PDA

View Full Version : STOKED!!!!! my 3ft is up and running

lovenotthrowdiscus
Wed Jul 05, 2006, 01:54 PM
got my first corys on tuesday
4 sterbai's
this is my first tank in 3yrs!!!!!
so happy!
i want to get some short grass for the front foreground behind the crypts if anyone has any ideas? i dont have CO2 but.

Nathan
Thu Jul 06, 2006, 01:04 AM
looks good, any cahnce of a few more pics?

goldenpigeon
Thu Jul 06, 2006, 01:12 AM
looks sweet! more pics :D

dude have a look on Aquatic Gardens Australia for some tips on how to do some DIY co2. its really easy and effective (also very cheap).

cheers
David

lovenotthrowdiscus
Thu Jul 06, 2006, 01:23 AM
here are some more man.
i was just wondering about co2 and ph jumps?
im saving for a ph controller and co2 pressurized unit...
do you have DIY co2 man???
thanks for the input,appreciated.
that is my 6ft next to my 3ft.....just waiting for tax returns =)
and the other pic is my water change tank in my wardrobe...
so handy and easy!!!
as you can see there is hardly any room in my room now.
and thanks =)

Nathan
Thu Jul 06, 2006, 02:07 AM
looks great, id try an do the diy co2 on the smaller tank and save for pressurised co2 an ph controller on your bigger tank.

Are you going to put discus in either of the tanks?

just curious what sort of filtration are u using on the smaller tank and what will u be using on the 6ft tank?

goldenpigeon
Thu Jul 06, 2006, 02:39 AM
Nathan you can see the canister filter next to the smaller tank ;)

i have just made my DIY co2 generator and now im off to grab some yeast etc. i havnt used it before but i know a few people who have had very good results using it. so ill let you know how i go with it. i dont think you would have too much trouble with ph jumps because you need slightly lower ph anyway. ill have to check up on that one.

sweet W/C set up hehe! looks like you have it all covered!

that 6fter looks sweet. like nathan said i would definetly save the ph controller etc for the 6ft if you were going to have plants in there :D i see you have a fake rock background :d looks totally awesome! keep us updated!

ill tell OMA to have a look at this thread to help you out with your plants when i talk to him next.

cheers
David

lovenotthrowdiscus
Thu Jul 06, 2006, 03:21 AM
looks great, id try an do the diy co2 on the smaller tank and save for pressurised co2 an ph controller on your bigger tank.

Are you going to put discus in either of the tanks?

just curious what sort of filtration are u using on the smaller tank and what will u be using on the 6ft tank?

yea i think thats a good idea too.

yea im going to hopefully have 6 discus in my planted 6ft tank.
blue turqs or snakeskins most likely,so excited!!!! and nervous haha...

at the moment im using an aqua one 1200lph i think its to big for the tank im getting to much surface movement no matter where i put the spray bar. For the 6ft tank i was going to use the aqua one 2400 or the 2200...not sure yet,at first i was going to have the 2 1200 but my friend gave me this 3ft tank and stand it was in his garage collecting dust so i set it up and i dont really want to clean 2 filters if you know what i mean haha...

thanks for the comments =)

lovenotthrowdiscus
Thu Jul 06, 2006, 03:28 AM
i have just made my DIY co2 generator and now im off to grab some yeast etc. i havnt used it before but i know a few people who have had very good results using it. so ill let you know how i go with it.

sweet W/C set up hehe! looks like you have it all covered!

that 6fter looks sweet. like nathan said i would definetly save the ph controller etc for the 6ft if you were going to have plants in there :D i see you have a fake rock background :d looks totally awesome! keep us updated!

ill tell OMA to have a look at this thread to help you out with your plants when i talk to him next.

cheers
David

yea man,
am REALLY interested in hearing how your DIY co2 goes!!!

hahahaa yea the W/C tub fits perfectly in the wardrobe so stoked!!!

yea i will definitely wait for the 6ft for CO2/PH controller,its a shame i got to excited for the 3ft tank because i wanted a heater cable for the plants but got to inpatient =( yea the ROCK BACKROUND cost an arm and a leg but looks amazingly real people who come over look at my empty 6ft tank more than the 3fter hahaha

thanks for that im thinking of RICCIA?
keep me posted man and thanks for the advice and comments!!!

DR.V
Thu Jul 06, 2006, 10:37 AM
WOW two tanks in bedroom ?

Wont the noise disturb your sleep ? water or pump noise ?

BUT !! Nice setup. Keep us posted with the 6ft tank ^^

Good luck !

Nathan
Thu Jul 06, 2006, 11:33 AM
sorry just noticed it in the pic then. Yeah the background looks awesome, i reckon the background can be the difference between such a great tank and a crappy one

aquartos
Thu Jul 06, 2006, 01:04 PM
WOW! Thats a cool looking tank! Well done...

lovenotthrowdiscus
Fri Jul 07, 2006, 12:49 AM
Wont the noise disturb your sleep ? water or pump noise ?

haha the noise makes me get a better sleep....hahah maybe its because im a kiwi and love the sound of rain and it never rains here lol...since i have had the tank and W/C tank up and running i have been gettin better sleeps..weird i know.

thanks everone for the comments it stokes me out!!!!

Nathan
Sat Jul 08, 2006, 06:11 AM
lookn forward to some pics of the 6 ft after setup

lovenotthrowdiscus
Sat Jul 08, 2006, 12:52 PM
lookn forward to some pics of the 6 ft after setup

ill post some pics as soon as the 6fter is up,
im going to post the whole set up phase and progress
like the main man proteus did....

thanks for all your input and wisdom guys!

weird
Sat Jul 08, 2006, 04:14 PM
Looking great !

I also love the sound of pumps and above water surface spray bars, etc ... probably only once and a while I go ... gee that is loud ! does anyone else notice ? Then I fall into a nice sleep ;)

lovenotthrowdiscus
Sun Jul 09, 2006, 03:18 AM
its so true man!!!
when my girlfriend comes over she complains about the noise and then she'll wake up in the morning and she'll be like i had the best sleep...

it works for me.
i find it really peaceful.
glad to know im not the only one lol

Nathan
Sun Jul 09, 2006, 04:04 AM
yea thatd be great to see pics an a run down of the whole setup phase, looking forward to it rory