PDA

View Full Version : some pics of my fish

samir
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 11:56 AM
here's some pics of my blue diamonds

DR.V
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 12:02 PM
Nice solid blue samir. Any more pics to share ? Perhaps with some babies ??

nicholas76
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 12:08 PM
Samir,

lovely fish and great pictures mate.

how is the spawn??

samir
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 12:47 PM
thanks guys, :oops: . this is just the third spawn. first round turned white, second round about 30 wrigglers. this time i've put them seperately with a sponge, its a bit early but lets see. i'll put up pics if anything happens.

goldenpigeon
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 12:54 PM
nice fish! these are the ones that just paired up for you arent they samir? if so your very lucky to have such a young pair with a neatly arranged spawn! many discus get the eggs all over the place when they are younger!

very nice fish IMO!

samir
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 01:03 PM
yup the're the ones,maybe the've spawned before, but they definitely weren't a pair when i got them, definitely lucky with this lot, this is the second time i've put them seperate and the've spawned the next day.i do have a sneaking suspicion that they know what the're doing and the've been through it before.

OscarManAlpha
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 02:33 PM
Bloody awesome Samir.

Just one thing mate the eyes are a little small !!

But you can't have everything can you ?

Do you think if you gave them a scale model of the Sydney pet shop they would spawn on it ?

Jokes aside, well done hope you get to raise many fry from them in the future.

Cheers,

Mark

samir
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 02:46 PM
the way the're going the'd spawn on a 1/20th scale model of bare chested rytis. lol rytis :lol: . cant help the eyes, thats how they came, hopefully the'll pick up a bit with time.haven't seen any blue diamonds here with good shape,the only good ones i've seen were in some aquarama pics,

samir
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 02:52 PM
here are the aquarama ones, bloody good fish,

OscarManAlpha
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 03:05 PM
haven't seen any blue diamonds here with good shape,the only good ones i've seen were in some aquarama pics,

The ones at the shows are one off's IMO.

If you could get pics of all the fish that came out of the same spawn of that particular one in the photo they would not all look like him\her.

[edit] They are not the same fish :oops: but you get the gist !!

I have one huge round fish ( solid bugger ) about 4 years old and could never get it to pair up !! ( not a blue diamond though )

You are a) lucky to have got them to pair up.
b) they are blue diamonds
c) They look good to me

How old are they do you think ?

Cheers,

Mark

samir
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 03:26 PM
i have absolutely no idea, but for them to get about 30 wrigglers (in a tank which has some pretty heavy water circulation)in just their second attempt, looks like the've been there, done that, before i got them. the other two have paired as well, but spawning seems a while away. i guess its probably the water out of my tap.

samir
Tue Jun 27, 2006, 12:30 PM
there were about 250 eggs out of which maybe 200+ wrigglers. the've moved everyone to behind the cone so i cannot take any pictures. hopefully they will attach with no dramas. then i'll post a few pics