PDA

View Full Version : Jebo or AquaOne Tanks - Which is better ?

Dee
Tue Jul 11, 2006, 08:27 AM
Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the better of the two ? As in terms of quality ? At face value both seem very similar.

Thanks,

Dee.

Nathan
Tue Jul 11, 2006, 08:29 AM
IMO i think jebo are, but thats just my opinion.

seecuta
Tue Jul 11, 2006, 08:55 AM
I second that. Jebos look better (the plastic looks shinier and of better quality?). However aquaone is better in terms of spare parts.

taksan
Tue Jul 11, 2006, 09:03 AM
Definetly Jebo .....but by a tiny margin

Dee
Tue Jul 11, 2006, 09:34 AM
Hey All,

Thanks for the reply's and the heads up ! Jebo it is :thumb

Cheers,

Dee :D

Proteus
Tue Jul 11, 2006, 10:41 AM
I would say they are on an equal playing field. The Jebo's have advantages in some areas, and where the AquaOne's stand out is in the availability of spare parts and accessories.

Easiest way to decide is look at a few, refer it to where it will be located in your home, and go with which you like best, either way, and with either brand you will not be unhappy.

Ben
Tue Jul 11, 2006, 02:16 PM
I rekon a jebo tank on an aquaone stand is perfect!!

Phlipper
Tue Jul 11, 2006, 11:23 PM
I have both types, and as Proteus mentioned they both have their good and bad points..................I think they all work similarly with just as much reliability. The thing I dislike about my Jebo is that the pump location on it is way too visible, needs to be more into a corner, but that may be just the particular model design, I have the half round panoramic model of 150 litres. I also find the Jebo has too small a filter tray assembly and it needs changing more often than a similar size Aqua One. the Jebo I have found as well to have odd size light tubes, not standard length at all :( making finding replacements sometimes difficult.

Overall I would go for the Aqua One, depending on model, they work great, look great and parts or replacements are available in almost every store. I have noticed on "some" of the larger Aqua One models of 6 foot or more that the accesability to the water for feeding or maintenance can be a pain as the front lid is one piece and very heavy and awkward to raise......something to look out for. :idea:

Robdog
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 12:51 AM
I have an Aquaone 4ft and have had no problems with it at all. The standard filtration has been running for 2.5 years now and still ticks over. Grumbles a bit when it's restarted after being turned off. I'm also running a canister on it just to be extra good. :) They make it difficult to add things like pipework for extra filters but there are ways around it. I've noticed the same problem as Phil about the accessability to the large tanks. I just slide my hood forward or to the side for feeding/cleaning but with the bigger tanks the hoods get bloody heavy.

I'm pretty sure Aquaones don't get any bigger than 6ft whereas the jebos have been known to produce 10ftrs. Just ask Ladyred

Dee
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 05:42 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the info, it's appreciated :D

How hard is it to use say an Eheim canister with the Jebo's ? As far as installing the pipe work. Im looking at getting a Jebo R375 (140L) as a breeding rig, any advice appreciated.

Thanks again.

Dee.

taksan
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 06:07 AM
I've got 2 375's with Eheim 2026's on them
al you do is run the Eheim instead of and as well as the top filter....
How do you run it both instead of and as well as???????
Its easy
You forgo the top filters powerhead and connect the Eheim outlet to the top filters spraybar
That was the water runs through the cannister then out over the top filter.
You get the benifits of a Eheim and the benifits of the top filter media all in one.

Dee
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 06:16 AM
I've got 2 375's with Eheim 2026's on them
al you do is run the Eheim instead of and as well as the top filter....
How do you run it both instead of and as well as???????
Its easy
You forgo the top filters powerhead and connect the Eheim outlet to the top filters spraybar
That was the water runs through the cannister then out over the top filter.
You get the benifits of a Eheim and the benifits of the top filter media all in one.

Heya Taksan,

Thanks for the tip mate, thats great news ! I'm a big fan of both Eheim canisters and top filters, is awsome to hear both can be used in tandem with minimal fuss. I'm a firm believer in the saying "there's never too much filtration". Also makes plumbing my DeBary in a breeze, great stuff !

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Dee:)

Phlipper
Wed Jul 12, 2006, 09:37 AM
Mine have been running for 3 years now using nothing but the top filtration system, and they are stunning and full of healthy fish........so why add another one as well ?