PDA

View Full Version : Brown Discus not looking any better

Agent
Tue Jun 27, 2006, 11:48 AM
Looks like I may have jumped the gun & put 'Darkie'back in the community tank too soon, he has gone back to a brown colour and looks like he has been closed in book (easiest way to descibe him), you can see his bone structure around the head area. Do I go again on the Metro or try something else?
Hes not eating that much today, did some reading about mixing Metro into his food, how do you measure 1 mg out of a 200 g tablet?
Any assistance woul be very gratefull as I think he may be on his last legs.
Thanks Rob...

Bill T.
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 03:32 AM
You have certainly done a lot for this sick fish and the poor fella looks like he might not make it. This can be a sad fact of life. Sometimes the fish can sustain so much internal damage from whatever cause (sometimes from pathogens, someitmes from our attempts to cure) that it just can't cope any longer.
If/when this one leaves it's body in search of a better life, you might consider an autopsy - see if a specific pathogen can be located, which could give you a clue as to what to look out for with the rest of your fish.
In the mean time, I would put it back into quarantine.

TomNS
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 03:48 AM
I think you will find the table is 200mg not 200g - so you would need 5 tablets to make 1gram

Hope that helps

Tom

Agent
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks Tom, checked the tablet, you are correct, its 200 mg per tablet but
I need to add 1 mg to the food not 1g. Does anyone know how this is done? Not sure if you could see 1mg to the naked eye.
Darkie is still hanging in their, did a white pooh a while a go, if anyone has ideas, Im all ears. Not quite ready for the freezer of Clove oil yet!
Rob...

TomNS
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 10:44 AM
I used G-1000s recipe check it here

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7347

1) Get a tray of hikari bloodworms, thaw them out and remove the excess moisture.
2) Measure 1.5g of dimetronidazole out and add into 20mls of garlic guard.
3) Also get sera liquid vitamins and add about 30 drops of it into the garlic guard & metro mix.
4) Combine the bloodworms and the metro mix and re-freeze.
5) Feed the bloodworms mix twice a day - do not stop until all of the tray of BW is eaten.

Agent
Wed Jul 05, 2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks for all your help, unfortunately 'Darkie' went to the great aquarium
in the sky tonight, I tried everything but unfortunately he did not make it.
Funny thing though, just before he died, the chocolate brown colour disappeared & his leopard spots went back to the original colour, although I had never seen this colour in him,( he arrived a brown colour as I had him delivered on air freight from Slippery Llittle Suckers) his mate was the same, being a newby to fish, you do actually get a bit attached to them, It must be terrible to part with a fish after a few years.
All the best to everyone & thanks again.
Rob....

marg
Wed Jul 05, 2006, 11:38 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss Rob.

it is always sad when you lose one of your FIsh - they are like little peoples' and you do get attached to them.

Marg.