon be one of the main suppier on the forum,keep use all posted on your progress

mistakes r crucial
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 05:52 AM
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of these Alby fry. As I said in the above post we put a few in with a pair of BD's which are in a divided 4ft tank, 4 or 5 of the fry got through the divider in with a Spotted Leopard pair who had just laid eggs so I thought they would be fish food. Nope, the pair ate their eggs and the fry are swimming on their backs like good 'uns. If only we knew what they were thinking!

goldenpigeon
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 08:00 AM
thats amazing mate! im in absolute awe!

discusjim
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 11:53 AM
Great pairs, keep up the good work!!
Jim