PDA

View Full Version : HELP! fish all huddled up in a corner

seecuta
Mon Jul 03, 2006, 09:39 AM
hi,

ive recently acquired some juvenile discus which i left in quarantine for the past week.
the quarantine procedure involved treating with prazi and some salt.
nitrites: 0ppm
ph: 7.2
ammonia and nitrates kept very low with 90% daily water changes with pre-aged water.

ok so heres the problem, recently all the fish decided to all huddle up in one corner of the tank, some even lying on its sides. all the fish are VERY close or even touching each other. occasionally they would surface and lie close to horizontally with the surface. some fish are showing more peppering than usual.

now ive recently had a discus plague outbreak and have successfully treated that with prazi and it worked for me.
im just wondering could this be the beginning of another discus plague and should i treat it with metro (im finding this drug a PAIN in the A** to get) so can someone point me in the right direction.

thanks alot

G-1000
Mon Jul 03, 2006, 09:53 AM
Without a picture - I would say you need metro. Because:

1) Prazi will not resolve discus plague (it may alleviate symptoms by killing off gill flukes however).
2) Metronidazole is needed to be administered to remove the causative organism.
3) Symptoms that you describe match both discus plague and hex (more likely discus plague due to the fast onset).
4) Metro treats both conditions anyhow.
5) Go to GP if you are desperate and explain you need metro for your fish (it is sold as Flagyl) not all GP's will prescribe of course, but worth a try.

G

DR.V
Mon Jul 03, 2006, 10:06 AM
Go to vet for Metro/Flagyl.

Hope this page is helpful : http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1758

Good luck

taksan
Mon Jul 03, 2006, 10:37 AM
Sounds like Plague to me ...go for Metro immediatly