PDA

View Full Version : Seachem Discus buffer

D.J
Wed Aug 11, 2004, 01:11 PM
Hi has any one use this product?
I was suggested to this product by B & C Aquarium @ matraville.
It's quite expensive though, if anyone has used it before and finds it good, I might order it from www.aquaria.com.au as they are alot cheaper.
If any one wants to know more about the product, here is the link to it.
www.seachem.com/products/product_pages/DiscusBuffer.html

Donald.

flukes
Wed Aug 11, 2004, 02:51 PM
What is your ph? Would have to be fairly off scale too want to buffer it.
I dont know i personally dont like playing with or changing the ph as it seems what ever you do too get it where you want it, it takes 3 times the effort trying to keep it there.
Might be a good product but you would be going through truck loads of the stuff. Wait till MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) has a hold and that buffer will disapear faster than your money paying for it.

Really its personal choice but i would do a bit more reseach before starting to use a product like that.

Mattzilla
Wed Aug 11, 2004, 02:57 PM
i have never used it but only because i was warned off it a long time ago. APPARENTLY it causesfluctuations in ph which is not ideal. unless you have ridiculously high or low ph i wouldn't muck around with it. your discus would prefer a constant ph rather than trying to constantly alter it to perfect it. they will get used to and do well in a constant ph rather thatn a fluctuating ph

jmo
matt

Proteus
Thu Aug 12, 2004, 12:46 AM
it can cause radical swings in your pH if not used accurately and not in combination with Seachem Neatral regulator.

Whilst over in Denver for the ACA's 2 weeks ago I was supllied with a few samples from the Seachem rep, and I am quite impressed.

Discus Trace & Stability, the latter does interest me as it doesnt come with all the claims that most other bacterial additives come with.