PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Foods Australia - Breeders Blend

mistakes r crucial
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 11:02 PM
Hi everyone,

Many of you would be aware that we imported NatuRose at the beginning of the year. The results using this product have been outstanding and I hope everyone that bought it from us has enjoyed similar results.

We were so impressed that we decided back in February to develop a flake and pellet food laced with the required amount of NatuRose for those people that don't make their own BH recipes.

We wanted to make sure that Breeders Blend products are as organic as possible so the first thing to go was Ethoxyquin. For those that don't know Ethoxyquin is a preservative that is in the vast majority of fish/pet foods and debate is raging in the States over its use. It is allegedly the cause of premature death in many dogs and cats from liver and kidney failure.

Because many Australian products have not had a particularly good name in the fish hobby (feedback from many LFS) we have made sure that Breeders Blend products compete with the big brand names in every way. It is being manufactured and packaged for us by a Sydney company with over 40 years experience. Our first request was that the ingredients they use must be top quality and we are very impressed with the job they have done for us. There are 6 products to start with, flake in 30gm, 80gm and 120gm, pellets in 90gm and 250gm and pure NatuRose in 90gm.

The products will launch over the next month or so and will hopefully be in stores across the country over the coming months. Proteus has kindly allowed us to sponsor DF so there will be a banner to click through to our web site which will have a list of all retailers who stock the products.

I hope you can support these products as they are all Australian apart from the NatuRose and great quality. If your local LFS doesn't stock them and you want to try some please ask them to call 1800 444 324 and we will have our distributor contact them.

Cheers
MAC

Proteus
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 11:10 PM
Great to hear of a quality "Aussie" aquarium food being made available...

well done

mistakes r crucial
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks Proteus, its very much been a labour of love so I hope we get the support.
Cheers
MAC

marg
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 12:21 AM
Proteus:

Is APW likely to stock this food?

The reason that I ask is that our Local Fish Shops are really hopeless - a total waste of time - two of them don't stock any medications whatsoever and the other two want an arm and a leg for anything that they sell you - and half the time they don't have what you want anyway (e.g. Prazi!!!). They must really get sick of me because I go in there for a cruise to look at what Fish they have and walk out empty handed everytime.

I am finding that anything I need for my Fish be it Food, Water Treatments, Tank Accessories or Medications is purchased through either APW or AOA - and I get terrific service from both :D :D .

MAC :

If APW is not going to stock your product, what are the chances of Forum members buying from you direct?

I would really like to try this Food for my little Community (which for some reason keeps expanding :lol: :lol: ).

Thanks to you both.,

Marg.

Proteus
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 12:25 AM
I am sure several of the sponsors both online and store will be carrying this food

marg
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 12:28 AM
Proteus,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll keep my eyes open.

Marg.

vince
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 12:51 AM
what a great news!!

maybe should put it up as sticky?

vince

goldenpigeon
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 01:18 AM
awesome MAC!!!! ill grab some off you. what size is the pellet food? and was it specifically designed for discus?

mistakes r crucial
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 01:18 AM
Hi Marg,

Thanks very much for the interest. Unfortunately we are not going to be able to sell it directly as it would not be fair on the retailers that support us. However, we have a distributor for the whole of NSW and I'm sure some of the online companies will stock our products.
Cheers
MAC

Dee
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 01:56 AM
G'day MAC,

Great news on what sounds to be a great aussie product mate. I will be sure to use it in the future, once available. Best of luck with it !

Please keep us updated as to where it will be available from.

Cheers,

Dee :)

mistakes r crucial
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 01:56 AM
Hi David,

Hopefully we will have shops stocking it on the Gold Coast, its just going to take a little while for our distributors to get to them all. Over the next few weeks our web site will be up and running which will list all of the retailers, the address is/will be www.advancedfoods.com.au .

Thanks for the interest.
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:20 AM
Will do Dee and thanks for the support.
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:32 AM
David,

Sorry I didnt answer the rest of your post.

The pellets are mirco pellets so that one size fits all. The food is suitable for all tropicals but with a high protein content it is especially good for cichlids.

Just as a side note I am so impressed with NatuRose. The information and research coming out of Cyanotech in Hawaii is just great. Although we are not allowed to print any of this on the packaging because of Australian regulations Cyanotech are reporting that it is increasing fundicity (breeding) in fish and promoting good health. It's most certainly the best thing I have come across for a long, long time.

MAC

Ben
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 05:23 AM
Mac,

Thats bloody awesome mate!!

Well done to you for getting this off the ground!

I look forward to using this food on all my fish!

Cheers
Ben

Bill T.
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 10:55 AM
Where can I buy your products in Melbourne?

Ben
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 12:16 PM
Bill, I think it has not been distributed yet, I will make sure us Melbournians get a hold of this product!!

As soon as it is available I will be getting some!! And lots of it!!

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 07:17 PM
Good luck with the launch of your new food MAC.

I'm sure you'll get a great deal of support from the members on the forum.

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks all for your support, we're very pleased with the end result and hopeful it will go very well.
MAC