PDA

View Full Version : Lets try again

Escher
Wed Aug 11, 2004, 01:34 PM
Hi everybody :D
I am not totally new to the discus scene but certainly not very experienced. I had discus in the past: I got as far as having wriglers, but never managed to raise them (nor did the parents! :cry: ). Their numbers slowly decreased to zero a few months ago, but strangely I kept their tank running for months, with no fish in it (just plants). Going to the Pet Expo last year got things moving again, and as some of you already said, the bug got going again.
So now I have 10 discus (see some of them in the gallery) in a standard 4ft, but in the next week or so they will gradually relocate to a new 7x2x2.
Hopefully, with your help, I will manage to have a few offspring as well.
Se ya
Gianluca

flukes
Wed Aug 11, 2004, 03:41 PM
Wow thats a monster 7x2x2 you could use pool filtration.
Still havent got around to checking the pics ill have to do that now.

Cheers
Scott

Oh yeah if you can, could you update your profile with location mate. Just helps if people need to refer you too anything/where.

Proteus
Thu Aug 12, 2004, 12:12 AM
Welcome....

ahhhh, another big tank nut... :roll: cool

I hope to have my Discus in my 6 x 2.5 x 2 tank sometime soon...

and (hopefully someone doesnt see this :wink: ) I have my eyes on a nice small 10 x 2 x 2 with dual overflows, which I am sure will be more than comfortable for lets say 20-30 Discus... Mwhahaha :P

7 x 2 x 2... nice size BTW

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 12, 2004, 09:42 AM
Welcome back into the hobby. One thing I have noticed in my big tank (8 ft) is that it is totally peaceful. There is simply NO aggression whatever. There is a group in there that I have had in a 4x2x2 for years and there was always some pushing and shoving. But now - happy neighbours. Figure that! There are over 40 fish in that tank - all ages and sizes. Pairs form and then I move them to their own breeding tank - still without aggression toward tankmates :?

Annie
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 03:03 AM
Welcome to the site...And about "the not really experience" ...just think, some never gain any unless they start the process...it is such a learning experience form there. It only gets better!~

kalebjarrod
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 11:30 AM
experience is given to those who are willing to listen

learned people often don't say anything unless we ask

the trick is to know when to talk and when to shut up

problem is i spend so much time typing crap like this i can never get a word in edge wize LOL

welcome to a great fun place to hang and chat

Merrilyn
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 07:35 AM
Hey that's deep Ryan - very deep. I'm impressed.

kalebjarrod
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 08:19 AM
depth is a measurement that people use when thier up to thier neck in it.

anyone got a shovle? or a tape measure?

I'm not deep just a shit talker

:wink: